Color-changing Secondary Wild Pets

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Color-changing Secondary Wild Pets

Unread post by Kurasu »

So. Huh. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but maybe I just haven't been looking.

Came across a group of three scorpids: a grey, a red, and a yellow. One of them was rare. I figured I'd capture the rare one just in case pets can later be 'bred', so I escaped fmo the battle, got my turnip into the group, and came back into the battle.

.... to a grey, a black, and a yellow scorpid.

Curious, I left and returned. Now, it was back to a red and a yellow... except the rare scorpid was now the red one.

So, while wild pets no longer change their colors in your line-up, it looks as if you can change their colors in *battle*, if you're looking for a particular 'color phase' of wild pet, and meet one as a secondary.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Color-changing Secondary Wild Pets

Unread post by Wain »

Oh yeah. Sorry I thought this was already known or I would have told you sooner :). If you want a rare in a particular colour but get the wrong colour as a secondary you can always keep restarting the battle till it's the one you want :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Color-changing Secondary Wild Pets

Unread post by Kurasu »

Yeah, if I'd known this, I'd have had my rare replacement for a whelk *much* earlier than this! As it was, I ended up spending a stone on the 'right color' S/S.

Live and learn, live and learn. :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!