Magnakilro's Guide to the Underbelly for Ratstallion

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Magnakilro's Guide to the Underbelly for Ratstallion

Unread post by Magnakilro »

So many of us, myself included, are excited to ride this graceful, majestic beast into battle. But not all of us knows what Sightless Eyes are or what they do....so I'm here to help!

So...what we need to do is to amass a lifetime total of 20,000 Sightless Eyes. You can do whatever you want with the eyes when you get em....the goal is just LOOTING that many. Do note you can only have 5,000 Eyes on hand at once.

So where do you get these apparently defective eyes? Well my friends, we must take a journey into the Underbelly of Dalaran.

The New Underbelly:

The Underbelly underwent some changes after its time in Northrend. Where back then it was just an extension of Dal itself basically....now its a hive of scum and villainy.

In the new Underbelly there are only TWO permanent 'Sanctuary' areas.....the entrance area you reach via the sewer entrance near Krasus's Landing (this spot has a Blood elf guard captain guy and a gnome) and the entrance area you reach via the sewer entrance near Violet Citadel (contains the warlock Class Hall port). The ENTIRE rest of the sewer system depends on two debuffs: I forghet the names but one has the Kirin Tor symbol as an icon and the other is crossed axes.

Kirin Tor symbol: Guards are on duty. Underbelly is a pvp-free zone during this time.

Crossed Axes: Chaos. Anarchy. Mayhem. The guards are on break, turning Underbelly into a Free-for-all PvP zone.

The Blood Elf Guard captain allows players to pay 50 Sightless Eyes to bring the guards back (if they gone) or get rid of them (if they are active) though this requires a decent period of time to pass after the latest swap to be doable. He also sells Bodyguards for 5 gold. Bodyguards will make you immune to the Free-for-all pvp setting when the guards are gone. They last 5 minutes and the buff can't be right-click cancelled. Lastly, for a lil over 900 Eyes, he sells a Box of Ratstallion Harnesses. Buy it and place it and a zone-wide alert will play. Everyone can head to the box and claim their own temporary Ratstallion.

The nearby Gnome is a typical repair/trade guy. There are various vendors around the sewers selling items that can help get more Eyes (like mob spawners, Fish school spawners, boss empowering items) and various Crafting recipes. All of this costs Eyes.

One vendor, for you mini-pet Enthusiasts out there, sells the Sewer-Pipe Jelly pet for 250 Eyes as well as a box of Young Mutant War Turtles for 1500 Eyes. Use the box to release four catchable turtles. A Zone-wide message will play, alerting everyone to the lil ninjas. ((there are also catchable Blind Rats in the Underbelly too).

Okay so now we know how the Underbelly works....how do we get eyes? Well here's how:

1: Kill other players. You'll get a bunch of eyes with each player kill you get credit for.

2: Kill summoned mobs. Bats, Imps, Worgen and Crocolisks all drop Eyes.

3: Loot Chests. Open chests, get Eyes. The most valuable is the Underbelly Hoard which has a minimap icon and minimap ping when it spawns. WARNING: PLAYERS WITH BODYGUARDS CAN NOT OPEN CHESTS.

4: Fishing. In the Black Market area (same area where you could buy Ghostly Skull pets in Wrath Dalaran) you can see fish schools. Fish those for Eyes. You can also buy chum here that adds extra schools that give fish that have Eyes inside em.

5: Glorious Earwax Candles: at 110 you get a quest that unlocks the ability to turn into a Kobold for 20 minutes. The quest is repeatable (seems to be bi-daily.) Anyways, as a Kobold all kills you make (Pvp and Pve) reward these candles. A vendor in the Underbelly will trade you Eyes for them. 1 candle=1 Eye. NOTE: THE QUEST MAY NOT TURN YOU INTO A KOBOLD! My second use of the potion turned me into a Skrog with hp and dmg done tripled. There may be others. You get paid 150 Eyes for completing this quest as well.

6: Sewer Raid Bosses: Sometimes a raid boss will spawn (alerted with a minimap ping and a star on the minimap). These guys drop a load of Eyes if killed. If someone uses the Wild Magic Wand on one, it becomes MUCH stronger but its Eye yield increases as well (upgraded bosses drop around 200 Eyes).

Bosses are:

Screek the Bat (summons swirlies everywhere that hurt. Almost impossible to avoid)

Crazed Mage (launches Fire everywhere. Not hard to avoid)

Thieving Scoundrel (Blade Flurries...so don't be immediately in front of him)

Mana Seeper (not sure)

Splint the Rat (does ninja moves)

Rotten Egg (After enough dmg is done, it hatches into a large group of high hp Spiders. The spiders take 90% reduced dmg from AoE)

Segacedi, the Sewer Shark (drops over 200 Eyes by default.)

A Wrathguard. He does a sorta charge/whirlwind thing like Xhul'horac's trash mob does.

WARNING: BODYGUARDS DESPAWN ALMOST IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOU FIGHT A SEWER BOSS!

7: Pet Battling: Battling the Blind Rats and Young Mutant War Turtles in the Underbelly and winning earns you some eyes.

And there you have it! Collect 20k total and enjoy your permanent rat mount!

Edit: Added that Pet Battles in the Underbelly reward Eyes too.

Edit 2: Added more info on the Potion quest for the Kobold as well as a Sewer Boss I missed.
Last edited by Magnakilro on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Magnakilro's Guide to the Underbelly for Ratstallion

Unread post by Lupen202 »

It's very pathetic and many may laugh at me for it... But I'm not a big pvper. So, what do I do? Hide.

As soon as guards go off duty, I ignore any chests. They're simply a waste of time for the amount of eyes inside - you'll never be able to open one anyways. Instead I take the cluster of people fighting over it as an opportunity; I hide in a corner, under some stairs or behind some crates and barrage everything to get everyone tagged, then I feign death ASAP before I'm noticed so people won't see my health bar. When I feel like it's time to barrage again, I'll repeat the process until guards are back.

A tag is all you need to get sightless eyes. Not a killing blow. So you can be cowardly and lazy and let other people get you your rat :P No need to stay in the open or single target people down... Unless you want to.

Of course, I help kill rares when the guards are on duty and I buy ratstallion harnesses and turtles as a treat for everyone else.
Last edited by Lupen202 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Magnakilro

Personally, I'm at 7k total eyes. They rack up surprisingly fast.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I've made close to 6k just by doing it for maybe two hours added up over two days? I always stop pvping when my Rez timer gets up to two minutes because it just becomes frustrating waiting so long.

I'm definitely glad I checked the vendors though as I like the gutting skill for skinners from the feral worgen. Since I'm out questing still and skinning quite a bit, the stomachs containing junk, arch fragments, silk or more are a nice added bonus.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Any successful pet battle will give you 75 sightless eyes.

Someday, the Ratstallion will be mine :)

Also, isn't there a daily once you get to 110? Not there yet myself, but I've heard rumours.
Magnakilro

I'm 110 didn't see a daily. And I forgot about the pet battle thing. Whoops XD
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I've already seen someone outside Dala with one so the grind can't be too bad. :D :mrgreen:

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I got a quest the day I hit 110 that turned me into a kobold for 15 or 20m, I don't remember exactly; any kill that awarded sightless eyes also gave me candles I could turn in for additional eyes (1 candle = 1 eye).

But there was nothing today.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I had no idea about any of this. This is excellent information, thank you so much!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks heaps for this guide :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

This guide has actually made it seem a bit less daunting. I knew nothing about Legion and I really am terrified by PvP so you can imagine my absolute horror when I went happily running into the Underbelly only to be flagged and murdered :lol: Thank you so much! :D

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

You can even join groups. I found one named rat farm last night and got the last 7k I need in less than an hour. :)

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I was a little intimidated to try this out since I am not one for PvP, but with this guide and finding a group farming it I'm already halfway there tonight! :D This is exciting, I thought it would be much harder to get.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I was actually surprised by the amount of eyes you can get in a short period.. I only went down there for a LW quest but I couldn't resist and jumped in for a few bosses (rares?) and a bit of mischief but came away with around 800.

Thanks for the guide!

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Yeah surprisingly this isn't the worst grind, even if you don't PVP. I don't have interest in the PVP part, but sometimes people get caught in the crossfire and maybe you accidentally kill them. I just go down to the sewer when I'm between quests or just want a break, pick up a few hundred eyes, and then back to the rep and dungeon grind.

Only complaints I have, and they're big ones, is that the LAG is atrocious at times, and the sharding technology means you might get screwed out of the right to loot a rare, because if you die you aren't guaranteed to end up in the same shard as the one you were in before.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'm worried Blizz will be like 'hm these are dropping too frequently... *NERF*' by the time I get around to it, heh...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Finished up the rest this morning! :D I think in total it probably only took me about 3 hours?? Maybe less. As long as you get into a good group it goes by quick! Thanks again for the tips here, I never would have known where to start otherwise. He's so cute I love this mount! <3

Last edited by Vephriel on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnakilro

Made a few edits to the guide: Added a missed boss and added more info on the Transformation potion quest.

So glad ppl are finding success with this guide! I'm glad to help!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I have a whopping 500 eyes. Everyone in there is level 110 now and I'm only 107, so I would almost certainly die a quick and painful death. Maybe I'll get some friends together and try at 110. I really want the rat, though! I love rats!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Just a clarification: pet battles against Blind Rats give 75 Sightless Eyes, pet battles against the mutant turtles do not give any.