Learn from my mistake...

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Learn from my mistake...

Unread post by Rhapture »

So I have been farming for the riding turtle from garrison fishing off and on for a while now. I've lost count on how many of the murlocs I have killed. Today I joined a garrison fishing group thinking it would be a fun way to socialize while I farm. A carp dropped and I was encouraged to throw it in. I should have just saved it for my own garrison because the mount did drop, but the loot was set up so that everyone else could roll on it. Needless to say, I lost the roll despite people telling others not to take it and the leader just basically laughed in my face. So please don't be naive like me, people don't care about other people in this game. Just fish by yourself or save your carp for when you are alone in your own garrison.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Curtarc
Realm: Les Sentinelles

Re: Learn from my mistake...

Unread post by Curtarc »

I am really sorry to hear that :( There are some really horrible people with no conscious at all in the world and that also reflects in the game. I've had random people create a level 1 just to criticise my transmog and accuse me of copying the transmog of another class, insult me because of my guild's reputation (without even knowing me at all), join LFG groups just to rage at the requirements I had imposed and end up calling me a "retard" and much more. Unfortunately the only people you can really trust are people you know since a long LONG time ago. There are good people out there and I have more examples of good people doing good deeds than bad people doing bad deeds in the game, but you should always be careful when dealing with people you don't know.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Sorry to hear that. =/ such a horrible thing to have to go through. There are so many nasty players in the game so unfortunately you can really only trust the players you have known for a while. Rule of thumb for all group things like that is if it is not a raid wide reward of some sort, someone will try to ruin everyone's day.
best of luck next time. such a bummer for sure. =/

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Sorry this happened to you :( I only farm mounts with my husband or trusted friends. If I can do it alone I do. Its a sorry thing to say but basically trust no one when it comes to mounts. Hope karma throws something nice your way soon hun.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Log a ticket. This is something that never should have been allowed to go to an open roll and frankly it's a design flaw (or if not that, then it's a designER flaw) that it is.

They have taken action on other ninja loot situations so it's definitely worth asking at least.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

Thanks for the kind words guys <3 I think it might be a bit late to put in a ticket now, and it's honestly my fault for not checking how the loot was set up. I got caught up in the moment and assumed it would be personal loot.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

This is the main reason anything related to a mount i do alone, too many grievers.