Going for 100! (Mountain o Mounts) (Edit *WINNING... DUH!)

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Going for 100! (Mountain o Mounts) (Edit *WINNING... DUH!)

Unread post by Royi »

*EDIT*

101 Mounts and Counting~ I think i'm done :). Updated my collection on the warcraftmounts website (which is super user friendly)

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collection.php?id=38876

Please wish me luck, and if theres anyone else out there with good suggestions I'm ready to hear them. The only thing I'm against mainly is soloing a dungeon for a 1% chance at a mount, those make the game not fun... I do believe it may come down to that for maybe 1 or 2 of them, but I hope not.

0 Mounts to go:

Skeletal Raptor (I got the mini pet, no mount yet though :( )
Cenarion Hippogryph (revered with CE, just need to grind it for a couple days)Spectral Wolf (around 140 marks already, just need 165)
Red Proto Drake (if the Dehydration boss will ever spawn in VH)
Camel 1 (Ramkahen Rep ~ over 3/4 through revered)
Camel 2 (Ramkahen Rep ~ over 3/4 through revered)

Red Bug in AQ40 (that seems like a fun one to grind for)

1 PVP mount (just 2,000 Honor)
X-53 Touring Rocket (eventually getting it when my RAF buys a gamecard)

= 100

Other options:

Black Drake (going to try and PUG or get Guild to run OS10, heres to hoping for good luck)
White Polar Bear (150+ dailies and counting...)
Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank (depends if I get lucky with Tol'Vir digsites)
Mysterious Camel Figurine for the Camel Boss (found 2 so far but both were dust :( )
Black War Bear (They need to nerf city guards to make this doable again :( )

I'm a winner now ! All that tiger's blood has really created this burst of narly awesomeness which has caused more and more winning. Winning! DUH!
Last edited by Royi on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:48 am, edited 11 times in total.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: Going for 100! (Mountain o Mounts)

Unread post by Shade »

Good luck! That's been my goal for awhile now. I'm at 85 or 87 mounts I think now? Getting that last 13-15 is a real pain in the rear, but I think it will be worth it in the end.
Gilnean
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by Gilnean »

Good luck on it, hope you get it soon.
On my hunter i'm on 93 mounts now, also working on it.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Just got Skyguard done. i'm a bit dissapointed how the camera is positioned on the netherrays :( oh well thats another 5 at least :)
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

My suggestions:

1. Buy the armored blue wind rider for 2k (minus Kirin Tor faction discount). I would wait on the wooly mammoth (non passenger one), because that's a lot of JP to drop right now.
2. Talk guild/friends/whatever into 10man sarth zerg. Super easy at 85 and people are still doing it all the time on my server. Same with the 25 man drake (I didn't see it on either list), though that takes a larger number of people (but I bet at this point you wouldn't need a full 25, even to zerg... and to not zerg would probably be trivial as well.)
3. The fossilized raptor is pretty easy to get in archaeology... I had mine done before I hit 525, and I spent some time in outlands where there are no fossil drops. The bug mount all comes down to luck, and tol'vir luck is pretty shitty most of the time.
4. Tol Barad dailies... you should have enough for the wolf by the time you hit exalted, and will probably be close to the drake (assuming you don't want/need the trinket... I wanted the spirit one for my priest before the mounts). Grab whichever you want, and grab the next on in about 10 days (assuming you can do both islands at least once a day... your server may vary... otherwise it's about 20 days).
5. PVP casually when you can. I don't always like to grind honor, but I like to queue up casually when I'm just running circles or farming. They are relatively easy mounts to get, just takes some time.
6. If you have extra daily slots, do some tournament dailies for those mounts. Again, easy, just takes time, but I think it still averages to about 1 every 10 days if you do ALL the dailies (may or may not be an option for you to do them all).
7. If you have to dungeon run, I've found attumen runs to be the fastest at 85, though obviously you can only do them once a week. Baron runs are second, but having to clear to him is mind numbing after awhile. Sethekk runs are a close third because most trash and the first boss can be skipped. MGT runs are slow because of the need to kill every boss along the way, though all the trash can be skipped except the packs in the first boss's room and the pack(s?) between Delrissa and Kael. Additionally, an 85 hunter can easily solo AQ 40 trash for the red mount.

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

ummeiko wrote:My suggestions:

1. Buy the armored blue wind rider for 2k (minus Kirin Tor faction discount). I would wait on the wooly mammoth (non passenger one), because that's a lot of JP to drop right now.
2. Talk guild/friends/whatever into 10man sarth zerg. Super easy at 85 and people are still doing it all the time on my server. Same with the 25 man drake (I didn't see it on either list), though that takes a larger number of people (but I bet at this point you wouldn't need a full 25, even to zerg... and to not zerg would probably be trivial as well.)
3. The fossilized raptor is pretty easy to get in archaeology... I had mine done before I hit 525, and I spent some time in outlands where there are no fossil drops. The bug mount all comes down to luck, and tol'vir luck is pretty shitty most of the time.
4. Tol Barad dailies... you should have enough for the wolf by the time you hit exalted, and will probably be close to the drake (assuming you don't want/need the trinket... I wanted the spirit one for my priest before the mounts). Grab whichever you want, and grab the next on in about 10 days (assuming you can do both islands at least once a day... your server may vary... otherwise it's about 20 days).
5. PVP casually when you can. I don't always like to grind honor, but I like to queue up casually when I'm just running circles or farming. They are relatively easy mounts to get, just takes some time.
6. If you have extra daily slots, do some tournament dailies for those mounts. Again, easy, just takes time, but I think it still averages to about 1 every 10 days if you do ALL the dailies (may or may not be an option for you to do them all).
7. If you have to dungeon run, I've found attumen runs to be the fastest at 85, though obviously you can only do them once a week. Baron runs are second, but having to clear to him is mind numbing after awhile. Sethekk runs are a close third because most trash and the first boss can be skipped. MGT runs are slow because of the need to kill every boss along the way, though all the trash can be skipped except the packs in the first boss's room and the pack(s?) between Delrissa and Kael. Additionally, an 85 hunter can easily solo AQ 40 trash for the red mount.
Wow i'm going to sticky your comments there, they were really helpful :)
~Note though unfortunately I'm a Goblin and currently I cannot do anything in Argent Tourney anymore :( Luckily I bought the 5 400g +5 Seal mounts already and I got the Undead 100 seal mount too.

I'll update more as I go along, I never thought of Attunman, and since Baron is lvl 40ish now those will likely be the two :)
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

Ah, never thought about goblin tourney troubles... or rather, forgot about them. That may be a bit of a hitch, but I got to 100 without all of them (though I do have a few retired mounts).

I forgot that UP heroic is soloable... IMO faster to get to than MGT, but slower than Sethekk.
Also, depending on how your cash flow is, you may consider dropping the 8k for the grand ice mammoth. (if you get down to just needing a handful and don't quite want to pony up for the traveler's or a vial of the sands or a tcg mount)
With valentine's coming up, I'm wondering if the rocket mount drop will be increased like the HH mount was.

Probably not a priority route to take, but Onyxia may be duoable with a healer friend... haven't honestly tried. Given that phase 1 is soloable as a hunter, it's possible.
And lastly, there's always the route of occasionally jumping into a VP or Stonecore, and since the mounts drop on normal it's a little less aggravating, but obviously not a fast track to 100 mounts, and not something you may wish to grind, as opposed to casually join instance... depends on your luck I guess and how fast you want 100 mounts.

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collection.php?id=37119 There's my list, almost all from wrath or earlier. I haven't really gone into full swing mount collecting mode for the new cata stuff... been too busy with other things. I also didn't put any of the tcg or super rare raid mounts on my wishlist (despite the fact that I would give my left arm for Alar), except the blazing hippogryph, because it gets sold on our AH from time to time and I really... really... like it. :D

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'd recommend getting all 4 AQ40 mounts I have like 110 mounts so you can take my word that those help. The Pvp ones helped me lots allso. I got over 100 before cata so yeah should be easyer now :S

Allso my 100th was the yellow AQ40 mount XD
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Yeah I got sidetracked on getting the Salty Title ~ One darn Gold Dalaran Coin left and give or take 50 fishing skill points away :)

I got myself outfitted with the Bloodied Dragonscale gear (crafted PVP lvl 85 stuff) to at least moderately hold up in PVP, which I'll start focusing on shortly after for those 6 mounts (5 race ones and the AV wolf). Probably focus in on that and the Tol Barad dailies to start saving up for those 2 mounts too (one drake and the spectral wolf).

Working slowly on Ramkahen (i'm not too found of the dungeons right now, they bore me) and eventually I'll have to farm that Red AQ bug I think too.

~One thing that sucks is that I guess For the Horde / For the Alliance is super hard right now, with all the guards taking you out. You can't even get into the cities without getting killed quickly by the guards (just experiences for the Lunar Festival elders). I wish the guards would get a nerf as well.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

It's not so much that the guards need to be nerfed; it's more that people need higher ilevel gear in order to counter the guards. ^_^

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Kalliope wrote:It's not so much that the guards need to be nerfed; it's more that people need higher ilevel gear in order to counter the guards. ^_^
i really need to just quit wow for another 6 months to come back to EZmode then :)

Maybe more mounts will be available then as well.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

You forgot other faction rep mounts in your list, Ummeiko.

The Cenerian War Hippogriff requires a exalted rep with the Cenerian expedition, costs about 1600 G, and isn't all that hard to get. If you have a herbalist, herb in Zangamarsh for Unidentified Plant Parts, or buy them off the auction -- they're usually pretty cheap now. Handing in about 60 of those should get you to honoured. After that, do the quests in Zangamarsh, Hellfire, Terrokar, Blade's Edge and Borean Tundra for the CE, and run the Coilfang Resevoir dungeons. Quests should get you at least halfway up Revered. After that, a run through each of the heroics (don't forget to buy the key), then a few times thorugh the Steamvaults on regular should get you to exalted. You should be able to do all these in only a few days, and the hippogriff is yours!

Getting other dungeon rep mounts are easy -- just run dungoens wearing the respective faction talbards, and while running dungeons, you should get the required gold needed to buy the mounts. Wyrmrest Accord, Tol'vir and any race faction you're not exalted with already can easily be grinded while doing your level-specific daily dungeons, and lower level dungeons, even all the way down to Ragefire Chasm, will still reward some rep at lvl 85. Remember to wear your talbards while grinding UP and Strat and you might kill two birds with one stone!

Also, don't forget your Oracles egg, and doing the Polar Bear daily quest in the Stormpeaks. It might take some time, but eventually the RNG will smile upon you. Hey, in the Stormpeaks you might luck out and run into the Time Lost Protodrake at the same time!

Good luck with your Skyguard grind, and I'd definately recommend doing the Netherwing dailies as well. Shadowmoon Valley usually isn't too crowded these days, so you might be able to get to exalted in little more than a week, with generous dragon egg hand-ins. Also, instead of one or two mounts, you'll get up to 5 with the Skyguards, 6 with Netherwing -- and they're really cool mounts as well. BC content really is the mount collector's best friend!

If you have a cooperative group of friends, I'd recommend trying for the Northrend heroic dungeon and Ulduar/Icecrown raid achieves. Some of the achievements you simply wouldn't have got in PuGs (i.e. pretty much every one in the Occulus). Plus, everyone in the group will get their protodrakes and frostwyrms after you finish.

Happy hunting Royi!

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

KeemZ
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Winterhoof

Unread post by KeemZ »

Damn, I still only got 4 mounts, LoL. How ya'll get so many, lvl up and get achievements? LoL
KeemZ Kill Krew!!1!
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

I'm at 91 or 92 I don't remember which. The stage I'm at now is soloing Attumen once a week, doing heroic Sethekk once a day, periodically doing dead side of Strat for Baron Aurius. I've got the drake from Tol Barad and since I got a chicken splitter, I'm using the Tol Barad marks I'm getting now for the steed instead of the bow. For me it's pretty much down to the raid mounts along with the holiday completion mount (just have Love Fool to get for that one) along with doing the Argent Tournament dailies for another 500 marks to get all of the 100 mark alliance mounts and I believe 150 for the argent steed. I'm not enough into mount chasing even this close to try fishing for the turtle in northrend pools, and overly frustrated with the mysterious egg.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Setanta wrote:I'm at 91 or 92 I don't remember which. The stage I'm at now is soloing Attumen once a week, doing heroic Sethekk once a day, periodically doing dead side of Strat for Baron Aurius. I've got the drake from Tol Barad and since I got a chicken splitter, I'm using the Tol Barad marks I'm getting now for the steed instead of the bow. For me it's pretty much down to the raid mounts along with the holiday completion mount (just have Love Fool to get for that one) along with doing the Argent Tournament dailies for another 500 marks to get all of the 100 mark alliance mounts and I believe 150 for the argent steed. I'm not enough into mount chasing even this close to try fishing for the turtle in northrend pools, and overly frustrated with the mysterious egg.
Aw sorry to hear about that, especially the Mysterious Egg. Believe it or not once they switched it to only 3 days, I actually got 3 Green Proto's in a row, then a Tickbird, then the Proto Drake Welp (which I finally used myself after selling probably 6 of them)

Looks like you have it down though, you'll get there. I'm somewhere around 0/125 on the White Polar Bear though on my hunter, then of course on my shaman who got the darn thing after maybe 5 quests (RNG is fun that way).

I like Argent Tourney (even though i cant do it since I'm a goblin :( ) and I like the Tol Barad and PVP mounts, because with bad luck or good luck it doesnt affect when you're getting the mounts as opposed to running the same darn thing over and over again for a 1% chance of dropping.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Royi wrote: I like Argent Tourney (even though i cant do it since I'm a goblin :( ) and I like the Tol Barad and PVP mounts, because with bad luck or good luck it doesnt affect when you're getting the mounts as opposed to running the same darn thing over and over again for a 1% chance of dropping.
Wait, wait, wait...you can't do Argent Tournament as a Goblin (or Worgen, I assume)? Why is that? Can't you even go for the other factions' mounts? If so, this is a heavy blow indeed!
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Mozag wrote:
Royi wrote: I like Argent Tourney (even though i cant do it since I'm a goblin :( ) and I like the Tol Barad and PVP mounts, because with bad luck or good luck it doesnt affect when you're getting the mounts as opposed to running the same darn thing over and over again for a 1% chance of dropping.
Wait, wait, wait...you can't do Argent Tournament as a Goblin (or Worgen, I assume)? Why is that? Can't you even go for the other factions' mounts? If so, this is a heavy blow indeed!
Yeah unfortunately I did the faction change to a Goblin (when you do that you wipe your argent tourney stuff all over again) and I was only able to go through Aspirant (because by default you have to Champion your race first, and since there isnt a Goblin vendor there, you're stuck :( )

I think perhaps if you were already a Crusader, say a Troll, and then Class xfer'd to a Goblin, you still might have those Crusader quests and Sunreaver Quests available too.

Moderately luckily, I managed to grab all the 400g +4 Seal mounts and 1 100 seal mount before xfering, so I at least have some mounts from there.
Ara
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU, Kilrogg-EU

Unread post by Ara »

I got over 100 mounts after lots of farming; grinding reps, running dungeons, pvp, argent tournament etc. And at this point I´m known in my guild as the crazy mount lady, because I collect mounts,got many and want them all. =P *__*

I´m not sure if it´s brought up, but another tip is if you got time (and money) you could try lvl up professions for profession mounts. Tailoring got 3 carpets, engineering got 2 roflcopters and 1 chopper, and alchemy got now the sandstone drake. Only that gives you a 7 mount boost. Unfortuanaly your wallet wont like it, urgh. x___x (yep I got them all, but I´m damn happy, especially for the drake <3 )
Just remember that when you drop a prof you wont be able to use some of the mounts (tailoring and engi roflcopters), but they will still count for the big 100.

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Also if you're really desperate (as I was back when I was a couple mounts short of the 100 mark), you could get the two Flying Machines from Engineering and 3 Flying Carpets from Tailoring.

You could also make a habit out of circling Uldum in search of those Mysterious Camel Figurines - If you're lucky, you'll have an easy Camel mount from it.

Here's my main's collection at the moment. Good luck!
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Golden wrote:Also if you're really desperate (as I was back when I was a couple mounts short of the 100 mark), you could get the two Flying Machines from Engineering and 3 Flying Carpets from Tailoring.

You could also make a habit out of circling Uldum in search of those Mysterious Camel Figurines - If you're lucky, you'll have an easy Camel mount from it.

Here's my main's collection at the moment. Good luck!
I've been trying for that darn camel too :) no luck so far yet, Golden did you have a good path to use to check on those guys?