Galleon and Oondasta spawn times

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Galleon and Oondasta spawn times

Unread post by Wain »

Galleon and Oondasta should now have 15 minute spawn times! Source, Mr Feasel:
https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/759082423044874240
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Galleon and Oondasta spawn times

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Yep, and I'm so glad. With legion even more people will be able to solo, and with the current spawn times ... I couldn't even imagine. It's bad enough that the drop rates are abysmal, the long spawn times are just unnecessary.

Now would be a great time for Oondasta to become tameable as well. Waiting 15 minutes isn't so bad if a hunter wants to grab her.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh gosh, that's good news! Maybe now I'll actually bother heading out that way... xD

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

A very welcome change (provided they didn't further lower the already abysmally low drop rate) considering the new CRZ/phasing bug was pretty much preventing anyone from being able to kill them this week.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Oh serious woot! time to farm farm farm

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

It looks like Oondasta has a lockout thing, though? I feel like it kinda defeats the purpose of farming if I have to wait a week to try again. Although, I suppose that's true of any raid boss. It's just annoying seeing him there, mocking me, knowing that I can't loot him when I kill him. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Rhyela wrote:It looks like Oondasta has a lockout thing, though? I feel like it kinda defeats the purpose of farming if I have to wait a week to try again. Although, I suppose that's true of any raid boss. It's just annoying seeing him there, mocking me, knowing that I can't loot him when I kill him. :lol:
If you have multiple characters, it helps. If you can't find either of the bosses up, it helps. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm a loser and didn't play during MoP, so I only have Pandaria flying on Rhyela. And all of my characters are currently poor fools with barely enough money to transmog. :lol: It's alright though, I have mainly been on the island for the dino bones and eggs. My chances are much better with that!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Kalliope wrote:
Rhyela wrote:It looks like Oondasta has a lockout thing, though? I feel like it kinda defeats the purpose of farming if I have to wait a week to try again. Although, I suppose that's true of any raid boss. It's just annoying seeing him there, mocking me, knowing that I can't loot him when I kill him. :lol:
If you have multiple characters, it helps. If you can't find either of the bosses up, it helps. :)
The point wasn't to increase loot chances. It was to give people who were farming these guys, by running all their alts through the route each week, less of a wait.

Example: I'm up to 8 toons a week on Pandaria world bosses. It used to take me about 3 days, if I was lucky, to get just my Galleon and Oondasta kills done, and that's just sitting there, doing nothing, waiting. Now I can often finish them both on Tuesday.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

You're a machine!!! I wish I had that kind of drive.

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

There's a flight point on Isle of Giants and one in Halfhill, so you don't really have to have MoP flying. It's my understanding that Broken Isles Dalaran will have a portal to Shrine.
Make sure to have your bonus roll tokens ready to go. Oondasta uses the ToT bonus tokens, which you buy on Timeless Isle for 1000 timeless coins. Galleon uses the MSV/HoF/ToES bonus token, which you can get as drops on Isle of thunder, or buy with lesser charms of good fortune at the Ox Temple.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I...don't have any idea what any of that is. :lol: Those acronyms are another language to me. But at least I know where to start if I ever muster up the motivation to farm him! Thank you!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

ToT: Throne of Thunder. The bonus token is Mogu Rune of Fate.
MSV/HoF/ToES: Mogu Shan Vault / Heart of Fear / Terrace of Endless Springs. The bonus token is Elder Charm of Good Fortune. Also used for Sha in Kun-Lai Summit.

Timeless Isle is a good spot to farm currency for both, 1000 timeless coins for 1 Mogu Rune of Fate, and 20 Lesser Charms of Good Fortune for 1 Elder Charm. Typically the tougher the mob, the more currency from them. I think people usually farm either frogs, or the Ordon Yaungols at the highest plateau. Evermaw (the whale shark) and the Dread Ship Vazuvius (which requires an Evermaw kill) are very rewarding as well.