Blood Elf Paladin mounts?

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Blood Elf Paladin mounts?

Unread post by Castile »

So I was thinking of this last night - I play two paladins a human and a blood elf. In light of the Dwarves getting a proper racial paladin mount and other races slowly getting theirs (Ram for dark iron too, elekk for draenei, kodo for tauren etc) do you think the blood elves will ever get one too? A hawkstrider would be the obvious choice but I find it weird since they arrived the same xpac as draenei they seemed to have been missed. Thoughts? Other blood elves want one or just happy with the ponies?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Blood Elf Paladin mounts?

Unread post by Bowno »

I could have sworn BE Pallies got their special mount as soon as BE's were released. They get a red armor glow pony.

Siggy under construction!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Bowno wrote:I could have sworn BE Pallies got their special mount as soon as BE's were released. They get a red armor glow pony.
it's a recolour of the human one. Not really special imo but it's cooler looking then the human one.

Maybe like a lynx or a armored hawkstrider could be neat.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

cowmuflage wrote: Maybe like a lynx or a armored hawkstrider could be neat.
I would make a blood elf paladin just for a Lynx of Light
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:
Maybe like a lynx or a armored hawkstrider could be neat.
Lynx!!! Didn't even consider that :o that would be amazing

Shadowlands

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

I have a Blood Elf Paladin just sat there gathering dust at the moment, but if they created a LYNX paladin mount I would boost that dude in a heartbeat!

I'm just imagining a gorgeous Eversong lynx with glowing yellow eyes... NEED.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It would be possible for them to make the blood elf Charger available to ALL Horde paladins, and then give BE pallies a new special of their own.

The two Charger mounts on Alliance are already available to all Alliance pallies, not just humans and dwarves, so for symmetry the BE Chargers should probably be the same (or the Alliance Chargers made exclusive to humans). If they decide to open them up to all faction pallies, they could then look at unique new mounts for BEs and humans.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Probably unpopular opinions: Hawkstriders are terrible. Dragonhawks are't much less terrible. In WC3, dragonhawks were a lot different looking, and kind of cool. the BC version of them feels like a big miss, and hawkstriders seem like a "let's make dragonhawks, but on the ground" idea. Instead of being elegant and magical, it's like you're in Swiss Family Robinson, trying to stay on the ostrich.

In LK, Quel'dorei Steed (unicorn) was introduced for alliance. That should have been the ground mount for blood elves. Now we have "saber"corns and if Blood Elves pallies get their own mount, it should be one of those (With new armor/tacking, those skulls could be a no-no for a paladin).

I'd maybe come up with something specific for humans, as Wain suggested, but blizzard isn't really trying with mount model parity so far for BfA.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I actually like hawkstriders, but you're right, they don't really feel like a paladin mount. Maybe the Argent Tournament designers felt the same way when they decided to use the Quel'dorei steed.

It's a real shame they didn't add a horn option to the updated horse model or we could have an upgraded Quel'dorei steed (and zhevras!) already. They added just about every other possible geoset config to the model - we can switch out their manes and hooves and turn them into donkeys or zebras, but not horns. :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

I actually think the first pvp mount (old prestige 4) bronze unicorn kinda looks like a blood elf pally mount already :) But yeah I don't mind the hawkstriders - the void elf one is pretty amazing but wouldn't really fit a plate covered paladin either.

Shadowlands