Raiding with leashes Ulduar poll.

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.

What minipets would you want to see in Raiding with Leashes (Ulduar edition)?

Sky Claw
3%
World's Smallest Fire Giant
3%
Ironbound Proto-whelp
31%
Mini-spider tank (clockwork pilot)
No votes
World's Smallest Iron Giant
No votes
Usra Minor (Constellation style bear cub)
28%
Sanctum Sentry Cub
7%
World's Smallest Frost Giant
7%
Jormungar Larva
3%
Ancient Water Sprite
3%
Flame Leviathan Mk II Prototype
7%
Saronite Vapor
No votes
Other
7%

Total votes: 29

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Raiding with leashes Ulduar poll.

Unread post by Xota »

Since Northrend is next with Raiding with Leashes, and Naxx is already done, that leaves Uluar, ToC, and ICC. Ulduar's the most interesting, IMO, so I came up with a list of possible minipets.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Raiding with leashes Ulduar poll.

Unread post by Makoes »

Ironbound Proto-whelp, because of all the achievements for the Iron-bound proto-drake...Iron Dwarf Medium Rare is the biggest pita! Would be a nice nod to that.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Ironbound Proto-drake would be a perfect pet. I also voted for the astral ursa cub because who wouldn't want one?? It would be gorgeous though it's probably unlikely they'd be allowed to create brand new models just for RWL pets.

In the past I'd actually thought about this and decided that astral floating icosahedron thing would probably make a good pet for this particular raid. The problem is that it's since been used for player damage abilities (like that zappy orb in Talador I think?) so it would probably no longer be special.

The cub you mentioned got me thinking, though. There are astral statues of all kinds of things in Ulduar. If any could be given an animation rig they could be used for pets. Most are humanoid races that wouldn't really be fitting, but I remember at least an arcane serpent. Not sure what else. Might have to rummage through WMV for ideas :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ok I had a dig around. The icosahedron:

How about a brain of an Old God?

The statue with the arcane serpent also has some other figures in it. I have no idea how hard it would be to add a standard arcane serpent rig to this one and animate it. It'd be cool though...

Attachments
icosahedron.jpg
icosahedron.jpg (29.55 KiB) Viewed 2199 times
brain.jpg
brain.jpg (29.08 KiB) Viewed 2199 times
arcane serpent.jpg
arcane serpent.jpg (23.9 KiB) Viewed 2199 times
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Ack Wain why'd you have to post pics of that stuff, now I want them all as battle pets!

The icosahedron thing would be an obvious choice for Ulduar IMO, as the model used by Goldbloom in the Celestial Tournament (as "Chaos") but is currently unavailable to players.

As interesting a raid as Ulduar was I'd actually be more interested in what they'd come up with for ToC and ICC - I would love seeing a set of mini Northrend beasts. And a mini Marrowgar is an absolute must!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

For ToC you could have Jormungar larva there, and a Storm Peaks Runt, and/or a snobold. And a Dark Valkyr and a Crypt Lord youngling (or that might actually be a good candidate for the meta). For ICC, I'm drawing a blank (other than Minimarrowgar, I agree that's a must). The most obvious one is a skeletal whelp from Sindy, but that was the WotLK CE pet. I'd want to shoe-horn nerubian spiderlings and fliers in there somewhere, but I don't think either model actually shows up in ICC.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hmmm. For ICC I can think of heaps of critter and undead pet looks but all are just recolours of existing ones. Would be nice to have some unique or less common models.

What about a little ghoul pet, creeping and gibbering behind you? That could be fun.

One recolour I would love: on the pet tamer by Karazhan is a restless shade with a blood red aura:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66498/nights ... :id=309636
I think the aura makes it :)

Other than that, yeah, mini Marrowgar is essential :)

Thinking laterally, the Valithria encounter could allow for a green dragonflight or Emerald Dream type pet, a green dragonkin or green animated flower or something. Similarly the boat encounter would allow for something Dwarvish or Orcish, but I can't think what.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

There's a ghoul, Stinkrot, from Hyjal Summit, but it uses the older ghoul model, so the newer ghoul would work great from ICC. The blood-aura wraith would be good from the blood wing (or maybe a bat using the new bat model).
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Could have a mini version of stinkrot and precious for ICC :) Probably has a higher chance to drop than the damn ribbon...or even a pony version of invicible!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:Could have a mini version of stinkrot and precious for ICC :) Probably has a higher chance to drop than the damn ribbon...or even a pony version of invicible!!
That would be perfect. The problem is that model's already been used : the Stitched Pup which drops from Gluth in Naxx. There are a lot of things that are fitting pets but have already been done :(
Xota wrote:There's a ghoul, Stinkrot, from Hyjal Summit, but it uses the older ghoul model, so the newer ghoul would work great from ICC. The blood-aura wraith would be good from the blood wing (or maybe a bat using the new bat model).
Oh yeah, I meant the creepy little hooded guys that crawl and mumble a lot. These ones. I just looked it up and they're called geists not ghouls. Sorry! I think one would make a great pet. When you run/ride it could do its hopping thing.

Maybe a miniature Rotface or Festergut?

A miniature The Damned (skeleton with scythes for arms) would look cool, too.