Razorfen Bats becoming tamable

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Razorfen Bats becoming tamable

Unread post by Aggannor »

Just wanted to give my fellow hunter's a heads-up as new Bats in Razorfen Kraul should be becoming tamable (thought it is unsertain if this will happen before or after Warlords launch).

Anyone else hyped? :D

Source: https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/524658214718021633
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Razorfen Bats becoming tamable

Unread post by Wain »

Very cool :) There are currently no tameable green bats, so this will cover them!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

people who tamed the bats before pre-patch didnt change into the newer ones wich is a pitty. tho i hope they do when wod actualy hits.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They're entirely different NPC IDs. There's no way they can change.

Which is probably a good thing. Some people may be attached to their old look bats, but they can always tame a new one if they wish. The dungeon remains low level so it's a trivial thing to do.
vriiska
Realm: steamwheedle cartel US

Unread post by vriiska »

Yes! I hope that includes the Blind Hunter. I poked around to check but alas was saddened by what Beast Lore said.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

when I saw the vids of how blizz re-made the dung I saw blind hunter change to the frog / my silly idea was to tame him before patch thinking hed turn into the frog when patch or live hits - simaler to the ghost hydra atha was when blizz changed it.

Ahh well.. Was just another silly idea of mine lol :x
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

With the release of 6.0.3, all of the Bats in Razorfen Kraul other than Groyat have become tameable. Get em' while they're hot!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_102814_215432.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102814_215432.jpg (15.74 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
WoWScrnShot_102814_215350.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102814_215350.jpg (16.94 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PRECIOUS BABY

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sweet :) Are the bats still the same colours as we have them listed?

I wonder if more Draenor stuff has become tameable yet (most are already, but some weren't). Must go check tonight.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That's huge. Screw being in a group that has someone with something that big >.< I dunno I've never liked overly large pets in groups.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I adore bats but their models are SO huge, I admit they are one of the pets I wish was a little smaller, perhaps more along the lines of owls and vultures, but either way I'll still be picking up the dark red one as soon as it's available. :)
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Wain wrote:Sweet :) Are the bats still the same colours as we have them listed?

I wonder if more Draenor stuff has become tameable yet (most are already, but some weren't). Must go check tonight.
Vile Bat (a smaller bat that is at the entrance and before a boss in that same cave system) is using the Grey-Brown model and there's the boss, another bat, by the bonfire in there whose feeding off Agathelos the Raging's body. It's using the White model (untameable, I Beast Lore'd it to check). Also, the section where Agathelos would charge you from houses one lone and aggressive Boar Spirit. I don't remember what lvl's they were though, I didn't know that only the Cave Bat was accounted for in there ^^;;

I also killed a rarespawn bat that happened to be up where the Blind Hunter sat. I don't remember the name but it was like "somethingsomething the Blinded" or at least similar to that. I believe it was using the green model (the White one is WAY super noticeable so I'm doubtful it was that, and it definitely wasn't Red, or the unused Tan-Brown). It was surrounded by other Cave Bats and didn't really look out of place. Nearly missed it but ever since Vanilla, I've been compelled to always look in that little nook for rarespawns xD Unfortunately, again, I didn't check for its level. Or if it was tameable fcause I already had the bat I went there for .--------.

All the armored boars have been paired up with Quilboar too now, the trench is a no go, I believe the plant tentacles down there are giving off a toxic aoe cloud that does a lot of damage to people of-level to keep them out, since the quest npc's are gone from the hut over by Charlga's hut (you also can't jump down from her hut into the trench now).

And unrelated, BUT THERE ARE TRIPWIRE TRAPS NOW x________x I got caught so many times, it roots you to the ground and calls nearby Quilboar or something to jump you

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Didn't find any rare, but updated the lists with the RFK boars and bats and the RFD spiders that are now tameable.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Personally I don't mind them being bit larger, but then again, I play as Troll (most pets end up feeling just a bit too small next to me :()

Also, a fun fact: these new Bats drool. :D
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I really like this bat because it doesn't seem to make flap noises when idle.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

There is green and red tameable bats atm, the albino color seems to be a rare in WoD only since the boss wasn't tameable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Chimera wrote: I also killed a rarespawn bat that happened to be up where the Blind Hunter sat. I don't remember the name but it was like "somethingsomething the Blinded" or at least similar to that.
This is in RFK, where Groyat, the Blind Hunter is? I can't find any reference to "the blinded" in Wowhead, but there is "Eyeless". Could it have been that one? I know Wowhead displays it as red/brown ("batundead") but it could have been updated.
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Wain wrote:
Chimera wrote: I also killed a rarespawn bat that happened to be up where the Blind Hunter sat. I don't remember the name but it was like "somethingsomething the Blinded" or at least similar to that.
This is in RFK, where Groyat, the Blind Hunter is? I can't find any reference to "the blinded" in Wowhead, but there is "Eyeless". Could it have been that one? I know Wowhead displays it as red/brown ("batundead") but it could have been updated.
Mmmmmm merp, I derped xD I don't really kill low level things till I have a big mass of them built up when I'm doing lower dungeons and I messed up as to where the bats are in the cave network, apparently there are no bats around the frogs. I just ran it again right on my first run today through the dungeon to do a more detailed list of beasts in there and to see if the rare would spawn again, and it's all frogs in the corner. The rarespawn was thankfully up and it's actually a giant frog, called the Enormous Bullfrog (using a green MoP model)

If I may derail off bats regarding beasties in RFK for a quick moment, this is the list I've made up (all colors and levels I've listed are what I've been able to identify. Some colors or levels may be mistaken or slightly varied but I'm pretty sure the dungeon spawned all the varied options when I was farming it for data). Elite status also included where applicable~ Also, it seems that the Enormous Bullfrog might be a guarantee'd spawn each run, that or I've been super lucky o_O I keep seeing him, even though he has a large superior quality BoE item loot list

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle Boar (Black, Grey, and Brown Vanilla Armored Boar's) - Level 33-34 - Tameable

Young Boar (Brown, Grey, Red, and Black Vanilla Boar's) - Level 33 - Untameable - Escapes from pens after killing Kraulshaper Tukaar and despawns after a short run down the tunnels

Tamed Boar (Red, Yellow, Grey, and Brown Vanilla Boar's) - Level ?? - Untameable - Untargetable

Stampeding Boar (Red, Yellow, Grey, and Brown Vanilla Boar's) - Level 34 - Untameable - Untargetable

Vile Bat (Grey-Brown Draenor Bat) - Level 33 - Tameable

Cave Bat (Green Draenor Bat) - Level 34-35 Elite - Tameable

Groyat, the Blind Hunter (White Draenor Bat) - Level 35 Elite - Untameable

Boar Spirit (Ghostly Brown Vanilla Armored Boar) - Level 28 - Tameable - In the nook Agathelos the Raging used to reside in, only one spawn per run

Grotto Toad (Brown-Black? MoP Toad/Frog) - Level 33-34 Elite - Untameable

Enormous Bullfrog (Green MoP Toad/Frog) - Level 34 Elite Rarespawn - Untameable

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh it's a frog. Hah :) At least I know to stop looking.

Thanks for the list. All of those are on the corrections sheet except for the untargettable ones. I may add those too. I've updated the spiders in RFD, which are also tameable now.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Vephriel wrote:I adore bats but their models are SO huge, I admit they are one of the pets I wish was a little smaller, perhaps more along the lines of owls and vultures, but either way I'll still be picking up the dark red one as soon as it's available. :)
I have to disagree. In fact, I’m quite fond of these new bats’ size, I hope they don’t get reduced at all!

What’s this? Do I feel a song coming on?

[A hunter walks into the capital city auction house, proudly showing off her new pet from Razorfen Kraul. The other players can only stand motionless and gasp in amazement.]

Oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bat.
It is so big.
It looks like one of those raid bosses' trash mobs.
But, you know, who understands those raid bosses?
They only talk to her, because, she looks like a total badass, 'kay?
I mean, her bat, is just so big.
I can't believe it— its, like, wings are so out there, I mean— gross. Look!
It's just so... huge!

I like big bats and I can not lie
You other hunters can't deny
That when a dwarf walks in with max spell haste
And a giant Chiroptera in your face
You get scared, wanna pull out your buffs
Cause you notice that bat was stuffed-
That same old pet she was taming
I’m afraid that it can’t stop maiming
Oh baby, I wanna tame ya
Can’t say I blame ya
I oughta make room in my stable