Upcoming mounts - Patches 7.1.5 and 7.2

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Upcoming mounts - Patches 7.1.5 and 7.2

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I wonder though if you'll have to get all of the class mounts separately, or if getting pathfinder + exalted with the new faction on one toon unlocks it for all of your alts. Because otherwise, getting them for all of my alts doesn't exactly sound fun.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

As basic as they are, the paladin and warlock mounts can fly though, which is nice, but I would have liked to see them in action to see how (do they sprout wings or do they just run in the sky?). I do love the hunter one though!
ImageImage
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'm okay with the paladin mount (although it'd be weird for some of the races, aka Draenei/Tauren who will look absurd on their tiny ponies), and I don't think the lock mount looks THAT much like the old one. Same feel, but it has armor on it and the six eyes and all that. Yeah, you can say that Warlock/Paladin 'had two already' but aside from the Tauren class mounts which are genuinely new models, the old class mounts are, well, pretty darn sad compared to the ones for the classes that didn't have them already. Low poly, low rez... I don't really know anyone that uses them anymore except for the one from AT (which is still low poly but at least has a nice skin on it).

Also, I honestly LOVE the shaman mount. And it will be hella nice to have another frisbee mount without the awful cloud under it. I liked the OLD cloud with the little swirlies like monk flight but ever since they made it an opaque chunk cloud, I've hated it. Which is sad. It used to be one of my favorites.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Okay...interesting look for the hunter's mount. Bet you a mana crystal it'll use the wyvern flight animation since it has those lovely wings on its front legs.

As for the rest of the mounts, I'm just hoping my tauren looks decent on the new paladin mount.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Blizzcon 2016

Unread post by pop »

Lupen202 wrote:I don't know how I feel about the hunter mount. It's definitely nice, though I'm confused what it is... and how it fits hunter."
I'm hoping it has something to do with Highmountain lore. and again, I cannot stress how much my Tauren want that mount as her pet.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I want to see it in person, but thus far happy with the hunter mount! :D (I *would* be; it's a flying wolf-bear! This is right up my alley.)

I rather like the surfing animation mounts, but I can totally understand not being into the concept.

The pally one is really lackluster and I can't say I'm thrilled about the warrior wyvern, but that's me. Digging most of the others. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

The hunter one looks like they took inspiration from the Worgen racial concept art mount.

And the Paladin and Warlock ones are MEANT to be "updated" mounts of their base ones.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Arwyn wrote:Okay...interesting look for the hunter's mount. Bet you a mana crystal it'll use the wyvern flight animation since it has those lovely wings on its front legs.

As for the rest of the mounts, I'm just hoping my tauren looks decent on the new paladin mount.
Can see it in motion here, and it is the wyvern skeleton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIES9_B_39w

It definitely has some gorgeous wings. I think it's growing on me... though priest, DK and rogue are still my favorites, with warrior following close behind. And as "boring" as the pally mount may be, I would love an updated horse for both factions & all classes, since horde is so very lacking when it comes to living steeds. :P

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, I merged in a number of mount-related posts from the main thread, so my OP is no longer the OP. Hopefully it all still makes sense.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Eeesh, wow, looking at some of those made me shake my head in disbelief. So the Druid one, its head is like that when it flies? I thought that was its "in the air but not moving" pose, not it's flying one. Hurts my neck just thinking about it.
Maily cuz this is how short necked birds fly.
And this is what I guess they were using as a model? Pelicanowls, yay! :lol: :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah I think it's more an owl-headed gryphon, rather than an actual owl.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Wain wrote:Yeah I think it's more an owl-headed gryphon, rather than an actual owl.
I'm talking about the Druid one, not the Priest mount, that one has it's own issues (weird chest armor). :| :mrgreen:

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah that's my issue with the druid one too. The model itself is quite nice, but it looks like it has a broken back. That's what has bugged me about the pandaren phoenixes as well, though they're not nearly as noticeable and bad.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rawr wrote:
Wain wrote:Yeah I think it's more an owl-headed gryphon, rather than an actual owl.
I'm talking about the Druid one, not the Priest mount, that one has it's own issues (weird chest armor). :| :mrgreen:
Oops, I misread. Sorry :)
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

News : for at least priests and mage (but I suppose for others too) the mount will change with the spec. Shadow owl /o/
https://m.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/5b9 ... _by_class/
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Inay wrote:News : for at least priests and mage (but I suppose for others too) the mount will change with the spec. Shadow owl /o/
https://m.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/5b9 ... _by_class/
OH MY GOD THEY GET BETTER?!?!

Oh Blizzard, you know just how to make me-

For real though, that's awesome!

I seriously love these mounts. I want them so bad. I think my favorites are hands down, Priest, Hunter, and Druid. Even with wonky skeletons, they're just awesome. I want them so bad. I'm just so so so SO happy we didn't get a surfing mount. I always hated the animation of those (some races look awesome with the surfing animation, many others do not). But the mage one is still cool, and it does make sense for them.

But that flying..... warbeast for Hunters. I just....

Is it too early to ask "CAN WE TAME ONE? PLEASE BLIZZ?"

Pretty please? XD

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Eeeeh, I had the wrong supposition. Now I'm sad.
https://mobile.twitter.com/WatcherDev/s ... 3459462145
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oooh, so maybe one of the other hunter mounts is an eagle? Maybe? I'm in favor of "all of the above" as an option, always. :D

Oh wait, no, I looked at the gallery and don't see anything else for us....? :/
Last edited by Kalliope on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

So the hunter mounts legs turn into wings??? Did I see that right? :?
The druid flight form is disturbing and I agree it looks like it has a broken neck.

I still don't have flying in Draenor and I'll probably never get it it Legion either at this rate. I find it horribly unfair in a sense so much work and grinding HAS to put in just to fly. I can't play everyday and cannot stand that Blizzard refuses to supply another option for people like me only to announce to get ready for part two of Legion pathfinding.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I dunno, I'd much rather have it be linked to play and then distributed across all my alts when I complete it, than being the GODAWFUL gold sink it was in Mists. 5k per toon was pretty damn heinous for me who has dozens of alts to think about. And it didn't help alts that were leveling either since you had to buy it at 90. I'm not in a rush to get everything done; I don't have forever and always to play but I'll -eventually- get through all of it, and then boom. Flight. Something to look forward to.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket