An addon idea . . .

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

An addon idea . . .

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

So, I have an idea.

After acknowledging the wondrous amount of work that's been put and is still being put into PetEmote, I was wondering if someone could create an addon (or two separate addons) that would re-implement both pet happiness and pet loyalty into the game.

Of course, said addon(s); if they were ever to be conceived, would never be able to affect the player's DPS as they originally did and would instead be purely cosmetic and roleplaying instruments.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: An addon idea . . .

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:So, I have an idea.

After acknowledging the wondrous amount of work that's been put and is still being put into PetEmote, I was wondering if someone could create an addon (or two separate addons) that would re-implement both pet happiness and pet loyalty into the game.

Of course, said addon(s); if they were ever to be conceived, would never be able to affect the player's DPS as they originally did and would instead be purely cosmetic and roleplaying instruments.
I really don't know if Blizzard would allow it. It would change gameplay even if not in a combat beneficial way.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Danielfboone wrote:
Crotalus Horridus wrote:So, I have an idea.

I really don't know if Blizzard would allow it. It would change gameplay even if not in a combat beneficial way.
^ Pretty much this.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It would be like a mini game within the game? Like Tamagochi. Keep your pet happy you get better emotes?

Interesting idea anyway. Maybe they'd allow it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Wain wrote:It would be like a mini game within the game? Like Tamagochi. Keep your pet happy you get better emotes?

Interesting idea anyway. Maybe they'd allow it.
There are a number of pet emotes that involve pet happiness, so I don't see why they couldn't sync together.