Got my Gara :D

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Got my Gara :D

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Well still can't get the lantern even if I freeze the wolf and use a Spirit Beast. The trap doesn't hold long enough at my level 93. I got the guy down to 13k once but that was my best. Asked for help in chat but nobody answered. I guess I have to wait a bit longer, probably until at least 96.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

If you're really having problems yes, wait until you're a higher level to make it easier. Otherwise as far as the lantern, I had no problem getting in with a combo of FD and deterrence. Found a likely candidate standing by himself (probably the same one the others pointed out) then prioritized totems (he has 2), then the guy, then his wolf pet. I didn't trap or wyvern the wolf but it does a bit of damage so if you can keep him off your pet, it's probably better.

A second guy aggroed on me at the end of the fight so I just kept everything on my pet and cleaved it all down.

I did use a spirit beast but I took very little damage so I think a shale spider would've been an even better choice, for shield + stats.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

The Void Wolf does a LOT of damage to me and my pet. I think every time I've died it was from the wolf. I'm trying to kill the one that patrols back and forth on the ledge.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

WOOT ! I got her at 94 after picking a different Void guy to get the lantern from. I only had to kill 2 Voidcallers to get Xan to spawn and then Gara helped me kill him which was pretty easy.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Yay! Glad to see you finally get over those roadblocks for your Gara. :D Sounded like it was being super rough for ya.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Thwip wrote:Yay! Glad to see you finally get over those roadblocks for your Gara. :D Sounded like it was being super rough for ya.
Only the lantern part really. It's really hard to trap the wolf of the guy that patrols down along the ridge. I camouflaged up where there was one just standing still, killed a patrolling warrior that caused a problem, and then trapped the wolf with my Loque on passive so I could pull the guy away from the trap and not break it, pulled him towards me with an autoshot, and then burned him down. I didn't even bother with switching to the totems since fast target switching is not one of my strong points. I had to heal once with Spirit Mend and cast Mend pet a couple of times because right after he died the wolf broke the trap and then I had to kill it. I had previously actually killed the patrolling guy but then got killed by the wolf. I figured "Okay, I'll just run back, rez, and loot the body". No dice. In the short time it took to jump down from the graveyard, drop onto the ledge and rez, the body was already gone.

All the other parts were easier. I did die a few times getting the other items or just getting to the areas where they were dropped but it was the lantern that was the roadblock.

I have had her out continuously since getting her and I have yet to see another Hunter on my server running with one. Neither before nor after I got her. Of course a lot of them are not BM specced anyway.
Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

Danielfboone wrote:
Thwip wrote:I have had her out continuously since getting her and I have yet to see another Hunter on my server running with one. Neither before nor after I got her. Of course a lot of them are not BM specced anyway.
Grats! Now download Handy Notes and the Dreanor plug in and start treasure hunting and getting free gear! :headbang:

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I have used Handy Notes for a long time.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Woop, woop, did the thing! Today was the day. :D

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

I love the hunter community! I got assistance twice on Gara -- once from an Alliance hunter who already had Gara and saw me spinning around in circles trying to find the grave... very kindly helped point me in the right direction. A few hours later, a fellow Gara-hunter and I crossed paths while getting the lantern in Level 100 Shadowmoon. We grouped up for the remainder of the questline, and we both got our lovely tames. I promise to pay it forward when I can!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I finally saw another Hunter on my server with Gara. It was a lvl 96 Goblin. I'm still the only Ally player I have seen with her.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

At level 91, I got all the way up til I had to get the void lantern and hit a wall. I can't even put a dent in these level 100 mobs. *cry*

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

What some of these guys are leaving out is that they were almost ilvl600 when they started, its not so much that they're some sort of hunter gods and can do things that are just impossible for the common players to do, it's that they raided and got such high gear that they're face rolling much of it with out effort. That's not meant to diminish their efforts, I'm just pointing out that a few people here posted something to the effect of 'Got her at 92, and then you see their Ilvl was 580+

Also remember, just because someone says they solo'd lvl 100 elites at 90, doesn't mean they DID. I'm not saying it's impossible, but there's people on the internet that will sell you planets and the Brooklyn bridge. Just because they're standing there with it, doesn't mean there wasn't a lvl 100 hunter that got off screen for the screen cap.

I'm NOT saying any individual here is telling untruths. I'm just pointing out, it's the internet. It's been known to happen once or twice. ;)

Don't let other's stuff discourage you.

I tamed her tonight, I had read the guide on Eyes Of The Beast, that said with the lvl 100 elites, you'd probably need to be 100 to do it. I'd gathered most of the parts already and at 90 came here and read a few posts. Seeing others complete it at lower levels I gave it a try. As others have posted, it's doable before 100. Depending on your skill and gear, will dictate how far below 100 you could be.

The only part that slowed me down was the void twisters. As someone above pointed out, drop the totem when he drops it as it reduces your DPS. They do hit pretty hard. I took some damage but didn't die.

Once you get to the end, make sure you're picking the guys with 200K not 2.2M health. Take your time.

She's a beautiful wolf and I'm glad to have her, and now that I do, I don't feel the rush to get to max lvl (Which was the only reason I was rushing anyway) I can enjoy the game and zones now. Image

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I've been attending some mandatory training for the past few days and as a result, haven't gotten around to visiting Petopia since Monday.

But Tuesday evening, after I got home, I decided to get off my butt and go after Gara. My hunter was 97 at the start, but dinged 98 when I killed the Orc for the lantern. It took me a while to get the the boss to spawn in SMV. Partly, that was because twice I guess I went too far away from the tree and returned to the 'real' world. The third time in, after killing around a dozen of the void walkers (Those 1.2 million health ones are a pain), Xan finally decided to put in an appearance. Heck, he was almost on top of me. From there it was smooth sailing.

Contrary to my usual practice, I actually named my new spirit beast Gara. I don't normally give pets the same name they had when 'wild,' but I kinda feel that, in this case, I'm taking on responsibility for a pet that belonged to someone else.
Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

I also soloed my Gara at level 91, but "server first," is quite an assumption. I don't think there's anyway you can really know that you were server first or prove otherwise............

To the people saying the void twisters can't be done at 90/91-that's just untrue. Please don't spread misinformation. I tried to kill the elite 100 at 90 and couldn't do it so I levelled to 91 and was able to get him down after many attempts and basically using every dps trick in the book. There is a spot where you can sit and wait for a patrol without aggroing any of the other mobs in the area. My ilvl was only 560.

Just because some players were able to do something you can't does not make them "liars."
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I just got Gara at 93, I ended up asking a friend to come kill those guys so I could get the lantern. The voids were super easy if you just kill the callers. I was using a shale spider but pretty much never used it's damage reduction ability. It took me 19 voids before Xan spawns, I almost ran out of my void buff!

That was a fun quest thing, I really enjoyed it. I hope they think about doing this more often.

Also, I named my Gara "Mayonaka" which means "dead of night" (I got the idea from Veph heh).
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Got mine last night. <3 Lvl 94. Asked my lvl 100 fiance to help me get the lantern. Honestly, the lantern is the hardest part, imho.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine