Your favorite mini pet.

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Your favorite mini pet.

Unread post by Sarayana »

Dewclaw wrote:Is it possible to solo the phoenix pet?
Yes, it drops in regular too and that one's very easy to solo as a hunter with a tenacity pet. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

Definately my Wind Rider Cub, Tiberius. =) The plushie goes with me EVERYWHERE (even university exams, all my friends pat him before we go into the exam hall, haha!) And he's always at my side ingame. <3 It's great because I only have Alliance characters, so he gives me a lovely slice of the Horde. :mrgreen:

Other favourites of mine include my Azure/Dark Whelplings, my darling little Chilly, and my Leaping Hatchling (given to me by my boyfriend, very sentimental values ^^)

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

This is next to impossible for me as I collect as many pets as I can get my hands on. However, I think overall the pet that I have the most fondness for would have to be the Dark Whelpling.

Back in vanilla when there were only the 4 dragon minipets I knew I had to have one, and naturally the black was the one I wanted the most. I rarely saw them on the Auction House back then, and the few times I did their four-digit price was far beyond my reach.

So I decided to farm for it.

Took me about 3 years, but one day after countless attempts at massacring the dragons of Lethlor Ravine it dropped and I was just in shock. One of the best WoW memories I have, so that little whelp will always be pretty special to me. :) I believe that was also one of the catalysts that spurned my descent into collecting madness. x)
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Sarayana wrote:
Yes, it drops in regular too and that one's very easy to solo as a hunter with a tenacity pet. :)

Oooo, thanks for the info!
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Really depends on the character... but overall, I'd have to go with phoenix hatchling, heh. I just like how it looks and sounds.

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

It's a bit of a toss-up because of how many pets I have. I'll list my top five favorites (in no real order). =)
Willy- http://warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/invert ... /willy.asp
Tiny Sporebat- http://warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/invert ... orebat.asp
Pet Bombling- http://warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/mechan ... mbling.asp
Peddlefeet- http://warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/season ... lefeet.asp
Mechanical Squirrel- http://warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/mechan ... uirrel.asp

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

It's so hard to choose! >.<

But, I'll have to go with the Toxic Wasteling. It's so bubbly and oozy, and doesn't give you a debuff!

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Dewclaw wrote:
Sarayana wrote:

Oooo, thanks for the info!
No problem. You have to be careful on the 5-boss encounter (last on before Kael) because the different mobs don't have an aggro table. I'd read up on it and know in advance what the various possible bosses do, so that you'll be able to set yourself a kill order for the encounter.

But really, if you just take your time and pace yourself on pulls, you should be just perfectly fine. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Talonsan
Realm: Aegwynn (Alliance) Nesingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Talonsan »

Sir Barks-a-lot the Perky Pug
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

The only good pet is Frosty... maybe because I got him for my b-day :D
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Little XT of course!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

I lied in my other post... I completely forgot about the core hound pup. :oops:

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I love my soul trader, ahh the calming sounds of wind while I fish are nice :)
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

My sprite darter was the first mini pet I had to work for so it holds a special place in my heart. Lately I've been showing off the sewer rat from Dal tho. It's fun to run aorund with Loque or Gondria out and the pet rat. Future favorites? The oozling, the pheonix, the Bloodsail mcCaw if I ever get them lol

Oohh almost forgot about my Mountain Dew Battlebot. I'm still trying to find another eprson with one so they can battle. lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Moonlost wrote:Personal favourite? My Phoenix hatching. He's just so adorable, even if he does seem a little out of place next to my sleepy Frost Death Knight.

Coming in a very close second is my Red Whelpling on my Hunter. He was a gift from a friend of mine in-game who hated grinding up mini-pets. Was very sweet of him.

And my Mini-Diablo gets honourable mentions. Mostly because I never picked up the original collector's edition.
Back when The Pre-Wrath Patch hit, a lot of people were having problems with their mail diappearing. Blizz ended up sorting most of it out, but got a few things wrong. Including sending me a Kharanos Gift Voucher, which gives the quest to pick up one of the original Collector's Edition mini pets. You can imagine my surprise.
I actually felt guilt about it, after all I got this for free whilst people with the actual Collector's edition had to pay extra. So I contated a GM. I think they were amused I'd be guilty over a mini pet of all things. Said that it was they wo gave it to me, and they weren't going to take it away now that I had it.
The GMs sent the voucher to a few people, I was one of them, it was a way of saying thanks for not freaking out, and sorry for the trouble, imo. I used mine to get a Zergling! :D

As for my fav pets... I have a lot since I'm an avid collector... but the ones I have on auto summon with my addon are my Spectral Tiger Cub (he just looks adorable when I'm riding the mount or even the Celestial Steed :lol: ) and my Windrider Cub- they are so adorable that they make me squeal hehe. I have too many favorites beside those two, but they are my main's pets of choice :)
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

my hippogryph hatchling. <3

KynraWindrunner
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Windrunner/Uther

Unread post by KynraWindrunner »

The little white kitten ^^ I was so happy when I found Little Timmy. 60g was really worth it
Last edited by KynraWindrunner on Mon May 24, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Zodiac sign is: Rooster Image

People with this sign are said to have these characteristics:

Neat, organized, alert, perfectionist, scientific, responsible.

Can be critical, egotistical, rough, opinionated.
Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

I love all my mini pets! By my favourites are Kirin Tor Familiar, Sinister Squashling, Stinker, Spirit of Competition (which i unfortuantly never got on my main <sad face>), Teldrassil Sproutlng (which my nephew adores the dancing of)...Then there are pets I don't yet have like Lil' XT!, Pandaren Monk (Which i'll have to pay for again...), Scorchling and Phoenix Hatchling (I've ran the instance twice with my old guild (Norm and hc) and both times it dropped :O but we were all supposed to greed but it got ninja'd).

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Belaa

Unread post by Belaa »

Moonlost wrote:I actually felt guilt about it, after all I got this for free whilst people with the actual Collector's edition had to pay extra. So I contated a GM. I think they were amused I'd be guilty over a mini pet of all things. Said that it was they wo gave it to me, and they weren't going to take it away now that I had it.
I got the same thing Pre-Wrath. However the GM I contacted took it away from me. Guess it depends on who you get.
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Belaa wrote:
Moonlost wrote:I actually felt guilt about it, after all I got this for free whilst people with the actual Collector's edition had to pay extra. So I contated a GM. I think they were amused I'd be guilty over a mini pet of all things. Said that it was they wo gave it to me, and they weren't going to take it away now that I had it.
I got the same thing Pre-Wrath. However the GM I contacted took it away from me. Guess it depends on who you get.
Yeah I've noticed that a lot. Most of the GMs I've talked with were pretty nice. But I've known a few friends who seem to get the less-than-amused GMs. Sorry you didn't get to keep it. At least you know you'll be on the moral high ground if someone accidently sends you Martin Fury.