Pet Battles: Questions

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Pet Battles: Questions

Unread post by Lazurianis »

I have a few questions for the Petopia community.
I've done only a handful of PVP Pet Battles and i'm not doing so well. So, I have a request...

List the most overpowered pets and abilities on this thread. Please include the following:

Name
Level
Zone
Abilities
Average Damage
and Stats

Thank you, I am looking forward to seeing all the overpowered pets :D

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Pet Battles: Questions

Unread post by Wain »

-> mini pets forum
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

The thing with 'overpowered pets' is that you're looking at it from the wrong direction for PVP. The best pets in a PVP situation aren't 'those with high damage', but 'those that shut down others'. Sure, you want to do lots of damage, but the better plan is to stop the enemy team from doing damage. A 'battle of attrition' works *way* better, IMO, in a PvE situation than a PvP one.

This is coming from someone who has lost every PvP battle he's done, mind you. ... of course, that's exactly the point: my teams tend to be tilted toward 'high damage and attrition', and I lose every time. So I'm obviously doing it wrong. ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Well, in terms of damage, Fluxfire Feline is probably one of the most strongest ones, as I have seen 2000+ non-crit from infamous Supercharge + Wind-Up combo. Just keep in mind that Blizzard hinted that there might be nerf coming to this pet. In theory Legs is also pretty strong, as you can time Pump, Whirlpool and Surge of Power for pretty respectable burst.

In terms of control, I think that Hopling is pretty good one. With over 300 speed at max level it can out-speed many other pets, Backflip allows you to interrupt (if each one hits and goes first) 33% of your opponents turns, Sticky Goo roots for 5 turns and Tongue Lash works well against those pesky Undeads.

Just my 2 coppers.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Aggannor wrote:Well, in terms of damage, Fluxfire Feline is probably one of the most strongest ones, as I have seen 2000+ non-crit from infamous Supercharge + Wind-Up combo. Just keep in mind that Blizzard hinted that there might be nerf coming to this pet.
I could be wrong, but I think this has already been nerfed in 5.2's patch notes. It's something I remember seeing in the patch notes. *checks*

Yeah, here:
Supercharge now provides a 125% damage bonus, down from 150%, and lasts for 1 round (no cooldown change).
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Kurasu wrote:
Aggannor wrote:Well, in terms of damage, Fluxfire Feline is probably one of the most strongest ones, as I have seen 2000+ non-crit from infamous Supercharge + Wind-Up combo. Just keep in mind that Blizzard hinted that there might be nerf coming to this pet.
I could be wrong, but I think this has already been nerfed in 5.2's patch notes. It's something I remember seeing in the patch notes. *checks*

Yeah, here:
Supercharge now provides a 125% damage bonus, down from 150%, and lasts for 1 round (no cooldown change).
Seems like I forgot that one, but I think that it won't change much, as you can (unless I'm wrong) cast Win-Up (buff), Supercharge and then Wind-Up (damage). Also, that nerf reduces damage by only 10% if my math doesn't suck (1-2.25/2.5=0.1), which probably won't make the difference in most chases.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

It will make difference in pvp, since you'll be able to interrupt the W-S-W combo by a simple stun, or reflect it since the caster won't be able to pass a round to have you shoot your reflect into the air.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)