Magnakilro's Guide to Throne of Thunder (as BM)

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Magnakilro's Guide to Throne of Thunder (as BM)

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Been way too long, huh? Well I'm back with a new guide for you Warcrafters here! This guide is to help you all get the 2 mounts and 5 of the 6 mini pets in this raid!

Do note that I was ilvl 698 with my Hellfire Citadel 4 pc when I did this.

This guide will NOT be covering bosses past Animus as they are not important to the topic at hand.

What you'll need:

1: Bloodlust pet

2: good gear (I'm almost entirely HfC norm geared w/ 4pc, save for a roic Blackhand trink at the time, an empowered Baleful Belt, and 2 roic HfC pieces (ASrch neck and Velhari pants) from the Draenor Dungeon bonus and legendary ring upgraded 3 times)

3: Luck.

With those in hand, let's get to it! Make sure this is set to 10 man Norm.

Jin'rokh the Breaker: Easy nuke. Just burn him quick. Do NOT stand close to him, except if you want to use the explosion from the ring proc on him. If you get too close, he will throw you eventually. From my experience, he screws up your pet if he throws you. Don't stand in Lightning Fissures

-------
Horridon: Also very easy. With good gear, you can get him down before the Gurubashi door opens. Stay out of Double Swipe and kill adds. IMPORTANT: DPS Dinomancer adds SLOWLY. They need about a sec or so after hitting 50% or less to drop the orb used to get Horri to destroy a door. Boss drops the Pygmy Direhorn pet and Spawn of Horridon mount. Pet is baby blue Direhorn. Mount is blue not stone direhorn

-----------------
Council of Elders: This was my first roadblock. But with one talent swap, this boss is easy. Set your tier 1 talent to Posthaste (Disengage now breaks roots). You want to start off by killing Malak asap. Try to have him dead before he casts Frostbite or Biting Cold. After he dies, kill Mar'li next asap. Then Sul, then Kazra'jin. Never stop moving, as Sul and Kazra can't hurt a moving target. Disengage out of roots. IMPORTANT: If Mar'li gets possessed, STAY AWAY FROM HER! She summons adds that insta-kill you when possessed.

Note: Trash preceding this boss can drop the Living Sandling pet...mini pet sand elemental.

-------------
Intermission: The bridge destroying cutscene is unskippable if you watch it...but if you can use a glider or something and fly into the hole under the bridge, you won't hafta watch it.
----------
Tortos: Easy. Just nuke. Make sure to have a Whirl Turtle available to interrupt Furious Stone Breath. Don't stand in falling stuff like a dingus.

------------------

Megaera: Absolute joke. Just nuke nuke nuke. With my lvl of gear you can kill her heads during rampage and skip all actual mechanics of the fight.

---------------

Ji-kun: Easy. Just nuke away. Do note that my pet tends to despawn by the end of the fight. Dunno why but it causes Bl to not reset. Boss can drop the Ji-kun Hatchling minipet (take the Teroclaw Hatchling...make it younger) and Clutch of Ji-kun mount (armored Teroclaw mount).

-----------------

Durumu the Forgotten: This is the hardest boss here. You NEED to kill him before or just shortly into the color phase. What I do is I have the pet wail on the boss a bit to build Frenzy stacks. I then use FD (with Play Dead glyph) to reset once I have enough stacks. As the boss respawns, I use Focus Fire at the last second so I have the buff on pull. This gives me enough burst to kill him in time. Don't stand in purple pools and don't let him punt you.

-----------------

Primordius: Easy. Kill adds and step in RED pools. Each red pool gives a stack of a random buff. When you have 5 total stacks, you mutate and do full dmg to Primordius. Just mutate and nuke him. Don't step in purple puddles. Don't step in puddles after mutating. Drops the Viscous Horror mini pet, a blackish red slime with an evil face.

Note: Primordius also drops the Living Fluid pet (a lil anima slime) but this pet is EXCLUSIVE to LFR. LFR is actually harder to solo than this is. You may be better off trolling AH for this.

-----------------------------------------

Dark Animus: SUPER easy. Make sure you remove Glyph of Play Dead. Pop the anima bubble and start the fight. Shoot one of the golems so your pet gets aggro. Feign Death and all golems except the one your pet is fighting will reset. Run the golem to Animus and kill it to activate him. Kill animus.

Animus can drop the Son of Animus pet...a mini pet version of his adds.

----------

Hope this helps you get nice things!
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Magnakilro's Guide to Throne of Thunder (as BM)

Unread post by Makoes »

Magnakilro!!!! *GLOMP*!!

Also, really awesome guide :D I am going to have to give this a try!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Re: Magnakilro's Guide to Throne of Thunder (as BM)

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Hello! I guess ya missed me XD *hug* Good luck on your hunting!
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon