It begins! The hunt for Karoma and Sambas!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

It begins! The hunt for Karoma and Sambas!

Unread post by Krysteena »

The holidays have arrived! One day earlier than expected, but they're here! So...what shall one do in these holidays? Well. For one, I'm trying for the ancestral Phoenix. For two, I might try to get the crimson cloud serpent. For three, I'm grinding for the heavenly golden cloud serpent. For four...Karoma!

I love wolf models. It's true. I love them. Only the wolf ones, mind you. Now. My hunter is going to be taming a spirt wolf. For RP reasons, it's her guardian and the one who guides her to beast mastery. Karoma, despite never seeing him around much, holds my heart in his little ghostly paws. After shaking my head at him a thousand times, I can't deal with it anymore. I'll be camping for Karoma. As I've not got school, I'll be about for several days. I'm thinking around a week at the most, for him. Depends. Holidays don't start till tomorrow, but for family reasons it's earlier for me. So I've got some advantage.

Karoma is gorgeous, we all know it. Thing is, he's in the same zone as Sambas. So what is a hunter to do? I repeat. What is a hunter to do? Yes! We fly around and wait for both. Sambas is a funny kitty and I never liked him much. However, he's tugging at my heart strings. So from now begins my task. I'll be camping these two from today. Anyone got any spawn times for either of them? Perhaps a tip?

And
Are the two maps I'll be following. I'll go fly around for Karoma, loop around to get to Sambas' area and then head between two of Karoma's spawn points near the purple blob in the middle of the map and flutter around again.

Wish me luck guys! A guildie found both of these pets while questing. Both. I want his good luck! Karoma did avoid me for ages, but I'll be trying again now and hopefully I'll have a good chance as Sambas is also on my list to be tamed. I'll be going on holiday now. To the twilight highlands I go!

Edit---it worked! I managed ed to get the actual pictures come up instead of links! Don't mind me while I complete a happy dance. Ignore that attachment at the bottom. It's just the Sambas map :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (212.73 KiB) Viewed 2509 times
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: It begins! The hunt for Karoma and Sambas!

Unread post by Tankperson »

: toesses some luck at ya :I can't promise if it's good or bad but theres some luck.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Good luck! It's been a while since I tamed either, but if I remember correctly, they can't be trapped.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Good luck! And no, I remember being able to trap these two. I kept one on ice until a friendly troll came on by.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

They changed it at some point in the past, Novi...apparently Blizzard didn't like people "holding" these two beasts for others, so they made them untrappable.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ugh. CRZ teases me! I decide 'hey, I'll add ashtail to my hunt!' I've never seen this pretty fox in the wild despite him apparently being easier to acquire, and I've got the perfect name picked out for him. I was in Eastern Plaguelands and I thought I'll use a flight path. I also had the thought of horror. People say that they've phased in and out of realms, on flight paths, and been alerted to a rare but when they go back the rare is gone.

I laughed to myself. I bet that it would happen as I flew over. Sure enough, I saw Sambas appear on my mini map! Surprised, I made the the manliest noise I've made in a long time, and eagerly awaited get off the flight path. I head over to where he is. We're as quick as possible, Venebron eagerly flapping his wings as fast as he can. No hunters are on. Just a warrior, lvl 90. He wouldn't kill Sambas, would he?

I go to where he was. I scout a little ahead. A little behind. Panicked, I can't find him. Sambas is gone. The sandy lion, who'd fit nicely with my transmog, is gone. CRZ got me good that time. Sambas was up on another realm, and no one was around. I was phased into my own realm and the Sambas I saw, ready and waiting, was gone. This is why merging realms is simpler. I'd rather not randomly phase in and out of realms as I fly on flight paths. Gosh Sambas...I was so close.

To make matters worse, Ashtail isn't up. A respawn time of 30-90 minutes. He only has one spawn location. Never have I seen him, and I've camping for several hours. Oh well. I've got plenty of time until Draenor gets here. Karoma, Sambas and Ashtail will be mine :) just...damn you CRZ. That was cruel...
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Yeah, it happens. CRZ decided to troll me with Karoma before, but I got him a few hours later. Just gotta keep your hopes up.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Hey, look at it this way. I got hosed by CRZ when I saw a TLPD while flying to Ulduar, and of course it wasn't there when I landed.

I WAS LIVID and haven't really stepped in Storm Peaks since.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Azunara wrote:Hey, look at it this way. I got hosed by CRZ when I saw a TLPD while flying to Ulduar, and of course it wasn't there when I landed.

I WAS LIVID and haven't really stepped in Storm Peaks since.
That's just nasty. That's...CRZ got you big time. And to think no one was there for the taking. That's the worst bit I think. *pats you on the shoulder* I'd see why storm peaks isn't high on your list of areas to visit. I gave up with the TLPD too. Bleh. I've got better mounts to farm...I think.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yes! I found two of my hunted pets! Ashtail showed up a little while ago. Scared me, seeing that little blue fox slink away. Of course, Drift alerted me to his presence and the fox joined me. No pictures of him yet, but he's been called Bluestreak. Yes, from transformers. But it fits. Plus, Blue is a cute character and that's what my fox is. Cute :3

Now. Who did I get tonight? Well, I'll tell you a story. I was with Fin grinding for those dark talbuks. I then made an ally alt, called Kayro (at which I'm surprised I got the name) and after some time playing with her, I was going to go to bed. I thought, why not park myself over Karoma's spawn spots? So I do, before deciding a quick fly over can't hurt. Now, I go to pass over Sambas' areas. I'm spinning around (those spinning chairs are brilliant and a huge distraction) I'm going as far as to talk to myself before I see a silver dragon on my screen. I silver dragon with a certain lion face in it. Making odd grunting noises, I land and panic. OHMYGODITSSAMBASANDIMFLAGGEDFORPVP!!!! He attacks and I hit tame. My computer decides it'd be funny to lag out completely. Heh no.

Nothing Major happens, but Sambas is mine! I've noticed some major issues. His mane clips and looks odd when he yawns. He also has odd chest shaping when he idles. That aside, he's gorgeous and the little line of darker fur is brilliant! Gosh, the one night I thought I wouldn't get him I do, and I'm so happy for it :3 Meet Lazuli. It's his eyes. They're a stunning blue colour. A plus point? He suits my transmog a little. It's not a great picture, but I'm so tired. Image
So yes. The tally is:
Ashtail--seen:1 tamed:1
Sambas--seen:2 tamed:1
Karoma--seen:0 tamed:0
Only Karoma left, my pretty blue wolf.
I'll see if I can't grab some cool screenshots tomorrow.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Congrats on getting both Ashtail and Sambas! :D
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Thank you! I'm surprised at how much I love Sambas actually. The issues with his mane passing through his leg can be solved by the fact his mane is so fluffy :3 just Karoma left, but I may wait some time. I've got so many mounts to farm...
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

You're welcome. Yeah, Sambas is something else, I have him on two of my hunters, and he's such a loveable, fluffy goofball of a cat. Taking a break from Karoma would be a good idea, yeah, though if he remains on your mind, you could always do periodic fly-bys of his spawn areas before going off to do something else for a while.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

i had a list of all the cata rare spaw times/ect, and knowing me i lose them >.<

ill try and find it XD