What is your Battle Pet lineup?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

What is your Battle Pet lineup?

Unread post by Bowno »

(Hopefully there isn't another thread like this ;P )

I'm curious though! What are people using for their team?
What do you think makes the best team?
Do you only use one type of pet?
Do you only use the ones you like regardless of stats?

Or are you a n00b like me and just have no clue what you're doing? xD

My team is Feral Vermling, Untamed Hatchling and Restless Shadeling. All blue. Only using the Shadeling because it seems pretty OP with its heals to me x3 No clue if it's a good team or not.

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: What is your Battle Pet lineup?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm only just reaching the level cap with my team, so I wouldn't call them my final team for tackling some of the harder challenges, but the trio I leveled up with first ended up being:

Damarion - I had to have my little dark whelpling on my team because he'll always be my favourite minipet. :) I named him after my black drake mount.

Goretooth - Likwise, I knew a croc would end up on my team (Chuck is the colouration I like best), and I named him after the rare in Nagrand that I'm particularly fond of. He turned out to be a badass battle pet though, he's quite the tank and can dish out some awesome damage.

Shroomy - I originally captured her when she was considered a Flying type, but sadly they changed these to Dragonkin. The original type was a better combo, but she still was a great asset to my team.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

While leveling I thought I had the perfect team set up, but once I got them all to 25 and started doing pet master tamer battles I quickly discovered that wasn't going to work (I don't do player v player battles so I can't answer on that).

My "original team" was Mechanopeep, Tranquil Mechanical Yeti and Darkmoon Zeppelin. The first two were my powerhouses and the third was survivability. The obvious weakness of course was since all three are mechanical, I was weak to elementals.

Nowadays the max level pets that I use most are probably: Flayer Youngling, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Fel Flame, Nordrassil Wisp, and Stunted Shardhorn.

I like pets that are visually appealing or interesting that also have a good skill set. I always think about both things before putting a pet into my list of favorites, which means I consider it battle worthy. Wild caught pets used for battle need to be rare quality as well, otherwise they won't make it on my list.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

My original team of 25s was Mulgore Hatchling, Baby Blizzard Bear, and Mechanical Gnome. I branched out considerably from there, but that was the original.

Nowadays, my 'core team' tends to be a water strider (I switch between the bunch), Crimson Whelpling (for sentimental reasons), and someone who needs XP (i.e. any non-level 25). I have also been experimenting with a variety of 'Devour-based' pets on my core team, since they can grind without end. Eat the opponent, heal back a big chunk, and you can go to the next easily.

Against the various bosses, I have favorites. I tend to focus on my strengths over their weaknesses, as way too often I was finding myself dying due to the enemy going after my team's weaknesses.

I have had a *total* of 3 PVP battles and lost every one of them. Therefore, I couldn't tell you what my PVP team is.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Azuli

Dragonite

Chew Toy

Taggerung

Azuli is usually my beat them up pet for leveling lowbies, atm raising a Terrible turnip up in the hopes of selling it. Then can raise another one up for myself.

Dragonite is just pure win, along with the self healing Chew Toy. Though I occasionally switch Azuli and Tag around since Azuli can steal health to regain its own, pretty awesome ability, he was my flyer until they changed his typage. Tag is great for getting those hits in while also becoming unkillable/hitable for a round, which can make the difference.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

I haven't actually made it to max level yet. I just recently started leveling mine up. I've changed quite a few times.
My current line up is:

Madeye

Scorpius Malfoy

Zara

I'm sure in a couple days it will be completely different. Right now I'm at lvl 17 on all 3.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I don't really have a single team. What I use depends on what I'm doing. Of course, what you're probably asking is what team we use for pvp? And I don't pvp.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

This was a hard one for me to consider, since I have a large team of 25s now that I completely rely on. But I figured I should pay tribute to my original team, since they carried me to the top in the first place!

Ursa Minor - Dun Morogh Cub

Of course Ursa Minor was my first minipet on my team. There was absolutely no way in the world he wouldn't've been. He's the mini version of my favorite pet ever. He would become my first to 25 and then my first to delevel and reach 25 a second time when I upgraded him with my first battle stone. This would all have happened no matter what....but as it turns out, Ursa Minor is a hell of a tank. He made so many wins possible simply due to the strength of his self-healing. I do have other beast damage-dealers on my roster, but no one's unseated Ursa Minor - nor will they. It's not simply sentiment that keeps his spot off-limits; he's just a little powerhouse of a bear. He can deal out massive damage, then heal himself up. If he gets KOed, he's still made a massive dent in the other team for us. While leveling, I knew deep in my heart that I wouldn't always be able to run with him - which did, of course, come to pass, due to needing to counter other teams. However, that he's gotten to stay in my permanent roster has been the most pleasant of surprises.

Blue - Tranquil Mechanical Yeti

I have always loved my yeti, ever since the original questline in Winterspring - which I made a point of doing on all my alts, just because. Blue also initially made my team out of sentiment, but beat out a number of other favorites due to practicality. I needed a mechanical pet and he was it. I keep talking about leveling a mech with a more diverse skillset, but it really isn't happening. I'm not sure that I would even use another mech even if I did. Blue carries too well. He was my first nuker, beating the competition into submission with massive crits. He was my first pet to get a hit over 1000. As much as I adored him as a minipet before, I am that much more attached now, since he's one of my right hands. On a hunter with far too many pets turned into minipets, it means a LOT that he made my original roster instead of one of them.

Kalypso - Strand Crab

This gal was a number of firsts for me. She was among my first captured rares and the first captured minipet to make it into my regular lineup. She was also the first of my former full-sized pets to turn into a minipet who made my team. I could not have beaten Bill Buckler without her; he was the trainer stopping me when she joined the team. (I was leveling my pets in that area when she stepped in.) It bears mentioning that he has two flying pets on his team - and Kalypso is aquatic. At 25, this would have been a terrible, terrible idea for a matchup, but at the time, her healing and damage reduction carried the team. It was quite amazing. Once she joined my team, I finally felt like I had a solid trio. I have more aquatic pet options at 25 now than any other family, but Kalypso is still my rock, my leader. Even higher damage aquatic pets can't unseat her - she's too good.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I am loving some of these names xP

Also, I never really thought of leveling up more than 3 pets. I suppose it would help for those battle situations where a trainer might have pets that would otherwise ruin all three of your active team. Just do a swap out before the battle starts and such.

Siggy under construction!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Bowno wrote:I am loving some of these names xP

Also, I never really thought of leveling up more than 3 pets. I suppose it would help for those battle situations where a trainer might have pets that would otherwise ruin all three of your active team. Just do a swap out before the battle starts and such.
Trust me: there are trainers later on where having *any* member of your team that isn't a good counter in one way or another? Will get you killed. Major Payne comes to mind; I had to try him over and over again, with a variety of teams, for around 2 *hours* before I found the one that could beat him. Likewise with the Pandarian spirits (well, the Earth Spirit; the others were more forgiving to me). You'll probably want to have more than one team of 25s!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

My pets aren't max level either, in their 18-19s.

Snarly is a good little dude. No real emotional connection, though, he's just the pet I picked first.

My Rabid Nut Varmint tears up everything. It's too bad it's so weak to poison...

Third slot is rotating with whatever I happen to catch. >.>

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Corpsebryde »

I've done all of the Master Pet Tamer quests with my Restless Shadeling, Spirit of Competition and Flayer Youngling. There were only 2 tamers in Northrend that I had to sub in my Summit Kid but other than that they're a pretty unbeatable team.

Avatar by Moonlost; Signature by Sookie
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

I mostly do pet battles with my forsaken priest so I have a bit of a undead/diseased theme going where possible (I want at least one pet of every family, not just undead ones). I do both PvP battles and pet tamers, though I'm pretty casual about it (meaning I'm a total noob XD).

My first level 25 pets were:

Dempsey (Undead) - yes, that Dempsey. My priest was pretty miffed when Godfrey simply killed him again after she worked so hard to put him back together. So she tried her hand at some necromancy. Too bad she isn't particularly good at it (that he had died twice already didn't help). She's had him with her ever since and now he can spend eternity battling critters for her amusement. Mwuahaha! Anyway, he's a pretty good battle pet and I used my first (and so far only) battle stone to upgrade him.

Ichabod (Elemental)

Experiment X (Magic)

The Sinister Squashling is pretty good but I'm not too impressed with the Toxic Wasteling. I plan on making Viscidus Globule my main magic pet once I get it. So far, I only have two more pets at level 25:

Bathsheda - Bone Spider (Beast). She's a great battle pet. Brittle Webbing and Leech Life are a great dmg-survival combo.
Bile - Huge Toad (Aquatic). He's ok. I'm not a fan of aquatic pets but I figured I should have one.

My other pets I'm still leveling are:
Xeno - Flayer Youngling (Humanoid)
Orlok - Fledgling Nether Ray (Flying)
Clotho - Infinite Whelpling (Dragonkin)
Doom - Personal World Destroyer (Mechanical)
Mucus - Shimmershell Snail (Critter)
Baldrick - Terrible Turnip (Elemental) This one is only for the Weakening Blow to make catching other pets easier.

I have the rare versions of all my wild pets. So I only need to upgrade Doom (and maybe Experiment X if a decide to keep it).

Lok'tar ogar!

Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

I've a bundle of pets, but my first team was initially:

Omazini, my Gun'drak raptor. She was given to me by a dear friend (and is the exact same colour as Vasken's main pet, Omacatl); I simply had to level her first! She's simply phenomenal at annihilating wild critters and power-levelling lowbie pets, but does fall short in trainer battles due to limited survivability. Still my ickle babbu, though!

Eicara, the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling- another pet given to me as a gift. Just yesterday, a randomer upgraded him to a rare for free fhjskfkskg. I was struggling to find a mechanical pet that I actually liked (before patch 5.1), then caught sight of this guy and... Truu' love! It's an extremely useful pet; its decoy's an incredible move that's turned the tide of battles too many times to count! The only downside is that it lacks a main mechanical attack.

Lanayru, the Celestial Dragon. I've no idea why I picked this pet, especially since I adore the majority of draconic pets. Even so, the heal, the huge DPS-... Would never have smooshed all the trainers without her! Then the glowy-sparkliness and-and-and...

My team's expanded to include Bukkit, the muckbreath and Saratoji, the pterrodax (I WISH THESE WERE TAMABLE) who both hit 25 last night!
ImageImage

Mini Groose (a rare Wanderer's Festival Hatchling), Mr. Bigglesworth, Rocket Chicken (on the AH for 3k gold!!!) and Bellamy the Wild Crimson Hatchling are to be levelled up next:

ImageImageImage

I just use the ones I adore, regardless of their statistics- though I do favour levelling rare quality pets over uncommon ones due to the difficulty of trainers. :D

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair