faction change mount info

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

faction change mount info

Unread post by Dulanie »

As I am sure everyone knows Wintersaber trainers is the most tedious rep grind in game. I found out a bit of info and Horde that are considering a faction change should know. The venomhide Ravasaur which you get from a quest in Ungoru crater changes to the frostsaber wintersaber when a faction change is done.
We don't die. We multiply.
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: faction change mount info

Unread post by Gumballs »

Yes, when you faction change your mounts all switch over to the appropriate mounts that are equivalent to the other factions. For example with racial mounts:

Darnassus Sabres - Forsaken Warhorses
Exodar Elekks - Silvermoon Hawkstriders
Ironforge Rams - Darkspear Raptors
Gnommeregen Mechanostriders - Thunder Bluff Kodos
Stormwind Horses - Orgrimmar Wolves

Everything else switches over to the opposite factions equivalent (such as Frostwolf Howler switching with the Stormpike Ram).

There is a (kinda) full list here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/fac ... /index.xml

I definitely recomend if you are going from Horde to Alliance you spend the 20 days (5 minutes a day so it isn't much) to get your Venomhide so you can own that gorgeous tiger!

Another neat tidbit is that the Woolly Mammoth, like other mammoths, has two different versions: one Horde, once Alliance. When you faction change, your Woolly Mammoth stays the same, AND you can buy another one to match your current faction! This bug has been in since they added faction changing, and it doesn't look like there is any move to fix it. So I'd also suggest getting both of these to up your collection. :D
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!