Helpful tip for Beast of Fable

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Helpful tip for Beast of Fable

Unread post by Bulletdance »

The Beasts of Fable are pretty easy, but if your having trouble I wanted to share a super easy tactic I learned. Just use a pet with "Life Exchange" This equalizes the health of your enemy with that of your pet. Works like a charm.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Helpful tip for Beast of Fable

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't think I have a max lvl pet with that. XD Stupid killer goldfish kicking my bum all the time.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Bulletdance wrote:The Beasts of Fable are pretty easy, but if your having trouble I wanted to share a super easy tactic I learned. Just use a pet with "Life Exchange" This equalizes the health of your enemy with that of your pet. Works like a charm.

<3 !

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for that :)

You're right, for the most part I found them pretty easy. One tip with the raccoon in the Jade Forest (Nitun) is to never let your pets die against him. Once they get low, swap them out. He seems to heal a lot from their deaths.

I personally believe that this would have to be the most miserable daily in the game however. Even though they're not that hard it takes a VERY long time to circle the entire continent killing them all for a single bag that most likely contains rubbish. And because they're not restricted to one fight a day they award low xp and so are not even worth levelling pets against. Many people couldn't justify that every day. I know they need to keep us busy in the game, but this one seems more shameless at it than most :P Anyway, rant over ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

I found that a deadly mix is Call Thunder, and then anything like Toxic Wasteling's DoT's (that also cause 25% reduction in defense!) (also coupled with Toxic Wasteling's absorb, you can last longer :3) Doing about 500-700 damage a round just from the dots and lightning O_O
Also, I found baby ape to be a beast with banana barage.

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wain wrote:Thanks for that :)

You're right, for the most part I found them pretty easy. One tip with the raccoon in the Jade Forest (Nitun) is to never let your pets die against him. Once they get low, swap them out. He seems to heal a lot from their deaths.

I personally believe that this would have to be the most miserable daily in the game however. Even though they're not that hard it takes a VERY long time to circle the entire continent killing them all for a single bag that most likely contains rubbish. And because they're not restricted to one fight a day they award low xp and so are not even worth levelling pets against. Many people couldn't justify that every day. I know they need to keep us busy in the game, but this one seems more shameless at it than most :P Anyway, rant over ;)
Well it's not like you ahve to do it if ya don't want to. Only really good if you want those raccon pets. That's the only reason I'd do it. Tho I'm finding doing the quest before the daily to be real hard :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:Well it's not like you ahve to do it if ya don't want to. Only really good if you want those raccon pets. That's the only reason I'd do it. Tho I'm finding doing the quest before the daily to be real hard :lol:
You're right, in the same way you don't have to do any daily in the game if you don't want the reward ;) It's just that as dailies vs rewards go, this one seems especially miserable. The quest before the daily is exactly the same as the daily, i.e. defeat every fabled beast just for one bag. As opposed to, say, the four spirit tamer dailies which each gave a bag and a chance at a pet and were a single (albeit difficult) fight each. I'll still do them because I'm a pet fanatic, but it's certainly the least fun. The fatty goat steak daily done 5 times over every day would still take less time. :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I agree, Wain; this is the worst daily ever. So much running for ONE bag, ONE opportunity. :/

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Well it's not like you ahve to do it if ya don't want to. Only really good if you want those raccon pets. That's the only reason I'd do it. Tho I'm finding doing the quest before the daily to be real hard :lol:
You're right, in the same way you don't have to do any daily in the game if you don't want the reward ;) It's just that as dailies vs rewards go, this one seems especially miserable.
Yeah I would have to agree. Pet collecting is more important than reps or raid or purples for quite a few people I know. Can you imagine if a faction sent you to every zone to kill/collect somthing, for a very small chance of a reward? ... :?

OMG and I still have flashbacks to the 1st part of the argent tournament and having to find those dam daily blades, and that was only one far away zone. I just dont know if I can do it again for the 4th time..../shudder (Yes mother f@#$ing blizz reset all your progress and quests there if you faction changed, with NOTHING! in the notes, I was soooo peeved )

So much time to sunk, and for the reward of some 1/2 chewed pet food... :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Ooh I forgot about Life Exchange! Good one!

Since the new boss pets have soo much health I've found abilities that take off a % of the enemy's health work great. The rhino has one, the little quilen, and the baby Elekks. Also pets with Predatory Strike can take off a chunk of the enemy's health when they're low.
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

For those that need a pet with Life Exchange, Mini Mindslayers are a pet that can pick it up at 20. Nether Faerie Dragon at 15. Sprite Darter Hatchling at 15. and the Ethereal Soul Trader at 20.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Katzbalger
Realm: Arthas

Unread post by Katzbalger »

I just use soft/hardcounter pets vs each one, generally with a lvl 20-24 pet thrown in for the xp (not much I know but beats none!). Flying pets vs the aquatics, mechs vs the beasts, humanoids with beast attacks vs the critters.

It is a pain flying around doing it, however since the last hotfixes I find it's worth doing on my alts for lesser charms. I fly around and do the legendaries plus most of the other ones and that usually gets me most of the 50 lesser charms for my alts to get their mogu runes, if I'm short a few I farm Lucky Yi in valley, since Kun-Lai Runt can solo him, I throw in a flayer youngling as backup and a leveling pet just to make it slightly more rewarding.

It's still not exactly great fun, but if like me you have numerous 90 alts you don't want to do normal dailies on for lesser charms, it's worth it since you're effectively accomplishing 2 tasks at once, farming lesser charms and completing the new daily. 3 at once if you also throw in leveling pets!