Six new mounts in 6.2.2 and beyond

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Six new mounts in 6.2.2 and beyond

Unread post by Wain »

Krauth wrote:I'd be more hyped about the yeti if the saddle on it's back didn't look so bad compared to the bone seat on the gronling, everything that shrinks my toon on top of a mount feels very very lame, and it's something that started in WoD to shrink flying mounts to better fit the no flying situation.
In the beta the yeti saddle had hanging ornaments on it. Well, by "ornaments" I mean glowing skulls. But then they vanished for no reason we know of.

It doesn't make the saddle look a whole lot different, but at least it was something that broke up the monotony with a bit of colour. Still not sure why they did it (also, they did something weird to the yeti fingers. They're a lot more splayed in the live model than they are in this picture, more blocky, less realistic).

This is how it would have looked if they'd kept that version:

Compared with "5 shades of grey and beige", live:

No idea why they frakked with it. I think it looked far better originally. That little bit of colour made all the difference.
Attachments
pandarenyetimountgrey-redsaddle.jpg
pandarenyetimountgrey-redsaddle.jpg (150.45 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Confirmation Tweet that the moose will fly. (Sorry if it's a repeat but I didn't see anyone report this).

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/631680429515386880

Blue-green dream dust at its feet. I still think swirling leaves would be better, but it's not far off what was imagined by you guys :)

I wonder if the Felstalker will fly too. The current tooltips suggest not, but that may change.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Wain wrote:Confirmation Tweet that the moose will fly. (Sorry if it's a repeat but I didn't see anyone report this).

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/631680429515386880

Blue-green dream dust at its feet. I still think swirling leaves would be better, but it's not far off what was imagined by you guys :)

I wonder if the Felstalker will fly too. The current tooltips suggest not, but that may change.
They are prob making it exactly like the windsteed as i suspected, wish blizzard didn't hold back so much on frigin mount animations.

I wish the Yeti just had a bigger body like the clefthoof or used the wotlk model, all blizzard gotta do is stop acting lazy and make mounts scale to the actual size of the race and not a middle ground where only Taurens get a bigger mount, the corrupted dreadwing being bugged for THIS fkn long is absurd, and you can see that it wasn't the mount that was supposed to be bigger, but the characters that were supposed to be smaller, one of the things that pissed me off the most is how they destroyed the Skyscreamer scaling after 6.0 hit.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I so want to tame and also ride a moose.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The models for the Illidari Felstalker and Grove Warden are now in the PTR database, so we could get better shots for WCM. Click on the links below:

Image Image

Interestingly, the Felstalker mount uses the "wild" felstalker skin with a separate armour / saddle skin over the top. What this means is that the mount could also be made to appear in black or green, the other two felstalker colours. Click for better pictures:

Image Image

Since the red is going to be the CE mount, there's probably less of a chance that these extra colours will ever appear. But the precedent with the dread raven means it's not impossible.

Alternatively they could just make all three available with the CE. It would at least add some variety when the CE comes out, so not everyone riding the new mount would be on the same one. Or... make all three available with the CE but limit the other two to Warlocks and Demon Hunters. Or unlock the extras at level 100 or something. At least they'd be available, whatever it takes.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I'm glad there's a new holiday mount (although I'll probably not get to farm it much, I'm usually out of town during most of "winterveil"). I was hoping there'd be a new Brewfest mount, a goat named something-something-Bock. The 300 mount cloud serpent looks grand, best collection award so far, imo.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Oh my GLOB! I don't usually like freaky/ugly things when it comes to pets and mounts, but I need that Predator puppy!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

I love the moose and CE mount, they will be mine!

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I have 322 mounts... but I didn't get the achieve? It shows I only have 278... :(

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

It will only count and add up the amount of mounts that you have access too on a single character for this Achivement (as with all other previous mount count achievements)

The count that is displays in game include both factions mounts that you technically have access too, so includes horde mounts even if you only have an alliance character. To be honest it is a little confusing, but if you want a truly accurate amount, I'd recommend heading over to Warcraft Mounts.

Make sure you upload/sync which character you thing has the most mounts (normally Palladins/Warlocks/Dk's win out with class mounts unless you have 3 or more Arena/PVP Achivement mounts on another class) this will give you an accurate number of mounts that add towards the Achivement. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Lupen202 wrote:I have 322 mounts... but I didn't get the achieve? It shows I only have 278... :(
Wow ingame system counts alliance mounts you also have, so it gives a total count and not the mount count you have on your 1 character. I have 323 mounts on my hunter alone, but 374 total.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

If you look up the achievement on your character on battle.net, it shows the accurate amount. In game, it uses count for whichever character has the highest, for the last time they logged in. In addition to faction mounts, there's also a few single character mounts: Gladiator (1 for each arena season), Viscious Saddle (up to 4 so far), and Class Mounts (2 for Warlock and Deathknight, up to 3 for Paladin)