Pet Battles: How to power level your pet from 1 to 25!

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Pet Battles: How to power level your pet from 1 to 25!

Unread post by Lazurianis »

In this guide, I will teach you how to power level your battle pets from 1-25 in less than two hours. This method is completely new and it is MY personal method I use to power level my pets.

Requirements:

Level 1 Pet of your choice
Level 25 Harbringer of Flame (Rare)
Level 25 Effervescent Glowfly (Rare)

Why Harbringer and Glowfly? Because the Harbringer is one of the highest DPS pet and probably the easiest to obtain, and the Glowfly has amazing survivability and damage output.

I do NOT reccomend doing the following at level 1, but you can still try it.
Go out to Vale of Eternal Blossoms and start pet battling. (If you feel fighting level 25 pets right off the bat at level 1 is too high, go to a lower level pet zone that has level 15-17s so you stand a better chance, when you hit level 5-10, your 25s can carry you through Vale of Eternal Blossoms)
Use your level 1 pet at the start, try and attack atleast once,
Use one of your level 25 rares and your level 1 pet should be getting anywhere from 900-1.5k exp, maybe more.
Rinse and repeat.

Your pets will level much faster using this method than grinding them at their own level. I managed to casually level two level 1 pets to 25 in three hours off and on. Good luck and happy hunting :D

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Pet Battles: How to power level your pet from 1 to 25!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I have a couple big 'Why' here.

Why the Harbinger Of Flame? 'High DPS' isn't really a good comparison here, because being as pet battles are turn-based, there's not really a 'damage per second' to worry about. What are the techniques you suggest for high-impact leveling? And how is it 'easy to obtain' compared to other high-damage pets? Or, alternatively, what makes it so much better than them for this?

Why a Mei Lei Sparkler over any of the other fireflies, which have the same combat ability? And again: what techs do you suggest here for this?

Why Eternal Blossoms in specific? Pets are Level 25 in other locations as well. What makes Eternal Blossoms better than them?

I'm not asking this because I think that it's a bad idea. I'm asking it because 'power level' implies that it's an effective, fast, and efficient way of leveling. So the more information that can be offered, the more people can get out of it! :) 'Use level 25 pets to level low levels' is alread mentioned quite a few times, so I'm trying to get a feel for the efficiency here.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Kurasu wrote:I have a couple big 'Why' here.

Why the Harbinger Of Flame? 'High DPS' isn't really a good comparison here, because being as pet battles are turn-based, there's not really a 'damage per second' to worry about. What are the techniques you suggest for high-impact leveling? And how is it 'easy to obtain' compared to other high-damage pets? Or, alternatively, what makes it so much better than them for this?

Why a Mei Lei Sparkler over any of the other fireflies, which have the same combat ability? And again: what techs do you suggest here for this?

Why Eternal Blossoms in specific? Pets are Level 25 in other locations as well. What makes Eternal Blossoms better than them?

I'm not asking this because I think that it's a bad idea. I'm asking it because 'power level' implies that it's an effective, fast, and efficient way of leveling. So the more information that can be offered, the more people can get out of it! :) 'Use level 25 pets to level low levels' is alread mentioned quite a few times, so I'm trying to get a feel for the efficiency here.
I apologize for the unclear information:

What I meant behind Harbringer of Flame being a High DPS pet was he does high damage, (due to Impale and Immolate). He is easier to obtain than most other High Damage pets because a lot of them you have to try for rare quality, where when you obtain the Harbringer, he is learned as Rare.

The reason why I chose Effervescent Glowfly is because when you obtain him in Rare Quality, he only loses 2-3 Levels, and he is spawned from 24-25, therefor if you capture a 25 glowfly, the lowest he'll go is 22, there for you aren't wasting time leveling him up to 25. However, any glowfly will do.

And Vale of Eternal Blossoms is 24-25, and the pets that spawn there generally spawn in packs of 2-5 individual pet battles, there for you don't have to travel as much to find a battle.

I hope this helps :)

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Just to let you know, Lazurianis, there is a mini-pet sub-forum under "wow general". These posts have been flagged to be moved there.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

-> mini pets forum
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Oh whoops :D lol sorry about that

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Pardon the delay on answering this one.

This still doesn't explain to me, though, the techniques that make this so efficient for leveling from 1 to 25. Most of Pandaria is 24-25, and there are quite a few where mobs are clustered tightly together. I found The Vale Of Eternal Blossoms, for instance, *WAY* less efficient in grinding than The Valley, since in The Valley you had tons of critters everywhere with no fliers to get in your way. By having a team of cats (or in my case a cat and a ravager hatchling) you can grind for hours without having to heal, because your pets' 'Devour' keeps them healed to full, or close to. Your 'heal' spell will be up by the time you actually do lose a pet.

Meanwhile, in The Vale, there are primarily aquatic pets, with a few Flying on top of it. As there aren't any Flying pets I can think of off the top of my head with a heal (although some that do flying damage and have a heal), you're going to spend a lot of time healing yourself with bandages or at the stablemaster unless you are very efficient in doing damage, and an Elemental/Humanoid doing 'normal damage' against them doesn't seem to be that much so.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Yeah, backing a level 1 with 2 level 25s is the fast way to go. I use this method alot. But I beg to differ on the choice of the 25s. It really depends on where you are battling (lots of aquatics? flyers? critters?) and the breed of the level 25s. I find being flexible works out better. If you aren't familiar with battle pet breeds, look into it. Its fairly important.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Teigan wrote:Yeah, backing a level 1 with 2 level 25s is the fast way to go. I use this method alot. But I beg to differ on the choice of the 25s. It really depends on where you are battling (lots of aquatics? flyers? critters?) and the breed of the level 25s. I find being flexible works out better. If you aren't familiar with battle pet breeds, look into it. Its fairly important.
I agree with this. It can make a huge difference bringing in the right 25s for the situation. And what those are will vary by person and play style.

That said, I too have a default team for two 25s and a boosted pet. My 25s for leveling are a rare Wild Crimson Hatchling and any rare frog. The reason: their self heals, which allow me to go through multiple fights without healing. The frog especially (I'm working on getting multiple frogs to 25, because I just find them to be so effective) can "CC" with frog kiss and then heal on top of that. If the opponent is a flying type, then the dragon takes over.

If you're really trying to boost a pet take them against the trainers. A level 1 can easily be boosted through Hyuna, a level 10 against Farmer Nishi. I've had varied success with others due to RNG and such but I always try to take something that needs boosting in every single fight.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I like pairing a low-lvl pet with 2 25s, too. The 2 I'm using most are a Crawdad (aka immortal) and a cat (used to be a Panther Cub, soon to be replaced with a p/p Snow Cub and later with a cornish rex - when I get the stone) as they can both go through multiple fights without requiring any healing except that of their own.

I rarely bring lvl 1s this way, though, rather at least lvl 10+s.
For lvl 1s I usually wait till I have a bunch and go lvl them on the crabs on the baby ape isle while I (still) wait for a rain to come. And for those that can't wait, because I want them in my team NAO, I have Aki, where I can safely bring anything in after having completely neutralised her cricket with a sandstorm, and which brings the lvl 1 straight to lvl 10.

And of course there are tamer dailies, which I keep doing for stones and pets. K, EK and Outland ones are fine for pets lvl10+, while I feel slightly more comfortable bringing against pandaren spirits pets of lvl 20+ that can help a bit on their own, too.
I don't do Major Pain. I don't want to see this guy ever again. Don't ask.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Myrrmi wrote: I don't do Major Pain. I don't want to see this guy ever again. Don't ask.
I hate him with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns. The Pandaria spirit tamers are easier, including the Earth one.
Given his name, I'm fairly sure he's trolling us.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I almost cried the first time I took on Major Payne. I think it took over 2 hours for me to finally beat him, and I only did it through RNG luck (he missed essential hits). Then again I had only a team of mechanical pets at the time and though it had been enough to get me to that point, it wasn't enough to beat him.

Nowadays I can sometimes take him out with just 2 pets (Mechanopeep vs Grizzle and Beakmaster, then Fel Flame vs Beakmaster and Bloom) and I've even boosted a few aquatic pets through him. So like everything else, it's just a matter of finding a combo that works for you.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Depending on the pet you use, I found you can get away with using a lvl 1 in Mount Hjyal. Once I get them up to lvl 7 or 8, I cycle through all the battle pet tamers. I start with Harbringer, then go to Grand Master Trixxy. Then I jump on my mage, and go do Morulu the Elder and Grand Master Antari. This typically brings me to lvl 20 or 21.

Then I head off to Farmer Nishi who is really easy. This brings me to lvl 23, and depending on the pet I'm trying to lvl I go to Grand Master Aki. Anubisath Idol against her Stormlash is very nice! I used reflection right away, which cause his nuke to miss, and it's used on him instead. I then use Sandstorm to reduce the hit chance, then use keep using Crush and Sandstorm. I've had Anubisath Idol stay alive till the 3rd pet, so it's a very strong pet to use against her.

I've tried to power cycle pets against Flowing Pandaren Spirit but it's tidal wave keeps killing my lower lvl pet. I will probably figure out the right combo to use against him one day. Oh yeah if you just want to power lvl your pets, and you have done all the battle pet tames. I would recommend Hyjal because of how close the stable master is. Don't forget about Battle Pet Tamer Brok who is close to the Inn.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I much prefer Valley of the Four Winds for powerleveling pets.

1. Get a pet with flying abilities and a crocolisk. I use Wild Crimson Hatchling and Chuck.
2. Tear through the weakling critters (bandicoons, crickets, and porcupines) with Rip, use Surge to get them down a notch, then finish them with Devour. If you timed these right, you'll be back at full health by the time the enemy pet dies.
3. Tear through the weakling aquatics (otters and turtles, mostly) with Lift-Off. Heal when necessary with Healing Flame. If the other pet is faster than you, use Tail Whip; otherwise, use Breath.
4. At some point before the enemy team is decimated, switch in your little leveling pet for one round. He doesn't have to attack or be hit, but must be up against the enemy team for one round total. Then, switch him back out.

Other reasons why I prefer this zone;

The enemy pets aren't varied at all, as I stated above.
The pets are everywhere. Crickets are abundant, otters and turtles are found en masse by the rivers, and bandicoons/quillrats come in packs.
There are very few aggressive mobs near where you'll be leveling.
There's nice music and atmosphere!