Sadness Is...

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Sadness Is...

Unread post by Varethyn »

110 runs through heroic DS. 3x Blazing Drake, 2x Experiment, 0x Lifebinder's Handmaiden.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Re: Sadness Is...

Unread post by Arthur »

This hurts my soul.... *lays down*

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

I hate when stuff like that happens ;/
Hopefully, you will get that pesky dragon soon and will never, ever have to go through Spine of Deathwing again!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Errrrk, you're stronger than I.

I still have a second Old Zg Raz Raptor in my bank I just can't let go of... it hurts too much.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I'm in the same boat. Roughly 130 dragon soul runs, and no handmaiden. I've gotten zero duplicates though surprisingly ... Only duplicate I've ever gotten was alysrazor when I still needed rag. But luckily my friend was there to take it... Even though he doesn't play anymore or care for mounts. ><

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Peridot wrote:This hurts my soul.... *lays down*
I'm sorry :hug: It broke a few of my guildies too. Congratulating me when the new little message popped up only to find out I already had it. Whoops.
Shelassa wrote:I hate when stuff like that happens ;/
Hopefully, you will get that pesky dragon soon and will never, ever have to go through Spine of Deathwing again!
Knowing my luck I'll get it, celebrate to not have to go back... then Raiding with Leashes V: Cataclysm comes along and Lifebinder's Whelpling will drop from Madness :'D I seriously feel bad for those who farmed Invincible for ages only for RwL IV to come out soon after.
Thank you :hug:
SpiritBinder wrote:Errrrk, you're stronger than I.

I still have a second Old Zg Raz Raptor in my bank I just can't let go of... it hurts too much.
Aaaactually I chickened out and he's now chilling in my bank along with a White Hawkstrider and a duplicate Grinning Reaver and Argi I somehow got. Awesome that you managed to get 2 old ZG raptors, I'd hold onto the spare dearly as well. Managed to get one of my own but missed out on the tiger :(
Lupen202 wrote:I'm in the same boat. Roughly 130 dragon soul runs, and no handmaiden. I've gotten zero duplicates though surprisingly ... Only duplicate I've ever gotten was alysrazor when I still needed rag. But luckily my friend was there to take it... Even though he doesn't play anymore or care for mounts. ><
Uff yeah it gets to you after a while. Interesting that you've not had any dupes yet and dear whatever matters I hope you don't get another Blazing on heroic. I was super, super upset when I saw reins only for it to be the wrong one. Twice. I feel you on the friend as well - Experiment dropped on my guild's first Ultrax kill and someone who doesn't play any more or care for mounts got it. Same with the first Handmaiden I saw, back when it was 100% drop rate. Never heard from the winners again.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Varethyn wrote: Aaaactually I chickened out and he's now chilling in my bank along with a White Hawkstrider and a duplicate Grinning Reaver and Argi I somehow got. Awesome that you managed to get 2 old ZG raptors, I'd hold onto the spare dearly as well. Managed to get one of my own but missed out on the tiger :(.

Laugh! I missed out on the tiger too. :hug:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

SpiritBinder wrote:Errrrk, you're stronger than I.

It hurts me even more: I ran ZG for over two years and the raptor never dropped. Ever. :( I did get the tiger, at least.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

This hurts my soul too...don't have the handmaiden yet either but I really want my own Glyph (experiment 12-B) :(

I have a headless horseman mount in my bank I can't delete too and a blizzard bear as well lol

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I still haven't been able to survive the stupid spine part. I've read and read and read on it, and nothing I do works. I fall off every time.
I want at least ONE of the damned mounts from that raid.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

You just can't stand on one side of his back for too long, so just strafe back and force. If you kill a tentacle though, then stand in the blood it leaves behind, it'll also grip you.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I got that part.
It's once I'm there I simply don't know what to do.
The instructions I keep reading don't make sense to me. I can't see the things I'm supposed to kill or where I'm supposed to drag what mobs.
It really doesn't help that I'm colourblind. Everything is tinged in colours I don't see.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

What I usually do is kill 3 of the initial 4 tentacles to spawn the amalgamations (big adds), then stand on a blood spot to force a roll to throw them off. You can also just straight up kill them but on heroic each amalg that dies reduces your max hp so don't do that if you find you take lots of damage/can't heal yourself (it is still possible for 110s to die here). Then kill the remaining tentacle to spawn the next big add (ignore the tentacle that spawns after unless you accidentally kill the amalg - one will always be up).

Kite it back and forth to avoid rolling while killing slime adds that spawn from the blood spots - they leave pools on the floor which the amalg absorbs when it runs over them. Once it's at 9 stacks it will explode when it dies, so kite it to the big plate and kill it. It has to be right up against the plate otherwise it will explode harmlessly and you'll need to do it again. This will make the plate loosen and you can kill the tendons that hold it in place. This reveals the next part. Repeat, kill all but one tentacle so you have available blood spots, force a roll to throw the amalgs off killing slime as you go, kill last tentacle, kite amalg over slime pools to 9 stacks, kill it next to the plate and kill the tendon. Repeat one more time.

Hope this helps :)