Blizz ya messed up our wolf hawk!

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Blizz ya messed up our wolf hawk!

Unread post by Qinni »

The right wing, on the feathers is messed up and warped. Can someone that has a twitter post this to they can see it and fix it? This was easily my favorite mount....
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_061417_143956.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061417_143956.jpg (383.42 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
WoWScrnShot_061417_143958.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061417_143958.jpg (384.75 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
WoWScrnShot_061417_144003.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061417_144003.jpg (297.88 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Blizz ya messed up our wolf hawk!

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh what the heck, I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out. I'll tweet Muffinus about it!

Edit- I also tweeted him about the messed up back paws. Hopefully we'll see a response!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Nessixo
Realm: Stormrage EU

Unread post by Nessixo »

Still not fixed :(
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

The teeth are messed up too. Something in patch 7.2.5 broke them. My screenshots pre patch show my mount was fine before. I know a few people have tweeted about the mount (and the tamed wolfhawk idle animation bug). Nothing is fixed yet. Hope it's fixed soon, because it was my favorite too.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Nessixo wrote:Still not fixed :(
We were told in the past model updates sadly require an actual patch.

So unless we get a 7.2.5.10 or something, we'll have to wait til 7.3.

But I'd like to get some confirmation they know the bug exists either way.

And for those who can't see it, a clearer pic: (look at the shoulderpads on the mount. The right wing is for some reason twisted 90 degrees, creating massive wing distortion)

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

There goes ever using my wolfhawk.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Huh. Well, I haven't finished getting mine yet. I might not bother now, at least for a long while. It's not like the feathermanes have lived up to my own personal hype anyway, so that's not reason enough.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20757396444

Here's the bug report topic for it (and the feathermane idles)! Maybe we can get them both fixed for 7.3
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

I feel like I'm probably annoying them with my repeated tweets about the broken teeth and wing lol

But hope gotta have hope!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I just recently got my Wolfhawk and am not really seeing these problems many are saying exist I do notice when it is flying the mouth moves like chewing gum as for the wing I see the armor on one leg is different than the armor on the other leg so am not seeing the broken wing.

Not saying they are not there if many are seeing them just I happen to be not one of them.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I finally went ahead and got my wolfhawk today. I was sort of holding off hoping they'd fix them, but decided to just be done with it because who am I kidding? Blizz won't fix it. Not any time "soon" So, this thing is breaking my heart. It's such a lovely, engaging beast. I love both the mount and pet. But that wing! *cries* I can't manage to overlook it. I'm baffled as to how Blizz let this slide considering its one of the much-hyped superawesomeepic class mounts.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Iowawolf wrote:I just recently got my Wolfhawk and am not really seeing these problems many are saying exist I do notice when it is flying the mouth moves like chewing gum as for the wing I see the armor on one leg is different than the armor on the other leg so am not seeing the broken wing.

Not saying they are not there if many are seeing them just I happen to be not one of them.

What's really strange is you're not alone. When the bug first happened, I saw it happening to other players (because they showed their screenshots) but when I looked at my mount, mine was totally fine. About 2 days later, I noticed my mounts suddenly had the problem and I saw it on every other Hunter I watched. But the other Hunter in my guild said that theirs looked totally fine at the exact same time. About a few days later, they began to see that their mount was doing it too now.

At first I thought "well, maybe I didn't notice it before", but with so many similar stories seeming to pop up, it seems like the bug doesn't affect everyone but eventually does? I'm not sure.

And I know you're not saying that they're not there, but I just wanted to add some more screenshots I took and edited.

This isn't my Hunter, which is why I edited out the name and stuff. But I put a circle around the problem with the teeth. This seems to only happen once it's in flight. It seems like the bottom fangs become 'anchored' to the top fangs and actually stretch and skew as it moves.

Same Hunter as above. Put a red circle around the chunk of the wing that is stuck permanently in a 'downward' motion instead of matching the other wing.

This one's my Hunter, and its a bit bigger picture. But it's just a top-view of the same bugged out chunk of wing. You can see where the wing and armor of the leg just seems to be permanently stuck in a downward motion/position.

So it's super weird, but you're definitely not alone. My guildie and I both started off as unaffected by the glitched mount issue and then became glitched at a different time. It makes me wonder if it only does it after the mount uses a certain animation and somehow the wing gets 'stuck' like that (like if it gets hit while you're riding or something). But it's super weird. It's also weird that the Wolfhawk Hunter pets seem unaffected by this from what I've seen. Both my wolfhawk and my guildie's pets don't share any of the problems the mount seems to suffer.
Attachments
teeth_problem.jpg
teeth_problem.jpg (194.71 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
wing_problem.jpg
wing_problem.jpg (292.34 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
wing_problem_big.jpg
wing_problem_big.jpg (494.98 KiB) Viewed 4050 times

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Mine just got glitched after seeing the pictures I mounted mine and now the jaw does seem stuck and the wing is missing feathers and looks sad sigh hope they fix this bug soon in the mean time I hardly look at its face when flying always looking at where I am going and never really look down at it so still favorite mount.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

The pets appear to share the problem to a degree. That puzzles me. When standing, the leg feathers on the right legs twist out awkwardly on both mount and pet. But, the pet's wings are normal in flight.

Attachments
wolfhawkcomp-vert.jpg
wolfhawkcomp-vert.jpg (688.3 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
wolfhawkmountflyingback-vert.jpg
wolfhawkmountflyingback-vert.jpg (797.49 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
wolfhawkmountflyingfront2-vert.jpg
wolfhawkmountflyingfront2-vert.jpg (871.76 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Teigan wrote:The pets appear to share the problem to a degree. That puzzles me. When standing, the leg feathers on the right legs twist out awkwardly on both mount and pet. But, the pet's wings are normal in flight.
You're correct, I misspoke, sorry! :)

The pets do have that awkward wing going on on the ground. Only reason I didn't mention that in regards to the mount either is because I don't recall 100% (nor have screenshots) if the wing was always like that on the ground animation or not. I felt like it wasn't, but I wasn't positive. But you definitely confirmed my suspicions.

And of course, the wolfhawks as pets have the awkward habit of constantly using their 'idle animation' of head-turning non-stop.

This mount is still my favorite, but I am determined to see that our mount is fixed properly. XD I know that sounds way more dramatic then necessary, but given that it's really well-done otherwise, and getting a class-mount is kind of a pinnacle of many Hunters' hopes. It's kind of leaving a bitter taste in my mouth that our mount was perfect for 2 weeks and then suddenly glitched up :(

I'm gonna try tweeting the devs this thread too. It certainly can't hurt.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Another Q & A, another time for me to tweet this issue. I'm not giving up xD

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Has anyone checked them on 7.3 recently?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote:Has anyone checked them on 7.3 recently?
Just checked, as of the newest build they are still broken :(