Gara without data mining?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Gara without data mining?

Unread post by Sesamee »

Without the ability to data mine before an xpac is released how in the world would we have been able to figure out the quest line to get Gara? It's not really a very involved quest line, kill some mobs, collect stuff around the zones, then kill a boss, tame Gara but I just cannot for the life of me think we would have our Garas if not for data mining.

Oh and a special TY goes out to all the beta hunters and esp Eyes of the Beast blog for figuring this out for us! I didn't use my beta key this time so I could be surprised but I would have loved to help sleuth this one out! :)
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Gara without data mining?

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I would have never figured it out. I would have seen the wolf by the grave, clicked on it once, and probably moved on. Honestly, it needed more information given during the whole process. I don't feel it was that well done at all.
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Re: Gara without data mining?

Unread post by Akyo »

yeah without datamineing we wouldnt have figured it out as there is no hints given on what to do next.
So i have to agree with the person above me in that i too think it wasent that well done.

Dont get me wrong its nice haveing to put an effort into getting a pet now and then but not even getting a hint on what to do...neh

Its like putting a person in a unknown mansion and expecting them to get that and that from different rooms, make something neat out of them then use it for something practical with another item from somewhere else in the house for then to deal with the mansions mean dog/cat, THEN to get a reward. All without actually saying anything to that person.
One would have to be a mindreader.
In our case we have our mindreaders(dataminers) thank god.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so