A list over the mounts i have to choose from now (Image heav

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Re: A list over the mounts i have to choose from now (Image

Unread post by Congafury »

They look nice!:)

oh my, but this one looks silly:) big head! as if someone was choking a ballooon animal!;p
Don't panic!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That does look dumb
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:lol "War-barded Cavalry Spiritsteed" ? Copy wow much on that one ? For the mount I would pick. I would go for the first one. It looks total badass.
Seriously?! The post with that mount was made back in 2007. No WAY it was copied from WoW. Why the hell does EVERYONE think that just because something from some other MMO looks even slightly like something from WoW, they say "OMGZ THEY COPIED WoW!!!11" the first chance they get?! Just because something looks slightly like some creature from WoW, does NOT mean it's copied. In quite a few cases, the creature is based on some myth, or legend. One of my biggest peeves is when people say Pokemon/Digimon/Naruto copied *Insert one of the three here* and "their" ninetailed fox... EVER HEARD OF A FRICKEN KYUUBI?! God, people are just too freakin' stupid sometimes.
Now now. No need to nerdrage here. It was a joke all in good fun. And sometimes things are based on myth, sometimes things are coincidental, but in a LOT of cases, there are in fact copied and reproduced Models from Within the WoW files used inside another game. And because there is a lot of it, people tend to go straight to "It's a copied Model/creature etc."

And besides, if the people saying things like this were extremely in all seriousness flipping because of it, they'd be nerdraging at Blizz too for all of the creatures/ideas blizz 'copied'/borrowed from Wizards of the Coast/DnD. Owlbears have been around a hella lot longer in DnD than in WoW...

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Gimlion wrote: Now now. No need to nerdrage here. It was a joke all in good fun. And sometimes things are based on myth, sometimes things are coincidental, but in a LOT of cases, there are in fact copied and reproduced Models from Within the WoW files used inside another game. And because there is a lot of it, people tend to go straight to "It's a copied Model/creature etc."

And besides, if the people saying things like this were extremely in all seriousness flipping because of it, they'd be nerdraging at Blizz too for all of the creatures/ideas blizz 'copied'/borrowed from Wizards of the Coast/DnD. Owlbears have been around a hella lot longer in DnD than in WoW...
I was never nerdraging, I was just pointing out that there was no way it was copied.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Alrighty. You seemed a bit riled up over the situation, and I hate seeing people mad, so I was trying to defuse the situation. Sorry for any mix ups. :mrgreen:

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Senna-Umbreon

Gimlion wrote:Alrighty. You seemed a bit riled up over the situation, and I hate seeing people mad, so I was trying to defuse the situation. Sorry for any mix ups. :mrgreen:
... I wasn't riled up when I replied, but to be honest, I am now. I'm rather tired of people thinking I'm getting all riled up when I'm just defending my own opinion! Argh.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

/hugs Senna like that big guy from Mulan... Cookies? or maybe a Waffle? (>^.^)>#... no? (>#<)
<(^_^)>

Senna-Umbreon

... WAFFLES!!! *Strikes a really corny heroic pose* An' in the mornin', I'm makin' waffles! ... Yeah, we're kinda derailing the thread now XD
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

What's up with the mount durations? Do you have to rebuy it? Do you need to recast it? Are they only usuable once a day? Once period? I mean what's up with that. And while the mounts are cool, the names are silly. Black saddled bronze armored battle rhino. Yeah try saying that two times fast. Why not Bronze battle Rhino.

And some of the anatomy looks really, really off. Like, when I make a creature in spore, off O_o

Edit: I liked the lava spirits alot tho- wouldn't mind seeing mages get elemental horses like this. Or even better, come cata, elemental mounts that drop/are buyable/rep grindable. Srsly. Lava, Water, Air and Earth horses. Or rhinos.

or clefthoof
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Duration simply means that you cast the spell onces per day. Even when you enter a zone where you cant mount, you dont need to recast the spell (accually its a charm you wear on your charecter), it automaticlly mounts up. And if you dont like the look on your mount you can simply hide it with /hidemount command ^^ just giving you the speed without the graphics

Ive hidden my dire bear cause it feel like riding a rodeo bull... its very jumpy hehe i am saving for a horsie now, they are more smooth to me

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:lol "War-barded Cavalry Spiritsteed" ? Copy wow much on that one ? For the mount I would pick. I would go for the first one. It looks total badass.
Seriously?! The post with that mount was made back in 2007. No WAY it was copied from WoW. Why the hell does EVERYONE think that just because something from some other MMO looks even slightly like something from WoW, they say "OMGZ THEY COPIED WoW!!!11" the first chance they get?! Just because something looks slightly like some creature from WoW, does NOT mean it's copied. In quite a few cases, the creature is based on some myth, or legend. One of my biggest peeves is when people say Pokemon/Digimon/Naruto copied *Insert one of the three here* and "their" ninetailed fox... EVER HEARD OF A FRICKEN KYUUBI?! God, people are just too freakin' stupid sometimes.
Fri Jun 04, 2010 is 2007 ?
Senna-Umbreon

AdamSavage wrote:
Senna-Umbreon wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2010 is 2007 ?
I'm talking about the link, the post with the picture of that mount was made in 2007.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

to end the " ive copied wow discution" Senna is Correct. EQ2 predates wow :D End off fuss :) PLus EQ1 predates wow with around 8 years i think (i started to play in 1996) and back then there were flying carpents too.. just not so graphic :D (you should HEAR The debates in the chat channels over this lol)

IMO as Senna says if you see the lore behind it, and look of Dungeon and Dragons (which i played in 1988 ^^) almost all MMORPG will have some elements of fantasy in them that they share. That doesnt mean that someone copied another :D

now back to my mount maniac :D
ohh and btw the mount with the big flyffy head (the tan kitty) is the same as the neat looking rearing mount.. the kitty has just been outfitted with armor ^^

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig