Falcosaurs and Ivory Hawkstrider confirmed!

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Falcosaurs and Ivory Hawkstrider confirmed!

Unread post by Wain »

So our suspicions are now confirmed that four falcosaur mounts come from the end of the falcosaur companion pet quest chains. Some people already have them early as they've been able to do more than one of the quests per pet per day with 110 alts. Oddly I never got offered a second quest a day on my alt :p

The Ivory Hawkstrider is kinda linked. To unlock Talon's Vengeance rep you need to earn a falcosaur mount and then go see Aviana in Highmountain. She should have a new dialogue. According to posts on the main forum you earn rep by PvPing in the Broken Isles while having or using an Ivory Talon. I'm unclear on that. Killing players earns you rep coins. It's a little like the Ashhide Mushan grind on the Timeless Isle but you're earning rep not currency.

Sorry for lack of sources/links but I'm on my phone, far from home right now.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Falcosaurs and Ivory Hawkstrider confirmed!

Unread post by Wain »

Personally I'm very happy they're finally adding really old and forgotten mounts.

But I can't help feeling that the method of earning this one very old and not especially unique mount is perhaps more than a little excessive.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Do you know how many quests it takes to raise the hatchling to adulthood? Also does the companion pet disappear when you get the mount?

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'm okay with this. PVP already has some of the best mount models in the game (GODDAMN UNICORNS I CAN'T ARGHGHG) so hey, give 'em a less whizzy one once in a while. Fair's fair.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There's about 13 quests and they vary a lot in style and difficulty. First step is leveling the pet to 25. Then there's visiting an inn at a particular capital city, followed by battling three wild pets with your hatchling, followed by 5 world quests with your hatchling out, etc. A full overview is given on Quintessence's blog:
http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com.au/ ... w.html?m=1

It's highly unlikely the pet would disappear when you get the mount. The quest is called <x> Reunion so maybe the mount isn't supposed to be the pet growing up.