Unborn Val'kyr?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unborn Val'kyr?

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Alright guys, so I have been reading a lot on the Unborn Val'kyr (still no luck for myself), and have not found much aside from:
No 'set' spawn locations
Appears to patrol
Players affect spawns when they capture one
Located throughout Northrend

If anyone has anymore additional information that'd be much appreciated, if there is another forum post I apologize for the 'repost'.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Unborn Val'kyr?

Unread post by Ijomi »

I caught mine at the northernmost spawn location in Zul'Drak, much to my surprise. I was just grousing about CRZ to my fiance when I moused over a green paw and boom, "Unborn Val'kyr". :) I had been flying randomly around Northrend a couple hours or so.

Water Strider of any type seems to be nicely effective against this pet, with healing and a sleep, though I didn't really need either with my level 25 team. I have the Pristine Trap, and she went in the second attempt.

Mine is the 6/16 breed, pure health, and uncommon at the moment. She's also found in the 3/13 balanced build. Just going to use a stone on her.

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

My experience with the Valkyr: I was searching, and someone in the rarehunters channel I made just found one. Less than 10mins later, I found mine. My boyfriend said that not long after I got mine he found his. So I tend to believe that one is up at a time, and when caught, another one spawns somewhere else. Mind you, there's 27 spawn points, 3 per zone, so you don't have to fly randomly, you can just check spawn after spawn.
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

I spent most of yesterday trawling round Northrend looking for one. Really a pain in the butt tbh. I don't mind trawling a zone, but an entire continent?

Eurgh.
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Trust me on this:

Get the TomTom addon and make a macro of the coordinates below:

Macro 1

/way Sholazar Basin 58.5, 22.0
/way Icecrown 47.9, 86.6
/way Icecrown 73.8, 64.5
/way Zul'Drak 57.0, 39.8
/way Storm Peaks 42.5, 78.5
/way Zul'Drak 75, 22
/way Dragonblight 82, 66
/way Grizzly Hills 61, 18
/way Storm Peaks 65, 41

Macro 2

/way Sholazar Basin 44.47, 69.59
/way Grizzly Hills 79.60, 50.79
/way Borean Tundra 48, 8
/way Howling Fjord 71.91, 43.39
/way Howling Fjord 45, 43
/way Borean Tundra 80, 48
/way Grizzly Hills 26, 57

Unconfirmed Spawn Points (no proof):

/way Howling Fjord 68.10, 67.63
/way Zul'Drak 24.3, 63.7
/way Sholazar Basin 36.8, 19.4
/way Dragonblight 26.9, 54.1
/way Dragonblight 64.4, 43.7

Just make that into a macro and voilà, you're all set

Credit goes to Gyllbane@WoWhead
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Caught mine this morning...in Crystalsong Forest, directly east of Dalaran. She's a common quality, only lvl 23 when I fought her. Neat little pet XD
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ugh, a few of these are near Northrend rare spawn points, including one of Loque's. >_< How annoying. In case anyone is wondering about heightened traffic in those areas...

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

For those that don't know, when not fighting, she rezzes dead critters. Caught her doing it and it was glorious.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

This pet is being camped out like crazy in my CRZ group.. Every spawn location has at least one person camping it.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I got one at Loq's spawn point where the birds are and a short distance from the white eagle and it's nest. I left my hunter here and saw people battling it 3 times while checking when I logged in and out each time I played. Got one on Sunday. Good luck, I hope you can nab one too.
Sandpanther
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Sandpanther »

I've managed to catch 6 of them (3 for friends that wanted them).Caught my first, second and 3rd Val'kyr north of K3, the fourth north east of the Dwarf fortress in the south east corner of Grizzly Hills, caught my fifth one at Crystalsong Forest south west of the sunreaver base and my sixth one along the Forgotten Shore in Dragonblight. Also a quick tip, don't panic and rage quit if she uses Haunt as an opener, she'll be back alive again after it's run its course.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

The spawn points have been updated on Wowhead--it appears Mumper might have given everyone the slip on the 'no set spawn location' as there are precisely three known spawn points per zone (sans Wintergrasp, ofc). Means that there are a lot of options when it comes to camping a spot...but with so many spots, I personally think it's smarter to do laps of them all. If even two spots are unwatched, that doubles your chances of seeing one as opposed to simply waiting one out.

Edit: NPCScan DOES work on them--just make sure to go into your pet journal and un-check 'not collected' pets before clearing cache! As long as that's un-checked, you can even open up your pet journal without worrying about an accidental cache.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

My lazy "strategy" (lazy since I've only really looked around maybe once every other day since patch) was to park each of my alts in a different zone, so that they log in on a spawn point and then can do a quick fly around to the other two in that zone before switching out for another.

All I usually see are people sitting on points. I really can't wait to actually see this pet so my trap can fail at catching it 5 times in a row and she'll use the move that kills her... :(
Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

Ziarre wrote:The spawn points have been updated on Wowhead--it appears Mumper might have given everyone the slip on the 'no set spawn location' as there are precisely three known spawn points per zone (sans Wintergrasp, ofc). Means that there are a lot of options when it comes to camping a spot...but with so many spots, I personally think it's smarter to do laps of them all. If even two spots are unwatched, that doubles your chances of seeing one as opposed to simply waiting one out.

Edit: NPCScan DOES work on them--just make sure to go into your pet journal and un-check 'not collected' pets before clearing cache! As long as that's un-checked, you can even open up your pet journal without worrying about an accidental cache.

Thanks so much for the npcscan tip! Now to go a lookin!
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

Finally got mine tonight after our raid. Picked it up and it was an uncommon one, and then when the fight ended, I received a Flawless Undead Battle stone as a reward!

Talk about luck, it means I can finally stop trawling around the entire bloody continent now.
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
AdamSavage

I got mine today under Chillmaw. I checked one of his spawn locations in Icecrown before doing a Heroic Scenario. When I finished it, and zoned back into Icecrown I noticed a pet on my mini map. I hovered the mouse over it, and sure it enough it was the Unborn Val'kyr. I flew down and engaged the pet battle, and got em.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The top post for the val'kyr in Wowhead is really wonderful for the maps it provides.

I did so many laps and never found one. Last night I tried at 5 am and was down to checking the last few spawn points. I fell asleep while flying and skipped one. The next one had a val'kyr finally! It was poor quality but that'll do for now. I'm not going to be doing laps of that place again for a while.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
AdamSavage

Wain wrote:The top post for the val'kyr in Wowhead is really wonderful for the maps it provides.

I did so many laps and never found one. Last night I tried at 5 am and was down to checking the last few spawn points. I fell asleep while flying and skipped one. The next one had a val'kyr finally! It was poor quality but that'll do for now. I'm not going to be doing laps of that place again for a while.
I used a stone to make him a rare. The only stones I don't have is Humanoid.

Dr. Who Video!

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Anyone willing to help me get one? Still haven't found one and when I do someone kills it before I can click. Poor sportsmanship...
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

I saw one at the frozen beach in Borean Tundra while flying with the taxi, but after checking for her a couple seconds after, she disappeard :/ But it was still a lucky day: got rare Tundra Penguin, Nexus Whelpling and Water Waveling <3