Design-A-Battlepet!

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Design-A-Battlepet!

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ooo, I'd love faceless and Nerubian spider pets!
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Curses, curses! I was planning 90% of those pets for future additions! :lol:
All joking aside, excellent pet ideas! I really wish someone in charge of pet battles would take a peek at this thread...

And a note to everyone else: Please, leave me the Non-DS Cata/ Non-ToT Pandaria raid pets for future updates. This thread's popularity seems to come in waves, a whole host of new pets is all it takes for people to start posting again. ;)
Wild pets are always easy to create, and fun to fit in.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Slapperfish wrote:Oooooh, nice ones!

The Morchok pet should be named Lesschok, though. :P

Hahaha, I was just on Facebook and then logged on here. I saw your post and was all
"OMG Thats hilar! I so have to like that... wait, wheres the like button gone?.... oh yeah." :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Equeon wrote:All joking aside, excellent pet ideas! I really wish someone in charge of pet battles would take a peek at this thread...
We can always tweet @mumper (who seems to be in charge of pet battles), saying this is the sort of stuff people want to see as battle pets.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I'm glad you guys approve of my suggestions/post.

Funny thing is, I started and decided I was gonna make a png/transparent portrait for all of them. Then I made the first two and I was like "yeah no" because it took way too much time. I just decided to grab pictures of the actual mobs and resize them.. horribly.

They look bad but do the job.

That said, some names I wasn't sure about -- same for the descriptions, but I think it worked out pretty well. I changed the Morchok pet to Lesschok though. I didn't think of it myself, but it's genius. Great name! Thanks!

There's a few that I hope are going to happen badly. Among those, the Privat Xazev and Hologram pet. ( awesome, a mini Algalon, if I may say so myself )

I think it's best if the Faceless drops from Yogg-saron instead of the 'Organic Saronite'. I still really want a Lil'Cthun and Lil'Yogg though. Maybe from the Blizzard store.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I just realized there are no pigglet minipets to go with my boars :| :mrgreen:

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Rawr wrote:I just realized there are no pigglet minipets to go with my boars :| :mrgreen:
Well, we have mr. wiggles... but yeah shocking here is no pygmy boar O_O

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

What creatures can really add life to a zone, that seem to be nonexistent in many zones of WoW?
What's a class of animals that seem to be underrepresented in battle-pet form?

The answer (among others, which will come later!): Birds.

Presenting...

The Bird Update

Vanilla and BC Content

Hawkstrider Hatchling
Image and Image
Pet Type: Critter (For all of the pets in the Bird Update, their types are Flying unless otherwise specified.)

Description: "Hawkstriders have served as loyal mounts for the blood elves for centuries. Their hatchlings are cute, friendly, and very mischievous."

Cape Hawk

Description: "Cape hawks are flexible predators, able to prey on anything from mice, to lizards, to moths."

Osprey

Location: Wetlands (Can occasionally be found swooping down to the water)

Description: "The flooding of the Wetlands caused by the Cataclysm only made it easier for ospreys to fish for food."

Prairie Falcon

Description: "These birds are too ill-tempered to be easily domesticated by the Arathi trolls."

Owl Spirit

Description: "Sometimes, the spirits of wild creatures choose to stay in this world. No one knows why, but to many, seeing a spirit beast is considered extremely lucky."

Note: Very rare, spawns only at midday.

Pygmy Vulture

Description: "The albino coloration of pygmy vultures causes them to be easily spotted by larger creatures. Very few are left in the wild."

Sky Shadow Fledgling

Description: "Very few creatures are able to live in the Deadwind Pass. Unfortunately for travelers, the dreaded Sky Shadows are among those creatures."

Bonestripper Fledgling

Description: "The two heads are a result of demonic radiation. The more the merrier, right?"

Bonepicker Fledgling

Description: "The feathers of these buzzards are often used in tribal ogre rituals."

Bald Eagle

Description: "Some races consider this bird a symbol of freedom."
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Vanilla and BC Content (Continued)

Swampstrider Chick
Pet Type: Beast

Description: "Young swampstriders soon learn to stay out of the deep areas of the marsh... sometimes the hard way."

Plainstrider Chick

Description: "Though skittish, these birds can make loyal companions."

WotLK, Cataclysm, and MoP Content

Crystallized Owl

Description: "Are these living creatures, or carved and enchanted chunks of pure crystal? It's impossible to tell."

Ran'thalos

Description: "Considered sacred by druids."

Note: Extremely rare, spawns near Ban'thalos.

UPDATE: SUCCESS! You can now get your very own green owl spirit through Sentinel's Companion, a reward from a garrison inn quest.

Ivory Crane Chick

Description: "Many Pandaren have fond memories of sneaking out at night to listen to the sweet song of the ivory crane."

Note: Spawns only at night.

Shado-Pan Falcon

Location: Bought from Shado-Pan Quartermaster for 1500 gold. Requires Exalted Status.

Description: "Over the years, this particular falcon has developed a taste for mantid."

Note: Will occasionally perch on the player's shoulder! (Also, a good bit larger than the identical White Tickbird Hatchling)

Peacock
Pet Type: Critter

Description: "The monks of the Tian Monastery keep these beautiful birds as company."

UPDATE: SUCCESS! You can now get your very own peacock through Royal Peacock, a reward for catching every battle pet in Draenor.

Regal Peacock
Pet Type: Critter

Description: "To most, Regal Peacocks are considered myths or children's tales. Even those who believe in their existence have never seen one."

Note: Very rare spawn.

UPDATE: SUCCESS! You can now get your very own golden peacock through Golden Dawnfeather, a wild pet found in Spires of Arak.

Juvenile Thunderbird

Location: Wild pet inside the Throne of Thunder raid, just before Ji-Kun's platform.

Description: "Once you get over the noxious smell of carrion and sewer water, these creatures can make excellent pets!"

UPDATE: SUCCESS! You can now get your very own thunderbird hatchling through Teroclaw Hatchling, looted from bird nests in Talador.

Thunderbird
Image and Image

Location: Flying in and around the non-instanced Throne of Thunder, on the Isle of Thunder.

Description: "These voracious scavengers will eat anything they can get their claws on."

-------------------------------------------------------
Do you guys like these themed updates? I have two more in mind, a Bug Update and a Sea Life Update. What do you think? :mrgreen:
Last edited by Equeon on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vriiska
Realm: steamwheedle cartel US

Unread post by vriiska »

Spirit Cub.

Image'

Type: Magic/Undead.
Behavior: 1-2 cubs appear playing at the oddest hours of night. They are also very afraid of being picked up!
They will run away from players attempting to tag them and will even phase-shift. Perhaps an special item can be used to calm them.
Description:"Even the most restless spirits of Hyjal, come out to play!"

iOrbs
Type: Mechanical / Magic
Behavior: Floating aimlessy, playing soft low hums, or following a friendly earthen dwarf.
Description. "These strange devices were thought to have secrets, but instead seem to have a collection of Titan music."

Arachnathids
Type: Critter/Elemental
Location: Pit of Narjun, near Azjol-Nerub and Ahn'kahet. entrances.
Behavior: Scuttling across the icy floor, randomly burrowing when larger npcs go near it.
Description:"These creatures where all thought to be extinct since the Scourge invasion of the Spider Kingdoms."
Attachments
Ghostbear.png
Ghostbear.png (32.28 KiB) Viewed 4381 times
TitanOrb.png
TitanOrb.png (21.51 KiB) Viewed 4381 times
archnathid.png
archnathid.png (38.6 KiB) Viewed 4381 times
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

A Titan orb would be fun!
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

vriiska wrote:Arachnathids
Type: Critter/Elemental
Location: Pit of Narjun, near Azjol-Nerub and Ahn'kahet. entrances.
Behavior: Scuttling across the icy floor, randomly burrowing when larger npcs go near it.
Description:"These creatures where all thought to be extinct since the Scourge invasion of the Spider Kingdoms."
I think Arachnathids deserve more than just a mini-pet appearance.
vriiska
Realm: steamwheedle cartel US

Unread post by vriiska »

Zhinru wrote:I think Arachnathids deserve more than just a mini-pet appearance.
I totally agree! perhaps a full-fledge proto "sno" scorpid family?..but since wc3:Frozen Throne as their as their only appearance and not many knowing about them, this could be a way to re-introduce them back into the wild.
Solunerra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Solunerra »

Lil' Lei Shen, the Thunder Prince.

Comes from Blizzard store or maybe Blizzcon.
Attachments
Lei_Shen.jpg
Lei_Shen.jpg (366.33 KiB) Viewed 4377 times
Hatari
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Hatari »

I don't have a drawing, and there's no minipet or animal skin in the game that would suffice, but...

I'd like to have a dog. I know we have the Worg Pup, and we have the little Pug. But, what I'd like is something more akin to a Lab, or Pointer.

I've never actually tamed one of the Mastiffs--at least not yet, maybe when I have more stable space--and I think they're cool. But I also think it would be neat to have a dog mini pet.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

<Removed>
Last edited by Qraljar on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WhyNotCats909
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Unread post by WhyNotCats909 »

Squid

Type: Aquatic

location: Vashj'ir, inside the Abyssal Maw or whatever that giant whirlpool thing is.

Description: The first pet to be found in Vashj'ir, and it doesn't even have a good IQ or a sense of direction OR a swimming skill that can get it out of the Abyssal Maw. How sad...

How do I make the picture appear on the forums directly, instead of having an attachment?
Attachments
Squid.png
Squid.png (50.33 KiB) Viewed 4377 times
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Necro! I made some mockups I was going to put in a new thread, but this one fits perfectly. Plus people can see what's made it into the game in the past couple of years. Here's two I've come up with. I started with editing the skin on the pictsie, but noticed the model wouldn't quit fit it, so I just edited screenshots from modelviewer.

Bacchan Elemental
Pet Type: Elemental
Source: Holiday pet, Midsummer or Valentines day perhaps.
Description: "Thought to be the spirits of grapevines, Bacchun elementals are drawn to scenes of wine filled revelry."

Possible abilities: Entangling Roots, Inebriate, Ancient Blessing

(I'd noticed of the Pandaren Spirit minipets, only Earth used only one skin. It reminded me of Bacchus, so I tweaked the red skin to be more burgundy.

Pictsie
Pet Type: Humanoid
Source: Charity pet on store (I know it's not popular, more below)
Description: "The hooligans of the fae world, pictsies are known for their to slip between worlds to 'borrow' small items and large livestock."

Abilities:
Thud! - Basic humanoid attack
Night Watch - Sets weather to Darkness for 5 rounds, and buffs friendly team with "Night Watch", for 5 rounds, granting them immunity to Blindness.
Harvest Undead attack, 4 turn CD.
Attacks enemy for X damage. If Harvest would be a killing blow, this damage is not avoidable or survivable. (bypass mechanical, magical, undead family mechanics, and blocks, dodges, and "Survive").
"What can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man?"
HEX Mechanical or Magical clone of Frog kiss
Uses lightning beam graphic to attack, and MoP frog model when transformed.

This pet would be a tribute to Terry Pratchett. There's been easter eggs to his discworld books in warcraft over the years, and they're a notable influence on the genre, if "eclectic, anachronistic fantasy meets steampunk with a comedy angle" is a genre. Charity funds raised would go to Alzheimers care and research (His family's chosen charity, research charity he gave $1m to.)
If you haven't read any Discworld, the first two have a episodic short story format, but the rest have a regular novel structure.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Wow, you must be a powerful necromancer indeed! It was a surprise to see this thread again, since I had completely forgotten about it.

I really like your pet ideas, especially the pictsie. Unique and it contributes to a good cause, sign me up!
You've inspired me to go back and add updates to which pets you can actually get now. Here's hoping that at least some of the Ulduar pets will match up with Qraljar's suggestions!