ohmygod. Aeonaxx!

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

ohmygod. Aeonaxx!

Unread post by Comett »

So a couple of days ago I decided that perhaps some of the "fuss" over all the shiny new things has died down and it might be worth a go camping Aeonaxx. I did my research and decided on sitting at the Stonecore entrance spawn area, but I'd do occasional flybys. I also knew the sort of camp I was in for so I decided to camp very casually - I'd still sleep, eat, shower and do guild stuff and dungeons, but in my spare time I'd sit in Deepholm.

I spent a good amount of yesterday lurking around but had to go out for the majority of the day so felt it was probable I'd missed a bat spawn and would have no timer. It was Friday night by the time I got on (what, worst camping time ever?) so again, not much hope. Did a few random heroics and then my bf went and did one without me, and I was a little peeved at that (even though it wasn't his fault anyway lol), but ended up making my bed and having a shower to calm down and was fine by the end of it. I pop back on and stare at Stonecore entrance. Really boring. So I do a lap of the temple-

DUN DUN DU DUN DUN DU DUNNNNNNN

"OH MY GOD"

I raced towards it, my 280% speed flier felt like it was going through treacle. I'm in a very high pop server and was a little way away from Aeonaxx so was sure I'd miss it... I spam click the little mount arrow and it worked and I was on his back! I was quivering. I honestly could not believe my luck. This sort of thing never happens to me. I've camped for pets before and its taken months, I gave up on TLPD, but in the past week I've, by completely random chance, managed to get the rare grey camel (from figurine drop), the sea turtle mount, and now Aeonaxx... who I wasn't expecting to see for months at least, yet alone to GET IT ON MY SECOND DAY OF CAMPING e___e

*so so lucky*

Word of warning: as a hunter, the whelps actually packed a bit of a punch. I was stupidly in BM but even with only two/three buttons to press lol his health dropped like a squishy clothy. Couldn't have taken more than a minute to down him - but I was down from about 115k to 30ish in the time it took to kill him. Scary stuff.

omgomgomg~

edit: The screenies I got and one of mount (resized cause they were huge to upload lol)

The other screenie didn't upload and it took me like 20 mins to load those two so I left it x-x It's just the corpse though.
Last edited by Comett on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: ohmygod. Aeonaxx!

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wow, congratulations!!! I'm dying to get Aeonaxx myself, but I have a feeling that sort of luck won't happen for me. xD

You should post some screenies. :D
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Whaaaat.
You lucky dog!
Congratulations!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

Thank you!!

I'll post some screenies, I was shaking so much I only got one of the flight and one of the corpse. I'll upload them in a bit :D

penneygirl
Realm: Khaz Modan

Unread post by penneygirl »

So jealous! I have yet to see him alive or dead and just a few mins ago, I came across my first camel figurine, sadly a dud :(
I was shaking, so excited, today has been a very rough day lol, a new mount would just turn it all around right before bed time.

Congrats on your new purple dragon! He's so purdy :D
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

Haha, thank you. Yeah it's still sort of surreal... he's by far my favourite flying mount now (though I still love my fishdrake).