Store vs In-Game Mount Quality Discussion

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Re: Store vs In-Game Mount Quality Discussion

Unread post by Jurz »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Scarlet wrote: Who knows. Maybe they could add an option that, if a mount has been released for a long period (1+ Years), they could be purchase by gold sums, like WoW tokens. Going by the current exchange rate maybe 75k a mount or more.

It might make both parties a little more content
They kind of did do this with the BMAH, but I personably think it was suited to a very specific wow player. To start with the 1st few time Invincible came up it was a 999 999 999 buy out (along with many others)
This kind of vendor caters for AH stalkers and Gold Cappers, and those that like to play wow like a Corperate Banking Game. These can be pretty ruthless and leave little chance to those even with 1/2 that amount of gold, which is still a rediculous sum.

The idea of old raid mounts being a a bit cheaper as suggested would be a good idea imo, not exactly sure the best way to add them, maybe via a Buyout Vendor near the BMAH? Other permanently removed mounts (Zg raptor, Zg tiger, Plauged Proto, etc.) are think are ok for the BMAH they are not as common and fit a "black market" theme (though id love them reintroduced somehow) but the BMAH suits them for now. They could also eventually add in other removed mounts. (Early Vanilla Epic mounts, crusader mounts, etc.)

Failing that, they cold just have the BMAH have more mounts up/appear in general? That way all th cashed up AH Players can coff up all their large chunks of gold on the 1st few they want, then after a while they may end up being more available/affordable.
I would die from happiness if I could get the ZG Tiger. I farmed that raid every week ever since I learned I could solo it up until they revamped it (I don't know how long I was farming, but it was well over a year at least) and I never got him so now he's like an impossible dream mount. I know he pops up on the BMAH but I never think to check and I'm terrible at farming gold so I'll probably never have whatever amount it sells for on there XD

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Store vs In-Game Mount Quality Discussion

Unread post by Dewclaw »

" I know he pops up on the BMAH but I never think to check and I'm terrible at farming gold so I'll probably never have whatever amount it sells for on there XD"

I'm in a similar situation. I managed to save up (it took me several years) 100,000 gold. I was so proud of myself! I thought I might finally have a chance at buying a mount either off the ah or the BMAH. Boy was I wrong. :( I need triple that or more, and by the time I get that (it'll be 5+ years at the rate I go) prices will have gone up accordingly.