Companion pets with multi looks not listed on WCP

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Companion pets with multi looks not listed on WCP

Unread post by Wain »

The following is a list of minipets that have multiple appearances to collect, but are currently listed with only one look on Warcraft Pets. I've already sent WCP this list so they'll probably be corrected soon. But in the meantime, if you're a thorough collector, you can use this to find the other colours you're missing :)
(also, I'd provide WCP links but their linking system is complicated. When I have the NPC ID it's far easier to generate a Wowhead link)

OLD:
  • Glowing Sporebat : randomly changes between 2 colours: grey and blue (WCP only lists blue), so you only need to buy one. It appears as blue far less frequently (1 in 10 times). Purchased in Draenor Garrison.
NEW:
  • Amethyst Softshell : 2 looks: 1 colour, but smooth and spiked shell variants
  • Blackchasm Crawler : 2 looks: 1 colour, but smooth and spiked shell variants
  • Crimson Octopode : 2 looks: 1 colour, but with or without eyepatch
  • Junkheap Roach : 2 colours: black and purple
  • Malfunctioning Microbot : 3 looks: blue eyes, rotating red light, spray nozzle. One body colour.
  • Mechagon Marmot : 2 colours: beige and slightly reddish beige. I’m unsure the one depicted on WCP is correct for either
  • Microbot XD : 2 looks: blue eyes, rotating red light. One body colour. Blue eyes is less frequent (1 in 10)
  • Motorized Croaker : 3 colours: green, mid brown, maroon
  • Nameless Octopode : 2 looks: 1 colour, but with or without eyepatch. Eyepatch variant is much less frequent: 1 in 100!
  • OOX-35/MG : 4 colours: gold, black with green, brown, black with brown
  • Prismatic Softshell : 2 looks: 1 colour, but smooth and spiked shell variants
  • Scrapyard Tunneler : 3 colours: green, maroon and grey-brown
  • Spireshell Snail : 6 looks: composed of all combinations of 3 colours (green, yellow-brown and blue-tinted) and two shell styles (smooth and spiked)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Companion pets with multi looks not listed on WCP

Unread post by Wain »

Also, all minipets that are datamined to have different size variants. Some of these are going to be so similiar you may not notice the difference, but I know I can tell the Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchlings apart. I haven't personally checked all of them so I can't confirm they're all the scale that the database indicates.
  • Elfin Rabbit : 2 sizes for the white variant (not other colours). One is slightly smaller (scale of 0.9) but it’s probably not noticeable
  • Szechuan Chicken : 2 sizes for the white variant (not other colours). One is slightly smaller (scale of 0.9) but it’s probably not noticeable
  • Blind Rat : 1 colour, but different sizes: one is 0.8 the size of the other
  • Frostfur Rat : 1 colour, but different sizes: one is 0.8 the size of the other
  • Golden Civet Kitten : 1 colour, but different sizes: one is 0.75 the size of the other
  • Grove Viper : 1 colour, but different sizes: one is 0.75 the size of the other
  • Rattlesnake : 1 colour, but different sizes: one is 0.75 the size of the other
  • Temple Snake : 1 colour, but different sizes: one is 0.75 the size of the other
  • Leopard Tree Frog : 1 colour, but different sizes: one is 1.2 times the size of the other
  • Mongoose Pup : 1 colour, but different sizes: one is 0.75 scale and the other 0.6 (probably insignificant!)
  • Parched Lizard : 1 colour, but different sizes: one is twice the scale of the other
  • Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling : 1 colour, but 3 different sizes: scales are 0.15, 0.2 and 0.25
  • Yellow-Bellied Bullfrog : 1 colour, but 2 different sizes: one should be 1.5 times the size of the other
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

oh thanks for this--looks like I need to work on updating the wiild pet color guide...next week :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Much appreciated! This is a really great point of reference.

I've recently liberated myself by deciding to only keep 1 of each pet. It was tough for some of them, especially ones that have multiple colours I like, but ultimately it feels a lot better to me.

The thing that finally pushed my decision was the recent addition of more than 3 variants (making it impossible to keep one of each), or ridiculously rare versions that I don't want to stress about trying to get on top of the initial pet.

I also like that it leaves the one I keep feeling a bit more special. :)