Its Gone....

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Its Gone....

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ah yeah. Colorblind people would have a hard time with seeing the tracks cause...well...grey on grey just doesn't stand out. Bright side, you could always ask for help. I'd always be happy to help if you needed it. ^^

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

:-) thanks for the offer... but I'm so in love with my silver crab that I simply can't picture any other pet replacing him.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Hee. It's always amazing to find that ONE pet you'll never be without. <3

LisaaraPokefarm

Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

I agree with the OP. I liked the thrill of the hunt finding that rare special pet. That said, I have every spirit beast (aside from the stupid looking porcupines) and I don't mind having a break from the pet hunting. There's a good chance that a new rare pet will be added in a future patch or future expansion. It would be really cool if they did another hunter quest but made it challenging similar to the warlock green fire quest.

The new raptor model looks awesome so my fingers are crossed for a spectral/flashy/spirit beast version.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd love a spirit beast version, but I'd rather it not be a camp. I'd rather it be MoP style.

LisaaraPokefarm

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

I don't really bond to pets based on how rare they are. Some of my most cherished pets are extremely common. I prefer the quest or tracking type tames and wouldn't mind more MoP style tracking tames but maybe make them a bit more rare this time. Not vanilla rare rare but not as fast a respawn as the MoP pets are. I'm not completely against long spawn time rares but it just doesn't really feel like "hunting". Esp not if you just sit in one spot. Having to check multiple spots, well, that's a bit more like hunting I guess.

Loque was the first rare I camped and searched for. I'll never forget jumping out of my seat the first time I ever heard NPC scan blare in my ear, fat fingering all the buttons in my haste to tame him, and how happy I felt to have him. I've camped for other rares since but none have been as special as that first time. I'd be OK with having some new ones but not at the expense of the new ways of taming like quests and tracking.
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

What I'm not fond of?
Hours of camping and freting.
People ganking your tame Just to grif you.
People trying to steal your tame from you
People holding tames for ransom. (yes such happend with Lok, the first ever spirit beast, got so bad GM's had to get involved)

Personally, the hunt was worse.. I'm glad it's not that way in WOD and hope it remains that way. Let unique tames be challange tame instead. Like the hidden pets in WOD or quick respawn yet hard to tame methoods like the spiritpines. Or the quest for Gara.

I am so done with RARE rare tames...

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Eh, honestly? Being 'rare' or hard to get isn't going to stop a pet from being prevalent or used a lot. I still see a ton of Loques, skolls, arcturiseseses, etc all over. Gara is the new popular one. Frankly, I love my purple wolf - so yeah, I'm gonna be legion.

WoW has such big numbers that being 'special' is gonna be tough.

I say, just go with what you like.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

You want a camp/challenge tame with a new pet in WoD, get yourself ported over to a medium-high to high pop server (bonus round if you do Kil'jaeden or Stormrage or something and you do it during peak hours) and try to tame Amaukwa ;P Seriously, I'm on a low pop server on my hunter and it took me til yesterday to see the bloody thing, let alone have free reign to make it mine ;P)

I dunno. I'm not a fan of the "long respawn, multiple spawn points" system. Never have been, probably never will be. Gara doesn't really count as a challenge tame because I don't think any part of her questline is really difficult (at least now that we know how to do it), it's just kind of tedious... but if there has to be some sort of sluice on a unique pet look, challenge tames (in the spider sense or the porcupine sense or even in the Gara sense) are far, far more appealing to me than long spawns. Nine times out of ten I won't really participate either way since I'm reasonably happy with my stable (except my lack of non-BM stats pets, sigh) and don't often feel the need to go pick up the Latest Hot New Thing.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I really loved the tracking style rares in MoP and I hope they add a few like that in WoD. But anything that leaves my tame open to being ganked is not my idea of fun (I don't mind long spawn times as I don't camp - I just check the spawn point often, I found all my long spawn pets that way.) I did like the challenge tames from Cata and MoP, though again, they set me on edge with the worry of someone coming along and ruining it just to be mean. I only just now went after the red spirit porcupine only because everyone is in Draenor and I knew I could do it in peace (he's actually the first SB I feel "bonded" to! :D).

I haven't set foot in Draenor yet (though I will be very soon!) but I'm looking forward to grabbing all the pets I want A.S.A.P. I'm pretty sure they will put in a few different tames along the way in the xpac for variety. I'd be surprised if they didn't.
Sabrewulff

Unread post by Sabrewulff »

Twila wrote:What I'm not fond of?
People holding tames for ransom. (yes such happend with Lok, the first ever spirit beast, got so bad GM's had to get involved)

Personally, the hunt was worse.. I'm glad it's not that way in WOD and hope it remains that way. Let unique tames be challange tame instead. Like the hidden pets in WOD or quick respawn yet hard to tame methoods like the spiritpines. Or the quest for Gara.

So you want everything handed to you?
You are the only one making it hours of camping a lot of the thrill just comes from a lucky pass
Its a online game... If your honestly letting people like that get to you you should not play
its a competitive game
well if a person was lucky enough to find it they can do whatever they plz with the spawn

Cant really call us hunters if they take the hunt out of it just saying
Im not saying that the challenge/quests tames are not fun and should be removed but by taking rare spawns out you are only accommodating to the people that like stuff handed to them, why cant there be both
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Long respawn timers cause more good than bad. They meant people would hold pets for others, when it should be fair game. Trigore, for example, was horrendous. People suddenly turn into dicks, being rude about you camping, and will steal tames from you. I fail to see how removing it is a bad thing.
Edit:
Gara is more hunt orientated than Loque. For Gara, you had to go to certain places, do this, pick up that. You'd hunt for her items, and you felt connected to her by the time you tamed her. Loque, or any other rare for that matter, is just sitting there, hoping for some luck. Pandarian rares were hunt orientated. You had to go out and find their tracks, which was a cool feature!
If it's the hunt you're after, wow developers have sorted that out. Not many around, but it's better than sitting and waiting for something to spawn.
Last edited by Krysteena on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novikova

Sabrewulff wrote:
Twila wrote:What I'm not fond of?

So you want everything handed to you?
You are the only one making it hours of camping a lot of the thrill just comes from a lucky pass
Its a online game... If your honestly letting people like that get to you you should not play
its a competitive game
well if a person was lucky enough to find it they can do whatever they plz with the spawn

Cant really call us hunters if they take the hunt out of it just saying
Im not saying that the challenge/quests tames are not fun and should be removed but by taking rare spawns out you are only accommodating to the people that like stuff handed to them, why cant there be both
What Kayro said.

And honestly, it's not 'handing' anything to anyone. Mobs can still get killed from beneath you. You still have to go to the mob, tame it and survive.

It's not 'hunting' if you have to sit and wait for hours. It's not 'hunting' if you lose it to some dingus with distracting shot. It's not 'hunting' if you can't stop another hunter from killing it before your tame completes. It's not 'hunting' if some wanker decides to hold the thing ransom to the point GMs have to intervene.

I really don't get the 'it's being HANDED TO YOU!' mentality. It's up there with 'welfare epics' for phrases that weird me out. It's a game. Not a job. Challenge shouldn't come from 'I'm sitting in a spot for hours, hoping no one kills this thing'. People are going to get frustrated if hours of effort get foiled by some douchecanoe, even if they're normally even headed 99.9% of the time.

To me, a hunt is a questline. A hunt is tracking. Not 'man, I wish NPCscan would go off so I can go do something else and be done with this so I can stop worrying when someone parks next to me here or spits on me'.

Lucky passes don't work on a lot of servers (especially medium and high pop ones). Hell, I did fly bys on Skoll for 2 years. 2. Freaking. YEARS. If all the spawn points are camped, good luck with that. And if you want some of the downsides of long spawn timers, check out the Trigore threads. Or the consolation corner. Competition turns people into dicks.

Difficulty should not come from other people with no way to deal with it. There's literally NOTHING you can do about it on a PvE server if the guy is same faction or not flagged.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Novikova wrote: What Kayro said.

And honestly, it's not 'handing' anything to anyone. Mobs can still get killed from beneath you. You still have to go to the mob, tame it and survive.

It's not 'hunting' if you have to sit and wait for hours. It's not 'hunting' if you lose it to some dingus with distracting shot. It's not 'hunting' if you can't stop another hunter from killing it before your tame completes. It's not 'hunting' if some wanker decides to hold the thing ransom to the point GMs have to intervene.

I really don't get the 'it's being HANDED TO YOU!' mentality. It's up there with 'welfare epics' for phrases that weird me out. It's a game. Not a job. Challenge shouldn't come from 'I'm sitting in a spot for hours, hoping no one kills this thing'. People are going to get frustrated if hours of effort get foiled by some douchecanoe, even if they're normally even headed 99.9% of the time.

To me, a hunt is a questline. A hunt is tracking. Not 'man, I wish NPCscan would go off so I can go do something else and be done with this so I can stop worrying when someone parks next to me here or spits on me'.

Lucky passes don't work on a lot of servers (especially medium and high pop ones). Hell, I did fly bys on Skoll for 2 years. 2. Freaking. YEARS. If all the spawn points are camped, good luck with that. And if you want some of the downsides of long spawn timers, check out the Trigore threads. Or the consolation corner. Competition turns people into dicks.

Difficulty should not come from other people with no way to deal with it. There's literally NOTHING you can do about it on a PvE server if the guy is same faction or not flagged.
100% this, could not of been said it better. The tracking tames were the real 'hunt' not waiting for a spirit beast to spawn or having some idiot kill your tame cause they can. Believe it or not Blizzard doesn't like people just sitting in game waiting for a spawn - hence the new rares. Yes it is a "thrill" to see a rare but 9/10 if you really want that pet you won't be leaving it to chance...and even then some douchecannoe can come along and ruin hours of camping. The thrill of the hunt might be your thing but it isn't necessarily others.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Sabrewulff

Novikova wrote:
Sabrewulff wrote:
Twila wrote:What Kayro said.

Have you ever gone out hunting before?
i dont know how to tell you this but that is hunting lol
Castile wrote:
Novikova wrote: What Kayro said.

Believe it or not Blizzard doesn't like people just sitting in game waiting for a spawn
yea i chose not to believe that because that can be debunked by rare spawns that drop mounts
Novikova

Yeah, I've gone hunting RL if that's what you mean. Just because people don't like douchebags having the power to waste their time and effort doesn't mean they want hand outs.

And the rare spawns that drop mounts give them to *everyone* who tags them. AAAH! Welfare mounts! :O

Sabrewulff

Novikova wrote:Yeah, I've gone hunting RL if that's what you mean. Just because people don't like douchebags having the power to waste their time and effort doesn't mean they want hand outs.

And the rare spawns that drop mounts give them to *everyone* who tags them. AAAH! Welfare mounts! :O
not every sever has douchebags that do that
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Actually, all servers do. There's a bad apple on every server. You may have been fortunate enough to not bump into them but as someone that's moved around several times, I've managed to find a bad apple on every server I've been on more than once.

Also, MMOs are not competitive unless you're into PVP. That's what arenas and special tournaments are for, not for hunter tames. MMOs are supposed to be fun for all, not fun for just one. Also real hunting has you tracking down things too if you're a good hunter. You're not sitting there for 16 hours doing nothing. I had a neighbor that hunted deer for sport and he often talked about what it took to bring in the prize buck. Trust me, sitting around was the least thing he did.

LisaaraPokefarm

Sabrewulff

Junrei wrote:Actually, all servers do. There's a bad apple on every server. You may have been fortunate enough to not bump into them but as someone that's moved around several times, I've managed to find a bad apple on every server I've been on more than once.

Also, MMOs are not competitive unless you're into PVP. That's what arenas and special tournaments are for, not for hunter tames. MMOs are supposed to be fun for all, not fun for just one. Also real hunting has you tracking down things too if you're a good hunter. You're not sitting there for 16 hours doing nothing. I had a neighbor that hunted deer for sport and he often talked about what it took to bring in the prize buck. Trust me, sitting around was the least thing he did.

/facepalm

again... you are the only one making it a 16 hour wait not everyone that collects rares sits there the whole time waiting for it and those that do 9 times out of ten don't mind it because they always say its worth the wait.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

I never enjoyed the sitting there and to me Wasting time but I prefered it to the track system. That track system irked me every fricken time I wanted a decent pet. I didn't get a rare in MoP till Portent and that was with someone having already found him. Though I just did the Gara tame and I gotta say I like that idea it was fun and had a bit of a story behind it.

To those wanting a spirit beast raptor style I would be for that.