Zookeeper

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Zookeeper

Unread post by Makoes »

Well, for U.S. servers tonight at midnight is the release of the Qiraji Guardian, and the Zookeeper title.
Post you pic and stories here :D

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Zookeeper

Unread post by Vephriel »

I thought I'd duck in for a quick peek, and WOW. I can't remember the last time I saw so many players in one place that wasn't a major city.

I think I'll check back another time. :lol:

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_062113_010659.png
WoWScrnShot_062113_010659.png (915.65 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
WoWScrnShot_062113_010712.png
WoWScrnShot_062113_010712.png (70.11 KiB) Viewed 3960 times
WoWScrnShot_062113_010941.png
WoWScrnShot_062113_010941.png (851.12 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
WoWScrnShot_062113_010943.png
WoWScrnShot_062113_010943.png (700.21 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Yeah, that's about how my server looked/looks. I took some SS' I'll post in a bit, atm I am getting my other server toons over there to jump between realms on the hunt!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

When they spawned my game decided to crash >.> There were about 40 people and only 5 spawns. Waited 3 hours and no more spawns so I gave up for the night.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I didn't screenshot it but there were definitely several dozen people flying around the AQ gates minutes leading up to midnight. I sat off to the side by some mountains, saw 1 spawn many yards away so of course I missed it. Then I decided to start flying around. Another popped up and 20 people jumped on it. Saw another, got there too slow, then when I went back to my starting point one popped up right under me with only 1 person close by. I left right after so I don't know how many total spawned but they were popping up pretty quickly those first few minutes.
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

If a normal non battle pet keeps spawning does that mean a battle one cannot spawn in it's place ever?

Cross realm has made this insanely busy and difficult!!! :p I'm in the same spot for ages with only non battle pets spawning.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Bonita »

Im not sure, but I've been killing them anyways lol. It's something to do

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

There's like twenty people here on my server, haha. It's a little scary when it's a PvP realm and they can attack you while you do pet battles...
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

It's absolutely ridiculous.

This pet will keep showing up for -three months- so... I think I'm going to just wait a couple of weeks before I even try seriously. I mean hell, I see scourged whelplings all the time now and you NEVER saw those for like the first month or so when they were released.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Nachtwulf wrote:It's absolutely ridiculous.

This pet will keep showing up for -three months- so... I think I'm going to just wait a couple of weeks before I even try seriously. I mean hell, I see scourged whelplings all the time now and you NEVER saw those for like the first month or so when they were released.

This, pretty much. They won't vanish until around September or so. I don't understand why people are so greedy with it. Must they camp it until you get a rare? I'm one of those people who just want one. I don't care for the quality. >>;

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I've just been logging myself in and out at the spawn area because, while I don't have all the other pets and therefore cannot get the title, I really love this pet a lot. As I said before, there are tons of people there and I'm on a PvP server. Surprisingly, we'd all been great to each other until tonight. I suppose everyone just figured there would be enough to go around, since they do spawn for three months.

So tonight I logged in, expecting to see some of the same familiar faces around. Not only do I not, I'm attacked before I'm even logged all the way in and end up falling to me almost death. Figured it was a bug and my mount just didn't load before I did, but as soon as I'm mounted up I'm attacked and killed.

Okay. PvP server, so not that big of a deal. A lot of people will kill you once and then leave you be.

Except they didn't. There was a troll druid, a blood elf paladin, and an orc death knight. The very few other people around were all Horde, but seemed to be tabbed out (which is what I usually do, as well).

Before I knew it, I was in a fifteen minute flight all around the area, never being allowed to stop for more than a half second before being attacked. It didn't matter how high up I saw. Somehow, all three were using attacks that didn't dismount them (though they and their mounts, at times, looked almost like a blue version of shadowform).

Needless to say, it was frustrating. I couldn't even try and log out, since they just kept attacking me!

In all my time on WoW, all my time on a PvP server, I have never before experienced something like that. These pets seem to have brought the worst out in some people.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Bonita »

Actually managed to get one! One spawned near me where a horde dk had been sitting who either logged or zoned into a dungeon/bg/lfr whatever. A monk by the name of Natalie cheered me on!! (Since my name is Natalie it made it even better haha)

Sig made by Iggypuff
Flight Rising!

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

personally. i would have reported those 3 Ael and i have in the past. Once or twice. fine im on a pvp realm.
3rd time. getting annoying.
3-6 oh cmon your wasting my and your time.
10+. screw it. you dont let me be then ill report you. Its just bullying at this point.

Also is there even attacks(that is harmfull towards the target) that doesnt dismount you?

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I was under the impression that you can't target and kill battle-pets?
I thought that targeting them just starts a pet battle?

While hoping to see one of the little Guardlings, I decided to powerlevel a few of my low-level rares, so I was basically taking on anything that showed a little paw print. At one point I was about to start a pet battle against a Sidewinder and some N.Elf runs up and kills it before I could start. (obviously he was being a total douche-nozzle with the "if I can't have it then you can't either" attitude)

But I thought only AoE effects would kill battlepets? I didn't know you could actually target one and kill it on purpose.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Sukurachi wrote:I was under the impression that you can't target and kill battle-pets?
I thought that targeting them just starts a pet battle?

While hoping to see one of the little Guardlings, I decided to powerlevel a few of my low-level rares, so I was basically taking on anything that showed a little paw print. At one point I was about to start a pet battle against a Sidewinder and some N.Elf runs up and kills it before I could start. (obviously he was being a total douche-nozzle with the "if I can't have it then you can't either" attitude)

But I thought only AoE effects would kill battlepets? I didn't know you could actually target one and kill it on purpose.
You can. I accidentally did this with a restless shadeling last night.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Ah, well that's good to know.
Of course, it doesn't mitigate the fact that that N.Elf was being a douche-nozzle.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, mostly AoE effects can kill them, but did find out Glaive Toss can be targeted and used against a wild battle pet.
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

Left click to select, use any attack. Kills them rather than initiates a battle.
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

You can target and kill any battle pet with regular attacks except for the dragon hatchlings in Jade Forest.

Also I think Sukarachi you may have misunderstood what that other player was doing - I mean I can't say for sure since I wasn't there but I know that a lot of people believe in clearing out other critters and battle pets in an area to force faster respawns, so maybe that's what they were doing? I've killed common battle pets in front of other players while doing the same thing (if I realize they're actually wanting to battle them, I'll leave the area though). A sidewinder is very common out there... and I know I killed dozens of them trying to make the scarabs out there spawn. Doesn't mean I was trying to grief or inconvenience anyone else.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I was able to get my val'kyr while the pet hunters were off in AQ! :D *happydance*

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!