Zookeeper

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Zookeeper

Unread post by Vephriel »

I can't believe this. I had a dream last night that I caught the Qiraji Guardling (I was doing pet battle stuff all night so I guess it was ingrained in my head).

I just logged in a few minutes ago and decided to fly out to AQ, just to check. I flew in from the south since I went through Uldum, and as I got over the far raid entrance, I saw a pawprint. I didn't think it could actually be a Guardling, but sure enough it was, so I divebombed it at the same time that 2 other people did. I thought I'd already lost it, but then I got the message 'Pet Battle Area Is Obscured'. And that's when it hit me "oh, I wasn't lucky, this one's probably been here forever because it's stuck and no one can reach it" I moved around and clicked a couple more times out of futility, only it suddenly went through, and then I had it.

It was in this corner here by the raid entrance, you might have to move around until you don't get the obstruction message, but it can definitely be done! Might be a good spot to camp because most people hang out in the front central area.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_062313_121838.png
WoWScrnShot_062313_121838.png (589.58 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
Image1.png
Image1.png (411.94 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Does it fly with you?
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Vephriel

Tilo wrote:Does it fly with you?
Sadly no, it disappears if you lift off. :(
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Vephriel wrote:
So many of the new flying pets that can't actually fly, even if their relatives can. :(
Infinite/Azure whelping, Nordrassil Wisp, etc,etc. In fact there is quite a few on the list.... it really bummed me out when I found out about many of them. :|

BTW Awesome screenshot Veph (as always) She looks just perfect with you and that robe :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vephriel

SpiritBinder wrote:
Vephriel wrote:
So many of the new flying pets that can't actually fly, even if their relatives can. :(
Infinite/Azure whelping, Nordrassil Wisp, etc,etc. In fact there is quite a few on the list.... it really bummed me out when I found out about many of them. :|

BTW Awesome screenshot Veph (as always) She looks just perfect with you and that robe :)
Ahh yeah, I noticed that with the Scourged Whelpling. D: Was hoping it would fly around with me. Maybe it's some sort of oversight.

Aw, thanks! :hug:
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

Aaaahhh lucky, congrats! I've been watching the drama unfold on the main forums over this pet. :c How many people were camped for it?
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I decided to do a quick fly around, see if I could spot one, even though there were still at least 20 other people flying around/camping doing the same thing. Just as I was cutting across the wall from the instance to check near the scarab wall, right in that area Veph show'd one spawned. About 4 other people lunged at it running trying to find an obscured area. I stood just outside the stones, on the main pathway and managed to snag the fight. Uncommon quality, but I am not complaining :) Got my Zookeeper title.
Someone else that was there was asking why I took it from them, I guess they were camping that spot. I didn't bother answering back, wouldn't change anything, and by the time I'd landed and positioned, I couldn't really tell if anyone had been camping that spot.

Happy I got my Title :D

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

Cheers Veph! I decided after reading your comment to sit at that spot and while it did not spawn there I was close enough to see one spawn at the Raid portal, was only there 20 mins or so after logging on! A druid was camping there but didn't seem to respond so I swept in.

I saw 3 beetles spawn, 2 of which at the portal entrance. I dunno if that means anything.

After all those hours. Lucky Petopia is lucky!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Found mine last night at last!

And then had to crawl around Pandaria looking for the last five random pets I never bothered to get, heh. Stupid Sifang Otter Pup gave me almost as much trouble finding it as the Guardian!

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

guy was being a jerk, didn't understand personal space, he flew off.... AND IT SPAWNED AT AN UNCOMMON LEVEL AND I GOT IT

take that dude on the onyxia mount
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Aeladrine wrote:guy was being a jerk, didn't understand personal space, he flew off.... AND IT SPAWNED AT AN UNCOMMON LEVEL AND I GOT IT

take that dude on the onyxia mount
Gratz I love when that happens

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

5.3 Hotfixes
Pet Battles

~ Battle Pets ~
Qiraji Guardling's spawn rate has been greatly increased.
I know this may seem odd, but I think a little bit on an increase is ok, but greatly? And no I don’t have one, and yes, I would like to own one... but these little gals are new and harder to get atm.

That’s OK, people will get one eventually, why do we all have to get everything we want straight away...? Why can't those lucky enough to have got one be a special snowflake for a little while, it's a nice feeling and hurts no one. Now there will be no excitement in the hunt, there will be none of the build up and want/yearning to find one, none of the disappointment of missing out on one that only makes it more satisfying when you do, not jumping around at excitedly telling people you finally got one!

It will be just fly down, engage, Image it off the list and done.
Call me crazy, but I hope they don’t increase the drop rate too much, it does create a nice buzz when there are harder to get shiny things, well that’s just imo anyways. :)

­
­
­
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

At least people are having better luck than me. Just had one killed out from under me by a friggin gnome. *sighs*

Aand a few minutes later, I find and catch an uncommon one. O_o; *whew* So glad that's over.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SpiritBinder wrote:5.3 Hotfixes
Pet Battles
~ Battle Pets ~
Qiraji Guardling's spawn rate has been greatly increased.
I know this may seem odd, but I think a little bit on an increase is ok, but greatly? And no I don’t have one, and yes, I would like to own one... but these little gals are new and harder to get atm.
That’s OK, people will get one eventually, why do we all have to get everything we want straight away...? Why can't those lucky enough to have got one be a special snowflake for a little while, it's a nice feeling and hurts no one. Now there will be no excitement in the hunt, there will be none of the build up and want/yearning to find one, none of the disappointment of missing out on one that only makes it more satisfying when you do, not jumping around at excitedly telling people you finally got one!
It will be just fly down, engage, Image it off the list and done.
Call me crazy, but I hope they don’t increase the drop rate too much, it does create a nice buzz when there are harder to get shiny things, well that’s just imo anyways. :)
Rather than increase the spawn rate dramatically, I'd rather see them increase the range dramatically. Make it harder for people to just camp in huge numbers. The place looked like a Romani convention. In fact if they developed a method whereby it won't spawn at a location where someone is camped, I'd be OK with that.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Wain wrote: Rather than increase the spawn rate dramatically, I'd rather see them increase the range dramatically. Make it harder for people to just camp in huge numbers.
I rather quite like that idea to, it's would be easy enough and a rather elegant solution. +1

­
­
­
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Finally got mine. x.x Flew past one of the instance ports and one was there. The alliance near by must've been afk or something because I hovered for almost a minute and she didn't do anything. It's poor quality, but honestly I don't care. I need to get two more weather based pets (If anyone knows if it's sandstorming in Tanaris or raining in the Cape of Stranglethorn on their server, please do send me a message. I will give you my battletag.)

I won't get zookeeper until the Snowy Owls come out, but eh. It's one more down.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Vephriel

Aleu wrote:(If anyone knows if it's sandstorming in Tanaris or raining in the Cape of Stranglethorn on their server, please do send me a message. I will give you my battletag.)
Ergh, ditto. I have 3 weather pets to find still (Arctic Fox, Silithid, Baby Ape), plus the Minfernal on top of those.

If I manage to find any of the weather effects on my server I'll post here.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

FYI, the rain on Jaguero Isle DOES NOT correspond to rain in southern STV. I noticed it raining in Lor'danel/Darkshore, switched to my parked alt, and it was raining on the isle, but I don't know if this is timed correlation (many of the zones will rain at the same time as one another) or if it was just dumb luck.

You're best served by just parking an alt there and checking frequently.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I just sat on Jaguero Isle and powerleveled all my level 1 rares to level 10 while waiting for the rain.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

I got the Baby Ape by parking several toons across four different realms on the isle. Just cycle through them as often as you want - I got the ape after three days, after cycling through my toons about three times a day. It's a pain in the arse but, if you're just in it for snagging a monkey and running, it's pretty much the best you can hope for.