Jenafur - Discovered

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Jenafur - Discovered

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

If you somehow don't read Wowhead before coming here, Jenafur was finally discovered. You can get it done quickly by doing the first step of the puzzle, then head to Karazhan and find a group in custom that's got the lockout and puzzle completed.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=317965/jen ... ng-discord

It randomly turns into a shadow cat with tentacles, and whispers to you like Xalatath does.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Jenafur - Discovered

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

ohh, ty for posting!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I'm soooo glad she's been found and so very shocked it did end up being related to how they were laid out on the floor. That was too much spacial geometry for my poor brain. Lol.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

If you do it in the next few days you can probably "cheat." If you talk to the Night Elf and the Kibble Bowl, then you can join a Jenafur group in LFG that has her already solved in Karazhan, saving you the trouble of doing it. I doubt the groups will be posted much after this week, so I would go do that now if you wanna get the easy way to get her.

Fun fact about this: It was solved by someone who doesn't play WoW. His friend kept talking about it and he loves puzzles, so he decided to take a crack at it. His Spreadsheet showing how many things he tried is ridiculous.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I don't know how you'd get the the melody he used, without datamining (which we were told we didn't need to solve) or snooping on the RL Amara, which we were told not to do. Maybe just the placement of those five lootable meats is what we should have gone off of?
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Xota wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:26 pm I don't know how you'd get the the melody he used, without datamining (which we were told we didn't need to solve) or snooping on the RL Amara, which we were told not to do. Maybe just the placement of those five lootable meats is what we should have gone off of?
He explained how he did it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rjK ... WDYbQRHJFA
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Maizou wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:21 pm
Xota wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:26 pm I don't know how you'd get the the melody he used, without datamining (which we were told we didn't need to solve) or snooping on the RL Amara, which we were told not to do. Maybe just the placement of those five lootable meats is what we should have gone off of?
He explained how he did it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rjK ... WDYbQRHJFA
Yes, he used music that was gotten in one or both of the ways I described, the ways that we were told we wouldn't need or shouldn't do.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

PSA: Do not be maxed out on pets when you interact with Jenafur or you will NOT get her.
happened on my hunter, and I had to come back and do everything again on another toon (after caging some pets).
*Could not re-interact with her on my hunter even after caging extra pets*

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?