Infinite Timereaver and Grove Warden

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Re: Infinite Timereaver and Grove Warden

Unread post by Mozag »

Right, that makes more sense. Still, I will now forever visualise gigantic Archie riding a tiny moose with wobbling legs.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I was really surprised to see this on mmo champ today. I thought they were done adding stuff till legion. The changes are actually encouraging to me. between xrealm mythic, the return of vp and a store mount becoming an in game mount- I see a little ray of sunshine peeking through the clouds.
I do hope that the drake will have white cracks/lightning on it by the end of beta though. its my favorite part about that flight. I recall the wind drakes having lightning on them too. :D
I will probably resub for a little bit to get these guys. really pleased with the infinate and moose.

I think the infinite drake may be easier to get than people think since you can use personal loot and it can drop from any boss. even if its a weekend only thing just think about it: most people are already running them for the other mounts, you can run as many as you want in a day and unlike most places where only one boss has a 1% drop, EVERY boss will have a chance to drop it. so that's three or four chances per run at least. it could be similar to farming VoA for the mammoth but without the lockout.
They could also use one of the unused Twilight drake mounts, maybe? I remember some twilight drakes in Grim batol.
im not so sure about that. i know they used some of the armored twilight drakes for arena seasons back in cata so it may be too similar looking.
My guess is either a green fire anzu to complete the set, or a new colored ds style drake. green would be amazing.
How bout an Atramedes (BWD boss) mount XD
oh! I almost forgot about him! he would be my #1 choice if i had my way. every time i go there i feel bad for killing him and ask aloud why he is not a mount.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about getting the moose. heroic is what normal was in mop. and with the way gold falls from the sky in wod and time tokens can be sold, it shouldn't be too hard to buy a run if you need a carry. plus if i understand things right, mythic gear will be dropping some pretty high ilvl stuff and can be upgraded by 10 ilvls with valor. i keep hearing people say it could be better than mythic gear?
Either way i doubt they wont make reskins that you can get in other places. the desire for a moose is too wide spread for it to be wise to only make one that will be removed within a few months.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm also happy about the new source for the moose mount for another reason. If it's not a Store mount then it should be easier for them to add more moose mounts in Legion without feeling like they're treading on Store territory. I don't mean others as fancy as this, just mundane, non-radioactive, non-flying ones. They may not do it, but at least the option is there.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

My concern about the moose being heroic/mythic only is that those two levels are significantly tougher than lfr and the recently significantly nerfed normal versions of Achimonde. I fear that a lot of people won't be able to get into an heroic difficulty without being part of a dedicated raid group. Heck, my hunter is in one and I'm a little concerned about just how long we'll have to take the guy down on heroic.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I managed Garrosh on heroic to get the wolf mount in MoP, but Archi definitely seems more difficult. I'll try to gear up and attempt it but it just really stresses me out when I haven't raided at all since SoO. I wish they'd at least make it normal mode. This isn't even tied to the Aotc achieve, but is apparently a quest setting up legion. I think anyone that can defeat Archi outside of LFR deserves to experience this quest line.

At any rate I do hope we get more moose mounts now, so if I do end up failing this one I'll be able to fall back on a less epic version.. but still. I try to get as many retired mounts as I can.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: New mounts

Unread post by Equeon »

Castile wrote:
Nímrod wrote:It's likely going to be added to the store after the limited time.

People complained that it was a store-only mount. This gives them a new way to obtain it.
That would be nice but i reckon we'll see different colour/armour variants of it elsewhere rather than the exact same model/colour from the raid or you'll get the "muh exclusive raider mount! Casuals can buy it noooo" crowd arc up.
I figured it would be available from the store after you can't get it in-game any more. From the response I've seen on a few forums, it seems like most people wouldn't even mind if you could purchase it afterwards, so long as there was an opportunity to earn it in-game.

If you ask me, that's the best way to offer store mounts, especially if they resemble ingame NPCs like the moose/rylak/ravager/faerie dragon:
Have an exclusive event or challenge to try and earn a mount, and after some period of time, the event ends. After this, the mount can be bought from the Blizzard store.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

The Kor'kron War Wolf was not awarded on a flex (now normal) kill. So it makes sense that the Grove Warden wouldn't be awarded on normal difficulty.

Again, keep in mind guilds will be selling carries. It's not unreasonable to pay for this if it's something that you really want. If my raid team doesn't hold together I may end up paying for a carry even though I have the heroic AotC, which I think is silly, but it is what it is.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Yes, but unlike the wolf the moose is part of a quest, a quest that sets up the Legion questline apparently. And it just seems odd that only heroic and mythic raiders that down Archi get to experience said quest.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Ever since Flex mode was removed and Normal and Heroic gained scaling difficulty, Heroic has been the "new" Normal.

I don't think it's odd at all, considering there was no previous reward for Ahead of the Curve this expansion and the fact that Blizzard wants to encourage people to keep playing their content until Legion hits. The promise of a nice mount from Heroic Archimonde will certainly motivate plenty of players to continue raiding and gearing up for the next several months.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

blue said something about the drake for those who are worried.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=2#22
Confirming for you here that yes, the new mount will be on a Personal loot roll. This is the case for all loot in Timewalking.
-Kaivax

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So happy to hear about the moose mount. I'm thinking of resubbing for a month or two to go snag the little guy.
I don't care if they make a reskin or put it in the store afterwards so its look is available in another way- just so long as i don't have to drop half the $$ price of an xpack to get one. Very happy about this and some of the other changes they mentioned.
and that new infinite mount is looking good too.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

SylviaDragon wrote:blue said something about the drake for those who are worried.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=2#22
Confirming for you here that yes, the new mount will be on a Personal loot roll. This is the case for all loot in Timewalking.
-Kaivax
Thats awesome to hear. I love timewalking so I can just spam the dungeon finder till my mind bleeds (and now I can look forward to looting the bosses as most of it is useless to me expect for xmog - which i have f all space for anyway) and get my mount eventually :D

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Equeon wrote:
I figured it would be available from the store after you can't get it in-game any more. From the response I've seen on a few forums, it seems like most people wouldn't even mind if you could purchase it afterwards, so long as there was an opportunity to earn it in-game.

If you ask me, that's the best way to offer store mounts, especially if they resemble ingame NPCs like the moose/rylak/ravager/faerie dragon:
Have an exclusive event or challenge to try and earn a mount, and after some period of time, the event ends. After this, the mount can be bought from the Blizzard store.
That would be ideal really - I don't mind waiting or if I can challenge myself for a mount. It's alot better than a 0.0001% drop rate anyway!

Someone will ALWAYS complain though. Its sad that the minority always screams the loudest and ruins things for others.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Didn't they used to award "Ahead of the curve" raiders with 100% drop rate mounts then drop the rate later to 1 or 2% basically? I've always been a raiding noob so I don't remember, but I like that method much more. I'm still gonna try for the moose, but I missed out on the wolf (partially my fault for being a college student and not having enough time or money to invest in the game and missed out entirely which I'm still extremely upset about)

As for the Infinite Drake, super pumped! I read that it's 100% drop rate if ran with friends? Is that true? Like a whole group of friends/guildies?

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Jurz wrote:Didn't they used to award "Ahead of the curve" raiders with 100% drop rate mounts then drop the rate later to 1 or 2% basically?
The only AotC mount so far has been the Kor'kron War Wolf. Everyone who got the achieve got the mount.

Mythic (or equivalent) only mounts that drop off end bosses have traditionally been 100% drop, then nerfed to 1% once the content is no longer current.
Jurz wrote:As for the Infinite Drake, super pumped! I read that it's 100% drop rate if ran with friends? Is that true? Like a whole group of friends/guildies?
It's personal loot, so it shouldn't make a difference who you run the dungeon with. And it's just too early to know what the drop rate will be. Anything you read to the contrary is just rumor.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Castile wrote:That would be ideal really - I don't mind waiting or if I can challenge myself for a mount. It's alot better than a 0.0001% drop rate anyway!

Someone will ALWAYS complain though. Its sad that the minority always screams the loudest and ruins things for others.
It all depends on which side of the argument you're on. Some would say that the "gimme shiny mounts" crowd is responsible for Blizzard's "money-grubbing" through selling beautiful mounts that could have been earned in game.

I would have felt a LOT better about the state of the game's mounts if the Iron Skyreaver was rewarded from a special questline in the WoD prepatch, and then was put up for sale with the game's launch.
Or if the Faerie Dragon / Grinning Reaver were Ahead of the Curve rewards for Highmaul or BRF. When those achievements were removed, they would go up on the store for everyone else.

It would be great to have a middle-of-the ground compromise between the two viewpoints with "limited in-game availability", then "permanently purchasable".

Here's hoping the Grove Warden is a sign of the mount policy to come!
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I don't like to raid. Much less heroic. So this isn't a change I'm happy about.

If they confirm that we can get it in the store later, that's great. Till they do, I'm not going to be a happy camper. High end raiders get ALOT Of content 'just for them' and for bragging rights. Adding in more isn't going to 'keep them happy'. It's just going to anger the more casual base.

Remember, for every -one- raiding Heroic or Mythic, there's probably 5000+ players that never do. The "Minority" "IS" the high end raiders.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

This is complete conjecture, but I'd estimate a drop rate of 1% to 0.3%. Any Timewalking boss has a chance to drop the mount, and there's an average of 4 bosses per instance. If the drop rate was as high as 5%, then you'd have a good chance to obtain the mount after only 25 dungeon runs. That's nothing compared to how many you'd have to run for the two badge-earned mounts.

To keep Timewalking dungeons appealing for a longer period of time, the drake will have to have a low enough drop rate to encourage people to keep running them.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I don't like to raid. Much less heroic. So this isn't a change I'm happy about.

If they confirm that we can get it in the store later, that's great. Till they do, I'm not going to be a happy camper. High end raiders get ALOT Of content 'just for them' and for bragging rights. Adding in more isn't going to 'keep them happy'. It's just going to anger the more casual base. Remember, for every -one- raiding Heroic or Mythic, there's probably 5000+ players that never do. The "Minority" "IS" the high end raiders.
Do they really get "ALOT" of content? There's the mount from the final boss on the highest difficulty, the title from the final boss on the highest difficulty, and... some slightly different item models from the bosses on the highest difficulty...? Oh, and the special Cho'gall fight, if you're counting that.

Basically, if you are not in the top 1% of guilds who can down the last boss of the tier on Mythic, you're not getting much of anything exclusive. Though it's way better now than when simply seeing a dungeon or getting epic gear was a privilege, you can't deny that there is a lack of exclusive content between LFR and Mythic.

The change could anger the casual base... or it could encourage them to strive for a goal.
Blizzard didn't add all those new ways to gear up - some of which can be earned through Heroic dungeons and LFR, which are the definition of casual content - just so lower-end raiders can get bigger numbers on their screen.

It's so they can have something to work towards for the next eight months, instead of getting bored and quitting.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

yeah no word yet on the drop chance of the mount but i'm sure it wont be 100% with friends since the aim of it is to keep you running timewalking. they said "A chance to drop off any boss" so it cant be that high. 1% is the norm for mount but since so many bosses can drop it it may end up lower.
Also the model is in wowhead 3D viewer. It looks unfinished to me. the claws and wing bones look untextured. also no lightning effect, just a puff of smoke.