Its Gone....

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sabrewulff

Re: Its Gone....

Unread post by Sabrewulff »

Yea like i said the Gara tame was fun and i would like to see more like that. I as well as a lot of hunters also appreciate the rare spawns ( that are actual rare spawns ) because it adds a little uniqueness to a pet that you where lucky enough to find instead of finding one and seeing every hunter on the server with one because of its 30 sec respawn timer. Its really this simple If You Don't Want To Wait For A Rare Pet To Spawn Then Don't...... Why punish those who enjoy the hunt simply because there are people out there that don't?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

The point we're trying to make is that every hunter on the server probably has those exact same pets. Rare spawn or not. That won't make a difference. Loque'nahak and Skoll are perfect examples. Every hunter and their mama has one or had atleast once.

Also, I did the 16 - 24 hr camp....and I do mind it. I didn't like to do it but I did it anyway. I can guarantee you most hunters have that same feeling. Very few actually like the long camp. If you want something bad enough, you're willing to do things you despise doing to get it more often than not. Just because someone is willing to do it doesn't mean they like or want to do it. Often times, they feel like they have to do it or else they'll never get it. I never got those long spawn pets without camping. I've tried not doing it and never saw the spawns ever. When I camped, I got them. So with that experience, I feel like I have to camp if I want it. Blizz, for once, is catering to those of us that don't like those camps or can't do those camps due to life outside of the game. It's not a punishment to anyone.
Last edited by Lisaara on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'm kinda not getting your point now...how are you being punished? It's not like rares spawns don't exsist anymore they just aren't adding them to new content anymore because its an outdated way to have rare pets. You can still "hunt" in Northrend, Outlands and Vanilla areas if you REALLy want to...no ones stopping you doing that.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Sabrewulff

Junrei wrote:The point we're trying to make is that every hunter on the server probably has those exact same pets. Rare spawn or not. That won't make a difference. Loque'nahak and Skoll are perfect examples. Every hunter and their mama has one or had atleast once.
That's not a very valid point. When these pets first came out they where rare it took till the next exp till these became common.
Castile wrote:I'm kinda not getting your point now...how are you being punished? It's not like rares spawns don't exsist anymore they just aren't adding them to new content anymore because its an outdated way to have rare pets. You can still "hunt" in Northrend, Outlands and Vanilla areas if you REALLy want to...no ones stopping you doing that.

With that logic why even bother past doing anything past BC since that is arguably the best exp. and obviously its not that outdated because they have rare spawns that have nice drops that people are willing to farm.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Why bother doing past BC? That's opinionated mate. Personally I hated BC and if I could I'd skip it whenever I levelled characters. Loads of people hated BC, but some loved it.

Gara. I've seen at least seven people with her now. It's only a week or so into the expac. She's rare and can be deemed a hunt, and a load of people have her. She's unique, but as more and more people get her she becomes less so. Whatever you've got, someone has already had. Unless you're the first person, but we won't count that detail.
Sabrewulff

It takes less than a half hour to gather the items you need to get to her you guaranteed the tame that's hardly rare, i don't Know where your getting this loads hated BC info from but some one is obviously giving you false info lol, and yes some one or two will have it but a majority wont.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Say what? It took me hours to gather stuff...cause I made it a challenge for myself by trying to do it at 91. Blizz doesn't have to make things specifically for you when the majority seem to swing the other way. There's plenty of ways to make challenges for you but all in all....no pet is a special snowflake. None. Someones got it somewhere.

Also you're mistaken, I believe. During Wrath, I saw a lot of hunters have Loque. Infact, I never saw any other pet besides these four: Loque, Skoll, a devilsaur, and a wolf. That was it. That was during current content. I was raiding ICC25 on my druid and had a hunter of my own at the time too. I always got ragged on if I didn't bring one of those four, let alone playing BM in general back then.

So lets go through the trends....

Vanilla: Broken Tooth
BC: I'm not sure on this one. I'm sure someone here remembers this. I didn't pay any mind to hunters at this time.
Wrath: Loque, Skoll, wolf, devilsaur
Cata: Sambas, Karoma, Ban'thalos, Skarr, Deth'tilac
Pandaria: the white tiger track tame, Portent
WoD(so far) : Gara, hydras

There's always going to be a trendy pet. Gara just happens to be it right now as well as hydras galore. These were all the 'got to have' popular pets of each expansion during its current time. Not after. Not before. Only during.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

These threads always come down to the same "rare" argument. There's no such thing, folks. The most common stable I ever see is one stuffed with every rarespawn or trick tame pet they can get their hands on. It's gotten to the point where I find common, not-shiny pets to be far more rare, because no hunters ever bother going after them.

If you like hunting rares, then have fun with it- but don't go saying that your stable is somehow more elite than other people's because it took a little longer to tame them.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Definitely agreed, Lupis. My pets, personally, are all special cause I deem them so and they often have a small backstory to why they're with my hunter.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Junrei wrote: So lets go through the trends....

Vanilla: Broken Tooth
BC: I'm not sure on this one. I'm sure someone here remembers this. I didn't pay any mind to hunters at this time.
Wrath: Loque, Skoll, wolf, devilsaur
Cata: Sambas, Karoma, Ban'thalos, Skarr, Deth'tilac
Pandaria: the white tiger track tame, Portent
WoD(so far) : Gara, hydras
Just because I'm a nerd...

BC: Ravager (Gore did double damage). Cats were second choice with Claw (I raided with my trusty Humar the Pridelord, "Blackjack," who I leveled to 70 by grinding caster mobs in Terrokar.) And Beast Mastery spec topped the damage meters.

Ah, memories.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ah! Thank you Kalhoun! BC's pets weren't brought up much(least from my friends that played hunters back then) so I couldn't remember for the life of me what pets were the theme for that expansion. Also if I'm missing anything from the others, lemme know.

LisaaraPokefarm

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

BC for me was Windserpent or GTFO (by ZA stage anyway) and yeah you were BM or not in the raid lol! I fucking hated ravagers even tho my raid leader kept on at me to tame one...NU!

I finally went and got Gara tonight BUT the pet I've bonded with the most was a brown wolf and a brown armoured wolf (who i consider like an upgraded version i got at 99) neither rare or "special" but the pet i loved to lvl with :) I have alot of rares between my 2 main hunters but like others I have a special place for a few ol favs - Castilians Plainstrider "Emerald" is a notable one. Her first proper pet back in vanilla and has never ever left her stable.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Sabrewulff wrote:It takes less than a half hour to gather the items you need to get to her you guaranteed the tame that's hardly rare, i don't Know where your getting this loads hated BC info from but some one is obviously giving you false info lol, and yes some one or two will have it but a majority wont.
So now you want to know where I got my info from? My opinionated mind, that's where. Yes, loads of people hated BC. Think how many people played back then. Not all of them are going to like BC. It's viewing both sides really. I hated BC. I'm sure many others share my opinion.
Personally, it took two hours to get stuff for Gara. Grated, we took some wrong turns and whatnot, but it'd more the bond of the pet than pet itself.
It's a week into the expac, give or take. Two weeks on Thursday. People have barely had any time to level. Loads more Gara's will pop up soon.
Let's conclude this all. They removed the 'hunt' as you put it because it made people go from caring little leprechauns to evil dicks the next. GM's have had to get involved and whatnot. Blizzard have better things to worry about than if someone if being a douche and holding a mob form hunters. So they removed it. If you're the RP type, RP hunting your pet or something. If you aren't, there's still options out there. Half my stable isn't rare (and the ones that are rare I view as trophies of sorts, or I fear the long camp to getting them should I release them) and pets don't need a rare tag on them to be special.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I like ravagers enough but I always hated being forced to use a pet. Loque is usually my favored pet, but I really love them all, rare or common. Heck, I even loved the tiny beetle or the flame pet we had at one point. XD Just cause of the humor.

LisaaraPokefarm

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Kayro wrote:So now you want to know where I got my info from? My opinionated mind, that's where. Yes, loads of people hated BC. Think how many people played back then. Not all of them are going to like BC. It's viewing both sides really. I hated BC. I'm sure many others share my opinion.
well, if it helps, there isn't a single person in my guild that liked BC. We've even gotten together to find ways of skipping as much of Outland as possible by doing bursts of powerlevel in dungeons.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sukurachi wrote:
Kayro wrote:So now you want to know where I got my info from? My opinionated mind, that's where. Yes, loads of people hated BC. Think how many people played back then. Not all of them are going to like BC. It's viewing both sides really. I hated BC. I'm sure many others share my opinion.
well, if it helps, there isn't a single person in my guild that liked BC. We've even gotten together to find ways of skipping as much of Outland as possible by doing bursts of powerlevel in dungeons.
I never liked BC either...:/ It was snoozeville and I maybe quest a smidge in HFP but other than that, I sit and dungeon my way through it asap. Far as I know, none of my friends liked BC content except MAYBE Nagrand.

LisaaraPokefarm

Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

I prefer the new system too. I camped for rares during Wrath, now I'm done with it. My favourite pet will always be Skoll, it was worth the camp. Now I prefer to tame right away, less drama too imho.

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

Novikova wrote:
Sabrewulff wrote:
Twila wrote:What I'm not fond of?
Hours of camping and freting.
People ganking your tame Just to grif you.
People trying to steal your tame from you
People holding tames for ransom. (yes such happend with Lok, the first ever spirit beast, got so bad GM's had to get involved)

Personally, the hunt was worse.. I'm glad it's not that way in WOD and hope it remains that way. Let unique tames be challange tame instead. Like the hidden pets in WOD or quick respawn yet hard to tame methoods like the spiritpines. Or the quest for Gara.

I am so done with RARE rare tames...

So you want everything handed to you?
You are the only one making it hours of camping a lot of the thrill just comes from a lucky pass
Its a online game... If your honestly letting people like that get to you you should not play
its a competitive game
well if a person was lucky enough to find it they can do whatever they plz with the spawn

Cant really call us hunters if they take the hunt out of it just saying
Im not saying that the challenge/quests tames are not fun and should be removed but by taking rare spawns out you are only accommodating to the people that like stuff handed to them, why cant there be both
What Kayro said.

And honestly, it's not 'handing' anything to anyone. Mobs can still get killed from beneath you. You still have to go to the mob, tame it and survive.

It's not 'hunting' if you have to sit and wait for hours. It's not 'hunting' if you lose it to some dingus with distracting shot. It's not 'hunting' if you can't stop another hunter from killing it before your tame completes. It's not 'hunting' if some wanker decides to hold the thing ransom to the point GMs have to intervene.

I really don't get the 'it's being HANDED TO YOU!' mentality. It's up there with 'welfare epics' for phrases that weird me out. It's a game. Not a job. Challenge shouldn't come from 'I'm sitting in a spot for hours, hoping no one kills this thing'. People are going to get frustrated if hours of effort get foiled by some douchecanoe, even if they're normally even headed 99.9% of the time.

To me, a hunt is a questline. A hunt is tracking. Not 'man, I wish NPCscan would go off so I can go do something else and be done with this so I can stop worrying when someone parks next to me here or spits on me'.

Lucky passes don't work on a lot of servers (especially medium and high pop ones). Hell, I did fly bys on Skoll for 2 years. 2. Freaking. YEARS. If all the spawn points are camped, good luck with that. And if you want some of the downsides of long spawn timers, check out the Trigore threads. Or the consolation corner. Competition turns people into dicks.

Difficulty should not come from other people with no way to deal with it. There's literally NOTHING you can do about it on a PvE server if the guy is same faction or not flagged.
I completely disagree, I think it IS having the pet handed to you. To myself and many veteran hunters, long spawn camping, multiple spawn points, player competition, and a little luck are what pet hunting is all about. It sounds like you have had a lot of bad experiences with taming a rare pet, but your poor luck should not speak for the entire community. The challenge and competition is what makes it that much more epic when you finally do get that tame if you persevere. I find it hard to believe that a pet was held "ransom," and a GM had to intervene-that sounds a bit like a fish story, but I'm sorry if your luck is really that terrible. Having a pet like Loque to this day is an accomplishment, whether you want to admit it or not and why not have one or two pets like that each expansion? I don't see any harm in that. I don't think these elite rares should go away just because some players are unable to get them or are too intimidated/too lazy to try. What next? A quest handing out mythic raid mounts to everyone?
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I have mixed feelings on this subject, but I would like to point out that so many hunters have these "rare pets" in their stables because they seek the challenge and thrill of a difficult hunt. It's not all about the unique looks that others have pointed out.
Sabrewulff

Stephen wrote:I completely disagree, I think it IS having the pet handed to you. To myself and many veteran hunters, long spawn camping, multiple spawn points, player competition, and a little luck are what pet hunting is all about. It sounds like you have had a lot of bad experiences with taming a rare pet, but your poor luck should not speak for the entire community. The challenge and competition is what makes it that much more epic when you finally do get that tame if you persevere. I find it hard to believe that a pet was held "ransom," and a GM had to intervene-that sounds a bit like a fish story, but I'm sorry if your luck is really that terrible. Having a pet like Loque to this day is an accomplishment, whether you want to admit it or not and why not have one or two pets like that each expansion? I don't see any harm in that. I don't think these elite rares should go away just because some players are unable to get them or are too intimidated/too lazy to try. What next? A quest handing out mythic raid mounts to everyone?
[/quote][/quote]

Yes 101% agree this in the jist of what I'm saying