Spawn of G'nathus solo kite

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Spawn of G'nathus solo kite

Unread post by Quiv »

Tips for hunters doing this.

-Have a pet out on passive, one that has a helpful buff. Dont do BM since G'nathus rips your pet like nothing, and thats where BMs dmg is.
-Use spirit bond for those times you get hit with his ranged attack.
-Kite him AWAY from the upper most island so you dont pull his spawn that are also in the area. Around lower areas, the occasional shark is your biggest worry, which is nothing.
-With concussive shot, you can outrange his ranged attacked, use jump disengage if you find yourself in range.
-LARGE SWOOPING CIRCLES. If you cut sharply, you will quickly get in range of his attack.
-Patience
-I avoided Stampede, but it may be safe. G'nathus focuses on the pets around him, I was afraid of him leashing, but I took his as far as where Yul spawns and he never leashed.
-I worried more about ranged than optimal dps. I did dots and strafed him, but if you got time, you can take as long as you like to kill him.
-Deterrence will deflect the ranged chain lightning he does.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Spawn of G'nathus solo kite

Unread post by Makoes »

Why would you kite the spawns? Isn't G'nathus the one that drops the pet? (the title of the post says "Spawn of G'nathus")

Actually if you want added dps you CAN have your pet on him, however turn off ALL aggro abilities (growl/thunderstomp, etc), using distract shot every-so-often if your pet does for some reason start to pull threat, or passive pet till aggro is re-established. BM is good for the Spirit beast heal. Aslo there is that glyph that heals on disengage which can be helpful.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Spawn of G'nathus solo kite

Unread post by Wain »

Makoes wrote:Why would you kite the spawns? Isn't G'nathus the one that drops the pet? (the title of the post says "Spawn of G'nathus")
It's because the pet is also named Spawn of G'nathus :) So the title would refer to getting the pet. The double naming thing does make them ambiguous. Maybe it should have been called Elver of G'nathus ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.