Fire Festival

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Fire Festival

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

I'm trying pretty hard as a level 48 to get the captured flame pet before my game card expires on the 3rd of July. With my limit, though, because of my level, I won't get the icey elemental pet.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

i got a mini ice pet thingy from ahune
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Allua
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Allua »

No luck so far...
My husband went there wanting frost emblems and nothing more - and of course, got the pet from his second bag. Wanted to give it to me, but the item is BOP :(
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Allua wrote:No luck so far...
My husband went there wanting frost emblems and nothing more - and of course, got the pet from his second bag. Wanted to give it to me, but the item is BOP :(
Yeah that happened to me. I was just doing Ahune for the Frost badges and I opened my bag and there was some item called Ice Chip and I thought "Wtf is that?" and noticed I could use it, so I did. Oh, a pet. I bet someone really wanted that :(

Is a really boring pet too.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Anansi wrote:Is a really boring pet too.
It throws snowballs at people! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I've tried for the pet every day. I tried for scortchling since this holiday began and failed and now it seems I may on the frostling too. I'm beginning to hate this holiday. :cry:
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Bulletdance wrote:I've tried for the pet every day. I tried for scortchling since this holiday began and failed and now it seems I may on the frostling too. I'm beginning to hate this holiday. :cry:
/pat I feel your pain. :cry: RNG hates me.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Phew! Last day and I got my ice chip! Yay! Did you ahve any luck Veph? Hope you got one too.
Ibliisce
Realm: Thrall - US - Horde || Arcadia

Unread post by Ibliisce »

Vephriel wrote:
Bulletdance wrote:I've tried for the pet every day. I tried for scortchling since this holiday began and failed and now it seems I may on the frostling too. I'm beginning to hate this holiday. :cry:
/pat I feel your pain. :cry: RNG hates me.
I missed out on the Scorchling as well, ran so many alts through there to try and get a drop but it never wanted to so I feel your pain there. Managed to get this one somehow, I hope both of you get lucky before it ends!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

/sigh

I did Ahune every day but I never saw the pet. :( Not even the Scythe for consolation.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vephriel wrote:/sigh

I did Ahune every day but I never saw the pet. :( Not even the Scythe for consolation.
I did it on three characters, and all I got was a Scythe and some snowballs. I think they messed up the droprate, actually. The chip seems to have had a much lower droprate than the scorching.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope

It depends on your luck. I've gotten three pets and five scythes between all the alts I've had running....of course, I haven't gotten the pet on the toons I wanted it on... I have yet to run on Kalli today, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Hopefully next year will be better for those who missed out!

YouTube Edition

Ebonrook
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by Ebonrook »

I've had terrible luck with the Ice Chip and the scythe. I wanted the scythe for my warlock, but several of my melee, non-staff wielding, friends have got one (if not two). *Sigh* RNG hates me.

Though there is a bit of good news about the Scorchling. It is believed that it was taken out because in Cataclysm they want to have little NPC pets for each of the elements, so you might not be down and out entirely on the fireball.

Update:
I apparently jinxed myself by saying this prematurely. I got the scythe after all, on the last day, as I am seemingly inclined to do. I got my Sinister Squashling the same way. Still no pet, but at least it was something.
Last edited by Ebonrook on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I've not seen ither the sythe or the pet on any of my toons... I have my last sachette in my bag on my hunter, unopend from this morning, I'm scared to open if my little chips not in it...

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Allua
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Allua »

I got my ice chip! I had an extremely lucky Saturday, actually.

First the chip. Then, the second to last enchanting formula that I lacked (from AQ20). Then there was a raid gathering for For the Alliance! achievement, and I got in, and we actually killed Thrall which I had been trying to do since November. Got my black armoured bear! All of this in the morning, and when I logged in again in the evening, the lake was ours (a rare thing on my server) so I found myself a raid for Toravon 25 and PvP gloves dropped! And, I outrolled two hunters on them!

I don't remember having such a streak of luck for a long, long time, and it was soo nice :)
Kalliope

No pet for Kalli this year. :( Hope others had better luck!

YouTube Edition

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

I missed out on the Ice Chip, but the scythe looking staff decided to drop for me twice. One day then the next...But yesterday I finally got the courage to run into the horde cities and get those flames! Orgrimmar saw me run in the side entrance. I had a level 80 orc watch me run in to the flame, he then disappeared while two other 80's watch me kill guards, grab the flame and hearth out. Heck, one of those 80's grabbed the torch tossing quest and left me to it.

Also on my way to Thunderbluff I decided to check if Mazzranache, I turn around and on my left around 10 steps away, there he/she was. After a screenshot or two I ran north and saw a lion (Not sure if there are more lions in the zone or if it's just that one rare there). Getting closer the name The Rake popped up. Another rare which I took some screenshots of, and left them both, hopefully so some new hunters can tame them!

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

Sorry for the late post, but anyway, I was able to get my little crimson glowball before my game card expired on the 3rd. I just had to have the courage to steal the flame from some of the alliance towns.