Trigore the Lasher

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
InfernalEnt
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: Trigore the Lasher

Unread post by InfernalEnt »

FINALLY tamed him after many many 12 hour camping sessions on US-Proudmoore at 11:07 pm, good luck fellow hunters :D
Lemons
Realm: Sentinels

Unread post by Lemons »

Gulnarr wrote:Wait, I thought Blizzard altering the cache system meant that NPC scan wouldn't give warnings anymore. How'd you get it to work again?
I deleted my entire old npcscan file from my addons files and re-downloaded the updated version. They updated npcscan for the new patch :)
Gulnarr

Unread post by Gulnarr »

Lemons wrote: I deleted my entire old npcscan file from my addons files and re-downloaded the updated version. They updated npcscan for the new patch :)
The way I understood it was that Blizzard altered how their entire cache system worked, so NPCscan would never work that way again. So was that untrue - you didn't push a targeting macro or anything and the warning just went off when he spawned near you?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pfft...people will always find ways around things. Files will always be accessible somehow, someway cause they're needed to make stuff work.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Gulnarr

Unread post by Gulnarr »

Just tamed on Turalyon at 6:04 AM. NPCscan didn't work for me though, and I downloaded the latest version earlier tonight. I got the warning as soon as I moused over him, but he spawned right in front of me with no warning until that mouseover.
Lemons

Unread post by Lemons »

Gulnarr wrote:
Lemons wrote: I deleted my entire old npcscan file from my addons files and re-downloaded the updated version. They updated npcscan for the new patch :)
The way I understood it was that Blizzard altered how their entire cache system worked, so NPCscan would never work that way again. So was that untrue - you didn't push a targeting macro or anything and the warning just went off when he spawned near you?
Oh, well maybe my mouse was just left near the spot he spawned and I got lucky, I'm not sure. All I know is I did redownload the new one, and npcscan has continued to pop for me on numerous rates. It didn't work for me at all the first time he spawned, when he was killed while I was afk, but I cleared my cache and it worked the second time while I was out of the room. No macros or anything, like I said, I was upstairs doing my makeup when the npcscan horn sounds went off. Sorry I couldn't be more help! :(
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Just curious, so don't blow up on me or anything...

But isn't NPC scan now considered like an exploit or something? I guess it wouldn't really be an exploit.. That's the wrong term.. But.. Hack is too strong of a word.
The only reason I would even consider it to be something even remotely close to this, is because Blizzard PURPOSEFULLY changed it so NPCscan wouldn't work, making it clear they don't want it around. Which... wouldn't that mean it would be on the same grounds as say... *tries to think of example that isn't too extreme.* ...Peerblock maybe?

Siggy under construction!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Bowno wrote:Just curious, so don't blow up on me or anything...

But isn't NPC scan now considered like an exploit or something? I guess it wouldn't really be an exploit.. That's the wrong term.. But.. Hack is too strong of a word.
The only reason I would even consider it to be something even remotely close to this, is because Blizzard PURPOSEFULLY changed it so NPCscan wouldn't work, making it clear they don't want it around. Which... wouldn't that mean it would be on the same grounds as say... *tries to think of example that isn't too extreme.* ...Peerblock maybe?
That depends on your view. I never used NPCScan because it gave me an advantage over those who don't have it (although some tried to convince me it wasn't an advantage). Is that the word you're thinking of? Advantage?
I'm glad Blizzard got rid of it/made it so it wouldn't work. They've changed the way rares work now anyway, with skulls on the screen which everyone has.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Kayro wrote: That depends on your view. I never used NPCScan because it gave me an advantage over those who don't have it (although some tried to convince me it wasn't an advantage). Is that the word you're thinking of? Advantage?
I'm glad Blizzard got rid of it/made it so it wouldn't work. They've changed the way rares work now anyway, with skulls on the screen which everyone has.
That might be a good word for it. I never used it too (well, I take that back. I tried it once just because I wanted to see what it was like.. It didn't work so I took it off xD)
I'm glad they got rid of it too, honestly. I can see why it's nice for hunters.. But it gets a bit ridiculous when they're just used for farming all the rares. Good luck killing something for one of those fun vanity items, because chances are a person with NPCscan has already rolled through there X_X
I like the little skulls though! Since everyone is able to see them, it seems quite a bit more fair. But is that only for Pandaria and up? Cause I haven't seen skulls for old world spawns.

Siggy under construction!

Lemons

Unread post by Lemons »

I suppose its all a matter of opinion. I love npcscan and will continue to keep using it *shrug*. Until blizz makes it "illegal" that is. Its helpful and works well. You can just as easily make macros to target rares around the areas when farming/camping, all npcscan does differently is make a sound when it notices them. Its not like it tells me WHEN they will spawn or the EXACT location it will spawn at, you still have to go actually find the rare and be lucky enough to have it spawn for you. Like I said, the only "advantage" I had was the horn sounds to alert me.
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane-Malfurion and many others

Unread post by onenation777 »

Just tamed at 9:56 PM on Exodar-US
I used both Silver Dragon and NPC Scan and both went off when he spawned. I must have been in the right place at the right time as my mouse was hovering right where he spawned. A friend and I had been camping this beautiful hydra for days now and he got his tame earlier Saturday Morning. My tame occurred just after 19 hours after my friend's one.

Now, I need to get some sleep. And to any hunters that are determined or lucky enough to get this rare, he is most definitely worth the camp. Happy Hunting!!
Last edited by onenation777 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

InfernalEnt wrote:FINALLY tamed him after many many 12 hour camping sessions on US-Proudmoore at 11:07 pm, good luck fellow hunters :D
Grats! Saw you camping the other day, I'm glad you got yours. :hug:

At least now I have a reference point to work from.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

NPCScan is still allowed to be used so no, it's not an exploit. It does still work, just not as well as it used to. :P

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Ickabob »

Damn still no Trigore for me. I think daylight savings time switchover messed me up. That and the fact that he's been documented to spawn at the 20, 24, 30, and 36 hour marks.

Hell, don't even get me started on how CRZ makes this harder than it should be.... >_<
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

For what it's worth there will be no more "Farming" for rares anymore, at all. Blizzard has totally changed how they work.

They spawn as Silver Rare, once. You kill it - the drop is 100% - and it will never ever spawn as rare for you again, nor will it drop anything for you ever again.

You can see it, sure. It will not have a skull. It will not have a Silver Elite icon. It will just be there - and NO loot will drop, ever again.

This is brilliant.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

jensketch wrote:For what it's worth there will be no more "Farming" for rares anymore, at all. Blizzard has totally changed how they work.

They spawn as Silver Rare, once. You kill it - the drop is 100% - and it will never ever spawn as rare for you again, nor will it drop anything for you ever again.

You can see it, sure. It will not have a skull. It will not have a Silver Elite icon. It will just be there - and NO loot will drop, ever again.

This is brilliant.
Huh? Or is this a spoof.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

jensketch wrote:For what it's worth there will be no more "Farming" for rares anymore, at all. Blizzard has totally changed how they work.

This is brilliant.
Say whaaat!?

As awesome as this sounds, I'd hope a solution would be made to end the griefing. When it comes to rares like Trigore, players are usually making the kill to spite and inconvienence others (now that he's a highly sought after tamable mob), not to gather his phat lootz.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

This is brilliant.
As far as I know, that applies to WoD rares only, everything else hasn't changed at all.
ImageImage
caren1221
Realm: Stormscale

Unread post by caren1221 »

Just tamed Trigore on Stormscale 11/5/14 @ 5:20pm est
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Ickabob »

The hunt continues! I swear this little bugger likes to spawn while I'm either sleeping or raiding.

FML :x