Question: searching pet family with specific family ability

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Question: searching pet family with specific family ability

Unread post by Quiv »

I did some searching through here and didn't see this answered, but if I overlooked, my bad!

OK what I am wanting is a search or filtering system that will let me filter all 304932904832 battle pets in game down to a certain family with certain family abilities.

For example, lets say I wanted to find a Dragonkin that has at least one humanoid ability. so the filter would be Pet family (Dragonkin) with at least one ability from family (Humanoid). Scourged Whelpling would show up, but Nexus Whelpling wouldnt (others may show up, I am not sure all the Dragonkin with Humanoid abilities).

I have utilized http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/#, and it is a wonderful and valuable resource, but unfortunately, family abilities isnt a filtering option. At this point, to do what I am wanting, I have to list all pets of a family and go one by one over each pet's 6 abilities. When you consider there are 29084390843298 battle pets, this gets old quick.

Just curious if anyone is aware of an online resource or addon that can do this. It is wonderful for strategy.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Question: searching pet family with specific family abi

Unread post by Makoes »

Wowhead actually has things filtered here: Pet abilities

Database>Battle Pets>Ability> <pick ability type here>
you can filter abilities by type, then when you find the ability you like, click it and it shows you which pets learn it :)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?