Infinite Timereaver and Grove Warden

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Infinite Timereaver and Grove Warden

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I've never bought a carry before so I'm a bit clueless. But on my realm literally no one raids. I think the top raiding guild hasn't even downed heroic Archi yet... And so I'm screwed, as I assume since you aren't able to trade gold cross server, I'm unable to buy a carry from another realm?

Unless some build will take pets as bribes lol.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

If you can find a nice guild willing to take you ahead of time, you could always make the gold on the target server by selling pets there.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lupen202 wrote:I've never bought a carry before so I'm a bit clueless. But on my realm literally no one raids. I think the top raiding guild hasn't even downed heroic Archi yet... And so I'm screwed, as I assume since you aren't able to trade gold cross server, I'm unable to buy a carry from another realm?

Raids aren't realm-restricted though. If you look in the group finder you can find groups for raids on any server in your region. :)

Like you, I no longer belong to a raid group. I plan to do what I did in MoP. That is, use the group finder custom raids section to look for Normal groups now. You can often pick up an organised raid that just needs to fill a few spots. As for Normal, even if the gear is no better (in many cases) to what you get in Tanaan, you usually need to show you have run all of normal before a group will accept you to run heroic. Use Wowhead to research the difference of bosses to LFR as you go. Most will only be minorly different as Normal is not difficult. Then having achieved Normal, apply for Heroic groups in group finder, starting at the start. And checking boss differences. If later bosses get beyond your current gear you can always leave and they'll pick up someone else easily, then run from scratch again the next week until you're confident.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Syn

Unread post by Syn »

Lupen202 wrote:I've never bought a carry before so I'm a bit clueless. But on my realm literally no one raids. I think the top raiding guild hasn't even downed heroic Archi yet... And so I'm screwed, as I assume since you aren't able to trade gold cross server, I'm unable to buy a carry from another realm?

It just depends; if you wanted to do pets, I personally would just sell some on a high pop server.
Since you're Horde, Illidan would be an idea server.
Pretty much you just find a guild, make sure they have been around for a while or have references and just give them the gold and usually 10 minutes later you get your kill.
You don't have to get on voice or anything and they usually encourage you to die at the start unless you want to do the fight.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wain wrote:

Raids aren't realm-restricted though. If you look in the group finder you can find groups for raids on any server in your region. :)

Like you, I no longer belong to a raid group. I plan to do what I did in MoP. That is, use the group finder custom raids section to look for Normal groups now. You can often pick up an organised raid that just needs to fill a few spots. As for Normal, even if the gear is no better (in many cases) to what you get in Tanaan, you usually need to show you have run all of normal before a group will accept you to run heroic. Use Wowhead to research the difference of bosses to LFR as you go. Most will only be minorly different as Normal is not difficult. Then having achieved Normal, apply for Heroic groups in group finder, starting at the start. And checking boss differences. If later bosses get beyond your current gear you can always leave and they'll pick up someone else easily, then run from scratch again the next week until you're confident.
I know that raids are cross realm, it's just paying for a carry through a raid isn't as simple as cross realm trading is impossible.

I suppose though if I find it impossible to down Archi with a pug, I can try and sell some pets beforehand on another realm for gold.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I have gotten pretty good at accumulating gold. if people are looking to buy a kill some gold tips i would recommend are:

-level 3 Inn and as many followers with treasure hunting as possible. barracks, dwarven bunker and salvage yard are great for gearing up your new treasure hunting army.
- run all of the cata raids on 25m heroic and just vendor everything. its laughably easy money. I have some trouble with the chimera boss and the elemental guys from bwd and bot on my 650 hunter but other than that its not too demanding if you don't have amazing gear. also if you are a skinner you can get a ton of leather from the trash in firelands by the door.
- check the price of BC gems on your server. both the raw and cut gems have gone up in price thanks to timewalking. farming bc raids is double effective since they can drop gems and some of the pets are still worth a few k.
- PETS PETS PETS! you have lvl 90+ alts? go farm some raid pets! go through your battlepet list and sell all your doubles. put together a small team (fey dragon and iron starlet are decent for dreanor leveling) and powerlevel a few pets to 25 if you want. (the little girl in shadowmoon is a good place to start) if you have alts or make alts on other servers see what sells low and what sells high there vrs the server you want your money on. sell high on the alt server, buy low then send those pets to the character you are collecting gold on. I usually sell raid pets and use the profits to buy tcg/store pets to move around.
- keep an eye on the price of a HF run. the demand will spike when it first comes out but if you wait a few weeks the price should drop to something more reasonable.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I have plenty of gold, it's just stuck on one realm. :P Which is why if I end up needing a carry I'll have to rely on pets to get the gold cross server, to a realm that actually has raiding guilds. Pets don't always sell though, but we'll see.

And speaking of gold, It's also a good idea to keep an eye on undermine journal for your realm. Just the other day I bought a star belt pattern for 100g and resold for 26k. Also bought some boots awhile back for 30g that sold for 10k. I've even seen some extremely cheap arcane focusing lenses... On my realm they sell for 14-20k.

Rare items don't always show up but when they do it's an amazing way to get quick cash.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I have a feeling this won't be the only moose mount. There were a bunch of wolf mounts after the Garrosh wolf mount, so I suspect there will be more moose mounts. I'd expect them to be plainer than the grove warden, maybe unable to fly, but they would be crazy to not use this model for other mounts.

I'll wait until Beta to see if my hunch is true before I pay for a HFC Arch run for the Grove Warden.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah but....I would've preferred the DRUID moose be available to all and not locked behind raid content. It was labeled a store mount and honestly...it should've stayed there. They could've put in a mount that made more sense, imho, and less of a killjoy to many of us that have tried heroic groups but they've all been utter failures, refuse to buy runs/can't buy runs due to lack of cash and having a lot of IRL responsibilities that pretty much says farming of any kind is a no go.

But yeah...the moose as a mount reward just seems...bizarre to me.....from an Archimonde kill. You're in this fel corrupted place....and your reward for doing a quest there is this pretty moose.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Syn

Unread post by Syn »

Junrei wrote:Yeah but....I would've preferred the DRUID moose be available to all and not locked behind raid content. It was labeled a store mount and honestly...it should've stayed there. They could've put in a mount that made more sense, imho, and less of a killjoy to many of us that have tried heroic groups but they've all been utter failures, refuse to buy runs/can't buy runs due to lack of cash and having a lot of IRL responsibilities that pretty much says farming of any kind is a no go.

But yeah...the moose as a mount reward just seems...bizarre to me.....from an Archimonde kill. You're in this fel corrupted place....and your reward for doing a quest there is this pretty moose.
Too many people complained about the store mount =(
Don't count yourself out though, there will be many different options on getting the kill.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Junrei wrote:It was labeled a store mount and honestly...it should've stayed there.

... refuse to buy runs/can't buy runs due to lack of cash
Not to nitpick, but if it's a store mount it costs money. Paying cash for a carry (if you were to go that route, either by actually paying someone directly or by buying a token and using that for gold) costs money. So aren't both things the same in the end?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

peanutbuttercup wrote:
Junrei wrote:It was labeled a store mount and honestly...it should've stayed there.

... refuse to buy runs/can't buy runs due to lack of cash
Not to nitpick, but if it's a store mount it costs money. Paying cash for a carry (if you were to go that route, either by actually paying someone directly or by buying a token and using that for gold) costs money. So aren't both things the same in the end?
A token? If you think decent runs usually are paid with tokens on a raiding server, you're sadly mistaken. Gold only, not tokens with a fixed amount and you're looking at like...100k+ a run for a guarantee at a mount.

Pugs tend to be terrible thus far. Only way I'm guaranteed to get the mount is if
A) My guild's heroic group will be nice enough to take me sometime, but they aren't at Archimonde yet.
B) I somehow get the money. If I sell tokens(which would be more than one), I'd still be paying more than I would than if it was a store mount. I'll take the one time buy over having to buy 2 or 3 or more tokens to sell and hope someone even buys them.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Syn wrote:
Junrei wrote:Yeah but....I would've preferred the DRUID moose be available to all and not locked behind raid content. It was labeled a store mount and honestly...it should've stayed there. They could've put in a mount that made more sense, imho, and less of a killjoy to many of us that have tried heroic groups but they've all been utter failures, refuse to buy runs/can't buy runs due to lack of cash and having a lot of IRL responsibilities that pretty much says farming of any kind is a no go.

Too many people complained about the store mount =(
Don't count yourself out though, there will be many different options on getting the kill.
Yeah and it annoys me that Blizzard listened. I like it better when they stick to their guns about little things like this.
Not for many...a year or so down the road after Legion. :/ *sigh*

Now what would be cool is if they allowed the mount to be a raid drop.....then after Legion is released, the mount goes in the store.

LisaaraPokefarm

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

You can't buy tokens and trade them directly so that wasn't what I meant. But at the current rate 3 tokens (so $60) will net close to 100k gold, which is enough to buy a carry on any realm if guilds are charging 100k. IMO you should be able to get a carry more cheaply than that if you wait for guilds to start competing against each other for sales.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

peanutbuttercup wrote:You can't buy tokens and trade them directly so that wasn't what I meant. But at the current rate 3 tokens (so $60) will net close to 100k gold, which is enough to buy a carry on any realm if guilds are charging 100k. IMO you should be able to get a carry more cheaply than that if you wait for guilds to start competing against each other for sales.
Which $25 store mount would be cheaper and faster. Now I have to wait for a year til guilds start charging less than 100k. *sigh*

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Junrei wrote:
peanutbuttercup wrote:You can't buy tokens and trade them directly so that wasn't what I meant. But at the current rate 3 tokens (so $60) will net close to 100k gold, which is enough to buy a carry on any realm if guilds are charging 100k. IMO you should be able to get a carry more cheaply than that if you wait for guilds to start competing against each other for sales.
Which $25 store mount would be cheaper and faster. Now I have to wait for a year til guilds start charging less than 100k. *sigh*
Unfortunately it's unlikely you'll have a year, unless Legion takes a very long time. The moose is supposed to go away around the time 7.0 hits. Otherwise people wouldn't be as stressed by it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I can relate to what Junrei and Lupen is saying. For the wolf I paid for a carry - I had to transfer realms to do it (so theres $30 right there) and so took an undergeared toon that I didn't mind leaving a guild for to do it. I paid my money (50k i think) and the grp was just awful in terms of attitude. I explained before hand I had to xfer a toon that wasn't my main to buy the carry but was then critized for not "pulling my weight". Hello? I'm paying for a service here. I expected to be carried hence why I paid. It put me off the whole thing for future mounts tbh.

So in some cases it is defiantly cheaper (and less stress) to just buy the mount from the store! But yeah fingers crossed it either eventually ends up there or we get colour variants in future.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:
Junrei wrote:
Unfortunately it's unlikely you'll have a year, unless Legion takes a very long time. The moose is supposed to go away around the time 7.0 hits. Otherwise people wouldn't be as stressed by it.
Then I'm screwed. TT_TT

LisaaraPokefarm

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Regardless of when the moose goes away, in the meantime you should try to save up as much gold as you can.
As soon as possible, get a level 3 Inn and recruit multiple followers with the Treasure Hunter spec. You can only do one per week, so if you haven't done this already, start now!

If you have an an alt or two, do the same with those characters. This guide elaborates a little more... with 3 mostly optimized garrisons, the creator was easily making 30k per week.

Then there's raids... so lucrative for the effort involved, I'm almost positive these will be nerfed with 7.0. As of now, you can easily make 5-8k per week running the 25H Cataclysm raids. (Even more if there's a particular market on your server for Cata crafting materials or the purple BoEs that drop.)
If you are ilvl 630 or above, these should be a breeze with the possible exception of:

Baleroc: Start the Alysrazor fight first, collect as many flame-ring stacks as you think is necessary, then fly over to Baleroc and kill him easily.

Chimaeron: Have a spirit beast and/or a potion ready for when he reduces your health to 0.

Valiona and Theralion: Have a spirit beast and/or a potion ready for the second Blackout

Spine of Deathwing: Make sure you're easily able to run left and right quickly to avoid rolling off. But for the majority of the fight you can sit on the grasping tentacle and wait for 9 bloods to pile up.

If you're above ilvl 670, then you can ignore the above mechanics and faceroll with pleasure.

This is also not counting any of the other forms of making gold... I hear Jewelcrafting is very good due to a daily garrison quest, and the Garrison pet battle stones make it easier than ever to quickly level up battle pets and make them ready for sale.

I have not really tried hard to make gold this expansion, but the Garrison practically hands it to you. I have at least 170k more than when the expansion began, and that's after spending some on a chopper and various battle pets. So please, don't give up. It's more than possible to get enough gold for a carry.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wow, thanks for the link to that guide Equeon! I've been using my garrison to make treasure anyways, but I never really thought of "optimizing" it even more. That had some good tips that I'm going to work on. :)