lone hunter with the sword no longer tameable? update!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: lone hunter with the sword no longer tameable? update!

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wassa wrote:Topic on how to do kill/revive method: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7058

Basically kill the pet the moment you tame it (either with serpent sting or immo trap dot or with a high level friend helping you) and spam revive at end of tame cast. If you have no dead corpse or pet by you, relog and call/revive your new pet with a special buff. Will only work with beasts that keep their buffs after death.

So.. this could be used to get the sha-touched pets? I think they keep it after death? I always was pretty sad I couldn't get them in time.

EDIT: Just saw the dates. Bah. Shame. Hoped I could get those awesome sha-touched pets anyway. Oh well.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

Yeah, I got my hopes up for a second there, too... there is a specific pet I had wanted on my Horde hunter, since he's lower level, but never got the chance to get.

Appearance-buff pets still lose their special looks upon taming, sadly...

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Just to save everyone some time and keep everyone from getting their hopes up- the post saying the taming trick still works was posted on July 4th 2011. NOT 2014
all previous methods were hotfixed and have not worked for a very long time. They chose to hotfix this due to some hunters abusing this method. while most of us tamed a pet with a harmless cosmetic, some players were using this method to tame pets with permanent game breaking damage buffs so they had to remove the ability to tame ALL special buff pets since the honor system was obviously not an option.
as of right now there are no known ways of taming these pets again. so those who have them, keep them close and do NOT enter challenge modes, arenas or other buff-removing areas with them.
To those who have lost them- you can always ask a Gm to restore them and maybe mention they had a purely cosmetic look you would like to have back but don't get your hopes up for a positive response.
Maybe someday we can tame these again but right now the answer is no. :cry:

Scotty
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub & Hyjal (US)

Unread post by Scotty »

I should also mention, if you choose to contact a GM and they do not help you out or seem to not care, try again. I've ended up with some really snobby GM's on things, giving short and rude answers and basically acting like they hate their job big time, sent in a second totally separate ticket (not just reopen the original one) and got a different GM that was genuinely helpful, fixed the problem and even did some role play text with me.
KittyK
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by KittyK »

does anyone know if you lose the sword on server/faction transfer?