Infinite Timereaver and Grove Warden

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Infinite Timereaver and Grove Warden

Unread post by Magnakilro »

For you mount collectors out there, in a recent patch preview for 6.2.3 Blizz touched on these two mounts, one known one new.

Timewalking will be expanded to include Magister's Terrace (TBC), Pits of Saron (Wrath) and 6 Cataclysm dungeons (Grim Batol, Stonecore, lost City, Vortex Pinnacle, Throne of Tides, and End Time).

All Timewalking dungeon bosses have a chance to drop an Infinite Timereaver mount...a rideable Infinite Drake.

-----

The Grove Warden mount will NOT be store-bought as previously seen. In patch 6.2.3 Archimonde in Hellfire Citadel will drop a quest starting item. The quest sets up legion and rewards the mount. The item can only be obtained on Heroic or better difficulty. This mount will not be available forever.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Infinite Timereaver and Grove Warden

Unread post by Makoes »

a rideable Infinite Drake....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /feints

And...Grove Warden mount...hope my guild will do carry runs so I can get it!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I've always wanted an infinite drake... But this is going to be so hard to get. ;-; Not only do you have to rely on rng like usual, but there will never be a way to farm this on your own. You'll eternally be grinding for this with a group, having to roll against four other players every time it drops. If it drops. AND add on the fact that the event only exists a week.

And with my luck? The odds are definitely not in my favor. :s

I'm also kind of iffy on the grove warden mount. I have been neglecting raiding this entire expansion and now if I want this mount I have to get my butt into gear and do heroic Archi. Ugh. I haven't even done normal mode lol. Going to be very stressful for me but I need that mount.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Magnakilro

Just a note but Timewalking DOES do Personal Loot, I'd wager the mount will follow that rule too.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for posting this :) We've updated the news at Warcraft Mounts.

I'm really happy they're not making the moose a store mount. I don't have any problem with store mounts, but this particular one was such a part of player folklore that I didn't think it was appropriate. I feel bad for anyone who won't be able to get it during the limited edition time period, but hopefully it won't be hard to get geared and into a heroic raid. The stuff that drops from Tanaan Jungle really isn't much different to Normal, which means you won't be too far off being good enough for Heroic.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Magnakilro wrote:Just a note but Timewalking DOES do Personal Loot, I'd wager the mount will follow that rule too.
OH! I didn't even think about that. That makes me a bit more hopeful, then.

Seeing as I'll be grinding for all of the pets and mounts anyways I hope I'll see it drop eventually. I wonder if they'll be adding a third vendor mount with Cata?

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lupen202 wrote:I wonder if they'll be adding a third vendor mount with Cata?
I did wonder that, but maybe they'll delay it a little, since the other two are still fresh and still a long way off for most (non-insane!) people. I think it'd be better to add them in stages, rather than make it too daunting by piling even more in there now.

If they do go for an unused colour of an existing mount for the Cata vendor (as has been the case with the BC one) ... I had a look and there actually isn't a lot of choices!

There's an unused colour of storm drake:
Image http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/skywalldrake.php
... but it's not all that different to the North Wind one, and probably not special enough to spend so many months earning.

There is a gold seahorse that is quite pretty:
Image http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/goldseahorse.php
Maybe a new option for an underwater mount might be the way to go! There isn't many.

But maybe they'd go for something created in a different expansion, like they did with the WotLK one. Or a new recolour... a green version of the "handmaiden" drake model would be stunning :)

Anyway, sorry, this is probably a bit off topic in a thread on actual new mounts :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

They could also use one of the unused Twilight drake mounts, maybe? I remember some twilight drakes in Grim batol.

But it would be really awesome if we got a new model. Maybe a Deathwing drake akin to the Onyxian Drake or something. But I know that's way too good to be true ;P

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Magnakilro

How bout an Atramedes (BWD boss) mount XD
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ugh, why did you have to remind me? I totally forgot about him; he'd make such a sick mount but again, probably too good to be true xD

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Oh man, oh man. Now I have a real reason to keep playing right up until Legion! An infinite drake and the MOOSE MOUNT AVAILABLE IN GAME?!
Time to get Heroic geared... I'm coming for that Grove Warden!
Neleyah
Realm: Zirkel des Cenarius [GER]

Unread post by Neleyah »

The Infinite Timereaver got me all freaked and stuff, but as soon as I read about the new source for the Grove Warden, my mood just died right away. :/
I've quitted raiding at the end of MoP because I just can't bring up the concentration and nerves for this anymore and now I have to try raiding again just to get this mount? Nha, guess I should forget about it. To find a raid group who is willing to carry someone who can't bring up the concentration needed all the time is like winning a million jackpot. :(

Would have been more fun if it was a quest anyone can do, not just the people who do raiding. For me it seems a little bit like Blizz is trying to keep the people occupied till Legion launch...well, I'm waiting for the Timewalking Weekends then and grind these instances with my friend for the Timereaver. And pretend the Warden does not exist, blah.

Music cleanses the understanding; inspires it, and lifts it into a realm which it would not reach if it were left to itself.
~Henry Ward Beecher

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Pretty sure there will be plenty of guilds selling carries for the Grove Warden, just as they did for the Kor'kron War Wolf last xpac. Though personally, I think they should've just linked it to the AotC for heroic Archimonde, I'm not sure how many raid teams will still be killing him by the time the patch comes in.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New mounts

Unread post by Lisaara »

Moose mount isn't a shop mount or even a legion mount. It's a limited time mount for Heroic and Mythic Archimonde only......yanno, the sort of raid very few people actually see so....yeah.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=249483/patc ... g-dungeons

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

It's likely going to be added to the store after the limited time.

People complained that it was a store-only mount. This gives them a new way to obtain it.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Neleyah wrote:The Infinite Timereaver got me all freaked and stuff, but as soon as I read about the new source for the Grove Warden, my mood just died right away. :/
Would have been more fun if it was a quest anyone can do, not just the people who do raiding. For me it seems a little bit like Blizz is trying to keep the people occupied till Legion launch...
Uh... they're "trying to keep people occupied?" That's exactly what they should be doing, unless you want the game to lose even more subscribers in the would-be content drought from 6.2's launch to the Legion pre-patch sometime in late spring or early-mid summer.

This new patch adds Baleful items going up to 695 ilvl, Mythic dungeon loot ranging from 685-725 ilvl, and new valor point upgrades that you can get by running Heroic/Mythic dungeons or LFR.

Those are more than enough to get you into a normal HFC pug, if not heroic outright. From there, it will take some dedication, but it will be much easier now with so many players wanting to get the mount and so many new ways to gear up.

And even if this isn't possible for you, you can always pay for a guild to carry you through heroic Archi for the mount. Tons of guilds did that for the Kor'kron wolf and were very successful. I'm sure most guilds that regularly raid Heroic will offer such a service.

So don't lose hope. Don't let your mood die. Get hyped! Your moose mount is out there... and it's waiting for you to come get it!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Ooo infinate drake!!! I love timewalking so this gives me a reason to keep going beyond the 5 I usually do :D RNG will probably bite me but with personal loot there is always hope!

I wouldn't stress about the moose non-raiders. Just like the war wolf I'm sure the minute it gets taken out of game there will be 10 colour variants avaible to get through rep/money/sitting in your garrison farting. I really thought I got something special with a wolf my ally could ride but then came all the other wolves lol!! So yeah I won't panic just yet with this mount.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Nímrod wrote:It's likely going to be added to the store after the limited time.

People complained that it was a store-only mount. This gives them a new way to obtain it.
That would be nice but i reckon we'll see different colour/armour variants of it elsewhere rather than the exact same model/colour from the raid or you'll get the "muh exclusive raider mount! Casuals can buy it noooo" crowd arc up.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I am very excited about both mounts since I LOVE timewalking (and have been wanting an Inifnite dragon for a long time, it being the best looking flight in my opinion) and am super glad to see the moose mount in-game instead of as yet another cash cow. Unless I get my partner's guild to carry me for an Archimonde kill, I won't be seeing the moose myself though, which is a bummer since I'm really in love with it. I don't have time to raid properly because of the baby, but I'm STILL glad they're letting people earn it instead of just paying money for it. :)

Now, the only question is: why does Archimonde have a moose with him? Is it a pet? A mount? A trophy? Does he have a secret fetish for moose?
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Apparently after killing there's a short questline to return a corrupted fragment thing to druids in Moonglade. As thanks for beating the snot out of Archimonde (again), they give you the magic moose.