New Mounts

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

New Mounts

Unread post by Rawr »

Looks neat! It's calle the Rockspine Basilisk
Image :mrgreen:

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: New Mounts

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Eeee, that basilisk!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

We're also getting the falcosaurs and a skate, which is a stingray I believe.

My only pet peeve about the basilisk is I wish the saddle was a little further back xD I feel like clothies will blind it with their robes.

Also still no unarmored unicorns and stormdrakes in sight :(

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've got my eye on that beautiful purple stormcrow!

The basilisk is cool but not my favourite colour, personally. :( Wish they'd gone with the fel green or the slate or even the purple. Still cool though!

And the Nightfallen mount is very gorgeous, even if it is just another cat. :lol:
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I don't mind more cats. As horde my cat mounts are lacking. :P I was oh so looking forward to the nightsabers, specifically this one, and was bummed we never got them. I love the shado-pan tigers but not their fugly face armor... and the zulian panther is great but a bit outdated.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I just want more moose colors. I don't have LW so no chance there, and my guild isn't exactly a pro raiding guild so no defiled moose. I didn't have the coin for the grove warden. I NEED A MOOSE THAT A PLEB LIKE ME CAN BUY! :cry:

P.S. I'm confused on how the white hawkstrider is new. Isn't that a drop from that dungeon on that island that has Sunwell Plateau? (I'm horrible with names, sorry!)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I haven't got the new mount images in, yet. Having trouble finding the purple stormcrow model.

In answer to the question about the white hawkstrider, the Sunwell white one is the elite model, with extra armour, the new white one uses the non-elite model. It's existed in the database for every bit as long as the other (i.e. since BC), but was one of two colours that was never implemented (the other being green).

Compare the new one: http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/ivoryhawkstrider.php
...with the Sunwell one: http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/swiftw ... trider.php
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Must...have that cat mount...gimme gimme blizz.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

All the patch 7.1 mounts should be on Warcraft Mounts now. Check down under "Upcoming Mounts (Patch 7.1)" on the main page. I'll try to get a separate "7.1" page together tomorrow.

Of note:
- the four falcosaur (feathered, beaked raptors) mounts have returned and are associated with new events in 7.1. They previously appeared in the database for Alpha but were removed again.
- the Rockspine Basilisk mount model is new, but the icon for it has existed since 7.0, it was just never used till now! There's actually only one colour in the model folder (green) but the skin format is the same as all the wild spiny basilisks so I modeled all the other colour variants and added them as unused looks. I'm rather fond of the orange one and the leystone one. The leystone and felslate ones would make pretty cool Mining profession mounts :) Maybe they could be rare drops from the basilisks that occasionally spawn while mining.
- the Ivory Hawkstrider is a BC mount variant. This one just never made it in. I believe they're using our unused mount appearances page to include a few old mounts :)
- the Smoldering Ember Wyrm is listed as dropping from Nightbane in the OLD Karazhan, not the new dungeon. This is surprising and makes me wonder if it's wrong.

- also, a bunch of PvP mounts have reappeared in the Mount database, namely a bunch of Courser and Gladiator's Storm Dragon colours. They were added in the beta and then stripped out again before release. I've set them as upcoming but declined to give them a patch number yet as I'm still scpetical - there's no other sign of them being used and it's possible they returned due to an error. Also, the extra storm drakes would mean five arena seasons in Legion, unless they plan something different for them.
Check under "Upcoming Mounts (later patches)" to see the other courser and storm dragon colours. I'm really fond of the lilac one.

- also, also, I still haven't modeled the new purple stormcrow mount. I can't for the life of me work out the names of the files associated with it :P There's no hurry as it's not actually listed as a new mount yet, there's just the model.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I just realized something. WoD was the only expansion without proper dragon mounts.

In BC, we had the Netherdrakes.
Wrath, the Proto-Drakes and regular drakes.
Cata, the Wind drakes, Rock drakes, and Alexstrasza drakes.
MoP, the cloud serpents.

And now in Legion, we're back with the storm drakes.

No wonder WoD was received so poorly!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

http://warcraftmounts.com/legion71.php

The Warcraft Mounts Patch 7.1 page is now live. It shows what we know so far, but it also includes some speculation (PvP mounts that were removed during Beta have returned to the database, but these may or may not be errors).

Please let me know if anything is missing, thanks :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's suddenly not looking so good for the Rockspine Basilisk mount. As far as I can tell it was deleted from the database in the latest PTR build. So it could well be delayed till a later Legion patch.

In more interesting news, the recent build has a reference to an icon for a "fire cat mount", but the actual files for the icon (and any model it may refer to) are not yet in the database. Hopefully a fire cat mount is coming, though :)

Also, I added the purple / arcane version of the Stormcrow mount to the WCM database as an unused skin :
The model appeared in the 7.1 database but there's been no associated mount spell or data yet.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

i found 2 quest mounts from those raptor WQ, get the food and kill the matritch and get the baby, lvl it to 25 and i think after a few dailys it becomes a mount? those new raptor ones
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ziroth wrote:i found 2 quest mounts from those raptor WQ, get the food and kill the matritch and get the baby, lvl it to 25 and i think after a few dailys it becomes a mount? those new raptor ones
Yep, once you have the baby falcosaur there are 14 quests to complete and then you can get the mount (the quests are once per day, but if you have multiple level 110 characters you can do one on each to speed it up).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yup! Though there are currently two falcosaur mounts you can't obtain (the dark red-black one and the orange one). You can get the minpet versions and do most of their quest chains in preparation, but the third last quest in each chain requires you to kill a boss in The Nighthold, which won't be out till January :(
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Mounts
Flying Mounts

Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent - Flying Mount. Spell #127165. "Warmth and wisdom emanate from this great creature, which glows like moonlight passing through the finest jade." Vendor: Mistweaver Xia Zone: Timeless Isle ; Cost: 5,000

AHHHHHHH, my dream has come true!

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

The falcosaur quests require questing, dungeons, pet battles, and raids, as WELL as some PvP.
Talk about a way to turn me off.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

They don't really require pvp... you need to do pvp world quests, but the towers are fine for that. LFR is also fine for the raid quests.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

The Heavenly Jade cloudie, judging from the timing and price tag, is probably the MoP Timewalk reward. My best guess.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah it is. The vendor is just located on timeless isle. I can't wait, I've wanted it since I first saw it, but ofc was the one color never added.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |