Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling comes in 3 sizes, any others?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling comes in 3 sizes, any others?

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

While out doing some pet battles, I noticed that the Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling comes in 3 different sizes.

(Note: it has been documented before on WCP and wowhead, but I only just found out about it myself, then started looking into it to find out more. I didn't find any screenshots to show the difference, so I took some myself.)

In "gryph1," I have all 3 of my gryphons, from smallest (Beak) to largest (Beakest). In "gryph2," for comparison, I have the smallest and largest along with the Gryphon Hatchling (Bunsen) from the Blizz store plush - so looks like the Blizz store pet is the same size as the smallest. In "gryphs" I cast Flock and during the spell you can see all 3 sizes being summoned.

The different sizes work just like different skins/colors on things like moths. Sizing stays consistent after taming. The size is not related to the pet's rarity or breed. If you find a Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling as a secondary pet in battle, then forfeit to reset the battle, the size can change (so essentially you can pick the size you want).

ANYHOW long story short... does anyone know if there's other pets like this one, with different sizes? Going to crosspost to WCP but figured I might as well ask here as well.
Attachments
3 gryphon sizes
3 gryphon sizes
gryph1.jpg (55.07 KiB) Viewed 1024 times
wildhammer gryphon v store gryphon
wildhammer gryphon v store gryphon
gryph2.jpg (40.65 KiB) Viewed 1024 times
gryphon stampede
gryphon stampede
gryphs.jpg (26.15 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
Last edited by peanutbuttercup on Fri May 09, 2014 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling comes in 3 sizes, any other

Unread post by Wain »

Er, wow. That was unexpected! I've never heard of that variation. I'll have to keep an eye out :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.