Falcosaur Frustration

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Falcosaur Frustration

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Okay so, the direbeak falcosaur quest was up last week. (I haven't been on yet today so I don't know which ones are up this week.)

I killed that damn matriarch like four times and never did see a single orphan. Am I correct in guessing that ONLY ONE person gets to interact with it before it despawns? If that's the case, I better work on my toon on a quiet server because when I was trying to do it with my only current 110 there must've been 20 people crawling the area. If not, what's the magic trick? I ran all over the area spamming /tar Orphan over and over and never once saw it.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Falcosaur Frustration

Unread post by Wain »

No, it's (supposed to be) there for everyone, once they've killed the matriarch.

Some of them are a LONG way from the matriarch herself, so check Wowhead for their exact spawn points and go there. For this one, in Stormheim, head north out of the area and up a kind of natural ramp. At the top, look over the side, to your right. You should see the orphan down on top of a rock on the shore front. You have to jump down to reach it.

But sometimes they screw up and stay phased out no matter what. Some I had to log out and in and kill the matriarch again. Others I couldn't see no matter what and had to get on an alt. :/
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'd definitely recommend checking the coordinates from Wowhead. There were a couple I couldn't find for the life of me and probably never would have on my own because they were so much farther than I expected. So far the coordinates that other people have posted have not been wrong and I got all of my falcosaur babies.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Okay, I'll have another dredge for it. Rergh.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Also, if you haven't, don't forget to have their snack with you, or else you'll have to go back and get some!

I'll past the lists from WoWhead.

Matriarch Locations
Direbeak Matriarch, Stormheim - 79, 76
Bloodgazer Matriarch, Azsuna - 35.57, 5.66
Sharptalon Matriarch, Val'Sharah - 48.01, 9.75 (Around the backside of the Corrupted World tree)
Snowfeather Matriarch, Highmountain - 35, 21

Orphan Locations
Orphaned Direbeak, Stormheim - 79.79, 69.59
Orphaned Bloodgazer, Azsuna - 35.5, 7.5
Orphaned Sharptalon, Val'Sharah - 47, 10.5
Orphaned Snowfeather, Highmountain - 32.5, 28.2

Hatchling Food/Snack
Orphaned Bloodgazer = Azsunian Grapes
Orphaned Sharptalon = Dried Bilberries
Orphaned Snowfeather = Smoked Elderhorn
Orphaned Direbeak = Pungent Vrykul Gamalost

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I don't use a coordinates addon so the numbers are really just so much gibberish, heh.

I did find the direbeak baby but let me tell you it wasn't easy. I killed the matriarch, followed the other player up to the spot, she got hers.... and for me, it hadn't even spawned. Cue me running out, running in, running out because it still wasn't there, relogging, running in, running out... falling off a cliff and dying...

FINALLY the damn thing showed up. Although it's tinier than expected and the purple/green was basically invisible against the ground when it's dark. Eh well. They REALLY need to fix that spawning bug.

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I've only gotten the one from up in Highmountain and, dang, that little guy was pretty much impossible to see. I had to /tar orphan to spot him.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Boven wrote:I've only gotten the one from up in Highmountain and, dang, that little guy was pretty much impossible to see. I had to /tar orphan to spot him.
Turn off everything, but track beasts and just spam check your minimap that's what I did and got all 4 with my druid in cat form. The one in the place with the valykrie and the Odin dungeon is hardest to find because it can spawn on top of a large rock u need to jump down from a cliff to reach.