Can my wolfies get a model upgrade? Pretty please!?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kyonarai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stonemaul

Can my wolfies get a model upgrade? Pretty please!?

Unread post by Kyonarai »

Post aimed at developers who stalk this forum:

I LOVE Gara and all of the new wolves this expansion, but it has me staring longingly at my Shaman's new fancy ghost wolves, Is there any way that Karoma or my Grim totem spirit guide can get an upgrade to the spiffy new blue ghost wolf models? I mean Karoma shares a zone with Sambas, who has the new lion model, so it's only fair....

Also...black and white new lion models please?

...I'll pay you!
Special thanks to Ket-shi!
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Can my wolfies get a model upgrade? Pretty please!?

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

While I understand very well your request, it does touch a very sensible subject. Even if you do like those new wolf models, some players are still extremely attached to their old Spirit Guide and / or Karoma. Suddenly changing their model is VERY risky. A few years back they changed the color of one of the rare cats in Winterspring (I think it was Rak'shiri?), and a lot of players came out of the woods and threw a fit on the official forums about it, up until the color change was reverted. And frankly, I can't blame them at all.

I think the best solution would be to add a new wolf somewhere on Draenor with that new ghostly appearance. Though to be honest I doubt it's possible as of yet. If I remember correctly, one of the devs said on Twitter that this specific look is generated by a hidden buff placed on the wild mob, and to prevent exploits all buffs, including hidden ones, are removed as the taming process ends. The best they could do is to give us a pet buff item that would put the ghostly appearance on our pet, just like the one we can get for ourselves on Timeless Isle in the underwater cavern.
ImageImage
Kyonarai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stonemaul

Unread post by Kyonarai »

Ah yes, I suppose you're right...I'm just in love with the newer wolf model. But I don't want anyone to be sad over their beloved pet changing either, even if the change would make me pretty happy. I'm still horribly upset that they changed my Haunted memento. I want my ghost friend back 24/7, not just randomly showing up and dying all the time. Sadness.

Why does Blizz always change everything I like? My hunter's whole theme is ghost pets/mounts...I have almost every ghost mount you can get(Spectral steed, Spectral Ghryphon, Ghastly Charger), and most of the ghostly spirit beasts, plus my GTSG, so the Haunted buff was perfect for her. It was annoying that I couldn't have a battle pet out also on that char, but over all I didn't mind it. It was something special, that showed just how long I have been playing this game(since Vanilla), that I participated in the Lich King's invasion, and had something to show for it. And now they've broken it.

So yeah...I get it, unfortunately. It's just that no one seems to have that same sort of consideration for the things I like.

/sad.
Special thanks to Ket-shi!
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

As said above its a very personal thing.
I adore the old coyote model much more than the new "yet another sabre wolf" model.
However. if you take away the large fangs and adjust the head and face a little you see clarely that its the coyote model they worked out from. It got all the same marks. same snarl, tufts of fur placed on the same spots ect. Just the head ruins it for me.

I liked garas ghostlu look better than they void one myself, and wouldnt mind a ghostly version beeing added to tame. but on the other hand.
Its not a given that we should be able to tame all the thingys.

Though i would give alot to be able to tame a shark, Eel or fish...

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I don't want my Karoma's model to change at all!!! I much prefer it to the "new" wolf model. That my shaman uses the "new" model now instead of the Grim totem one is a bit of a "sore" spot for me right now...wtb glyph to revert it back to the old one T.T

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

While maybe not an upgrade of an existing NPC, I would kill however many things and do however many quests and gather however many things to get a hold of a new model of the ghostwolves! It's my, hands down, favorite model in-game out of just about every beast out there, and I would love to see it used more (both the original and a new one using the WoD wolf model). I'd love for it to be maybe, on par to difficulty as Gara, or maybe even a bit harder or more time consuming. More things for us to work for and keep us occupied with an awesome reward at the end :D

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd love for wolves to get an update. Not so much changed but just....touched up, yanno? No more pixel teeth or bad animations.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

Junrei wrote:I'd love for wolves to get an update. Not so much changed but just....touched up, yanno? No more pixel teeth or bad animations.
If it can be a identical change as with the bats and corehounds, then sure thing!
Those are very very true to the orginals.
However i like the old style fur that the coyotes have. makes them look so soft!

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Akyo wrote:
Junrei wrote:I'd love for wolves to get an update. Not so much changed but just....touched up, yanno? No more pixel teeth or bad animations.
If it can be a identical change as with the bats and corehounds, then sure thing!
Those are very very true to the orginals.
However i like the old style fur that the coyotes have. makes them look so soft!
Their old fur makes them look hard to me...and spiky.

But yeah, I meant the change kinda like that cause it still stayed true but also made them look so much better.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine