leaping hatchling

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

leaping hatchling

Unread post by Siliverin »

So i takks nest spawned and i got the leaping hatchling and it is so cute! i never find any pets so i was like OMG so just thought id post about it :D it is so cute
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: leaping hatchling

Unread post by Teigan »

It is cute :) I got it for me and my husband's toon when it still dropped off Takk. Also farmed us the the ones that dropped off Dart, the Ravasaur matriach and Razormaw matriach and the deviate hatchling. It was a lot of work, but he loves raptors and I wanted the pet achivement. :D
Allua
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Allua »

They are super cute!
The evening before the patch that introduced them I logged off in the cave in Wetlands. Someone must have beaten me to the Matriarch as she wasn't there when I logged in next day, so I spent the evening camping and finally got my Razormaw Hatchling!
tramani
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: dragonblight
Location: sholazar basin , i have a little place there called the avalanche

Unread post by tramani »

i got leaping hatchling on 4 chars , i just seem to find the nest so easy , and on my dk i got the one from wc , it dropped from teh first raptor XD
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

:headbang:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

Yeah, I also got this hatchling when it dropped from Takk...In fact I got three or four of those hatchlings on the day they came out, as i'm a huge collector, I went camping for them straight away. So I obviously picked up the one from Dalaran, went to The Barrens and Takk was there so that was the leaping hatchling, went over to Dustwallow Marsh and after a few hours I got my fast hatchling (Dashing hatchling is it? Bah, I can't remember!).

But gratz, what exactly do the nests look like? Then I can go after the remaining hatchlings.

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

Yesterday I logged in to find takk the leaper right in front of me! So I went ahead and tamed him, and after I tamed him, I saw the nest was right next to where he was standing, and got the hatchling! Was it my lucky day or what?

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

thanks everyone :) i found the nest behind one of the trees backed against the muntian there. i can see why people can miss it if not looking. It looks like normal nest with a dark colored egg in it.

He is so cute no im like o.O i want a bigger version of him from zul drak!
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Hilula
Realm: Gnomeregan, US

Unread post by Hilula »

one of my friends has killed him manys a times, and gotten the hatchlings for all of my toons, but I never got one myself. I was wondering if anybody could post a screenie of em, since my friend doesn't play WoW anymore and I started a new account cause my old one was haqcked. xD I might have to thottbot it
Check out my deviantart page: http://www.RamenChicken.deviantart.com
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

He goes "Rawwwrrr" when he leaps at you. Sometimes, when you're on your mount and running, you may wonder where your little baby raptor is and then "Rawwwrrr!" from 30 yards away. He even knows how to leap high from water.
Hilula
Realm: Gnomeregan, US

Unread post by Hilula »

cute ^_^
Check out my deviantart page: http://www.RamenChicken.deviantart.com
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

The leaping and darting hatchlings are my two faves... And Roadrunner, my mulgore hatchling too. I dunno, I love that random *meep meep* behaviour! :lol:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Sarayana wrote:The leaping and darting hatchlings are my two faves... And Roadrunner, my mulgore hatchling too. I dunno, I love that random *meep meep* behaviour! :lol:
That's funny. I have the barking puppy on my ally toon that I named Calamity. If you have one of those dogs, then there's a screenshot moment along with your little roadrunner.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

kamoodle5 wrote:
Sarayana wrote:The leaping and darting hatchlings are my two faves... And Roadrunner, my mulgore hatchling too. I dunno, I love that random *meep meep* behaviour! :lol:
That's funny. I have the barking puppy on my ally toon that I named Calamity. If you have one of those dogs, then there's a screenshot moment along with your little roadrunner.
Haha you're totally right! I'll prob get one in Cata (it's between that or Ironjaw), but right now I don't have one of those pups in my stable.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

So there are 5 raptor companions????? I've got three of them! Must get more!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

zedxrgal wrote:So there are 5 raptor companions????? I've got three of them! Must get more!
There's eight.

http://warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/reptiles/raptors/

EDIT: I remember the site said both the Gundrak hatchling and the Razzashi one were considered to be very rare. Now they're just rare along with the Ravasaur hatchling.

It's too bad you can't find the baby blue raptor anywhere else. I'd say make the blue raptors in WC have a chance in dropping them. Then you get a chance of seeing that or the Deviate purple raptor.