Its Gone....

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rohanz

Re: Its Gone....

Unread post by Rohanz »

I think from BC on camping for rare pets has no real worth other than vanity, pre-BC there was a reason to camp for weeks even months to get a pet like BT for example. Aside from the unique skin, it had viable worth, a faster attack speed which made it hard for casters to get casts off and increased dps.

Since BC and the systematic gutting of the Hunter class including these types of special pet skills, rare pets no longer have viable worth, same as non rares just a different skin.
Sabrewulff

Unread post by Sabrewulff »

The fact is though that they are handouts as far as taming goes because they respawn 30 sec after they are tamed/killed. Granted Gara is not as much of a handout ( nor is she a rare ) you do have to do some footwork to get her but all and all the footwork only takes you 30 min to an hour and she is a guarantee tame. Now i get that you do get a little story with here and that's great, the idea behind this tame is a really good idea. All a lot of us hunters want though is a combination of handouts AND real rare spawns.
Rohanz wrote:Since BC and the systematic gutting of the Hunter class including these types of special pet skills, rare pets no longer have viable worth, same as non rares just a different skin.
Well in WoW skins of pets, mounts, armor, and weapons can be very important to a lot of players. The reason most of that stuff is important to them is because a lot of the times that stuff is not that easy to get and you do feel a little bit of an accomplishment when you finally do get that item or tame that pet.
Last edited by Sabrewulff on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

See, you're doing it again. Calling it a hand out when it isn't, then claiming Gara is 30 min to an hour...when it's not. It took me days to get her cause I had to level and everyone here thus far is getting irritated with the whole "This is a handout!" thing, when it isn't. Doesn't matter the respawn timer. A handout would be we get it automatically right in the mail or our stable without even hitting the tame button. Until that happens, nothing is a hand out or a freebie. Effort still has to be made, even if minimal. Camping is minimal effort too. If you want to call the 30 seconds a handout, then camping in general is there too because you do nothing but sit there.

So....to avoid more aggression on all sides, lets stop with the 'this is a hand out' ordeal, please.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sabrewulff

they take very little effort to get so i consider that a handout.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Camping takes little effort, if none at all. So that goes both ways. Opinions on what is and isn't a handout is going to differ. All it's doing now is causing agitation, which is what we want to avoid.

LisaaraPokefarm

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'm not sure if you're aware with what you'rs doing Sabre, but it's causing sparks to fly and tempers to flare. This is entirely opinionated, and trying to convince people otherwise isn't going to help anything. If Blizzard didn't think that there were too many good sides to long respawns and whatnot as opposed to bad things, then they wouldn't of cut them out in Draenor. They haven't been completely cut out of the game. This is getting out of hand somewhat. I think we should leave it at this, personally.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Agreed, Kayro. Opinions are fine but not when you're trying to force others to agree with you or treat it as a fact("i'm right, you're wrong!) sort of thing.

LisaaraPokefarm

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Sabrewulff wrote:they take very little effort to get so i consider that a handout.
And sitting in one spot or periodically moving by a spot in the hopes something appears is 'effort'?

Hoping you can tame it before someone kills it is 'effort'? No, sir.

That's lucky. And luck should never be used to inflate difficulty.

Simply because you do a quest or can travel to a mob doesn't make it a handout. :/ I just think it's a very unfair stance.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

you know more and more I'm sick of hearing from people about the "hand outs" this game gives people. Everyone that I know who feels this way that I have gotten to admit it has made it clear. It's not about how easy something it's the fact that others can have what they have and they don't feel like a special snowflake anymore. It's like the whole "When epics were epics and only the leet few had them" or the latest "LFR is just a hand out to those who are bad." That just gets me that need to make yourself feel better because you have access to something that others don't. To those who want to be a special snow flakes those days are gone and over, come to realize and this will help you and the game over all: Special Snow Flakes do not keep this game going. I wonder just what the percents are on it though fully, of how many are casuals and how many are those hard core raiders. But I have a feeling that it's around 75% or more who are considered casual so those hard core raiders only have a game because those Causal "bads".

To Saber, I feel this goes towards what your hoping for. That those long spawns you'll be that cool hunter that everyone whispers "Hey where did you get that pet?" and you'll be able to answer that it took you a long time of camping to earn the pet. I remember being that noob back int he day first time I saw Humar god I loved that cat and still have the orignal in my stables.

To everyone else, I believe that to each their own but, I think the more people that have access to these things makes the game better over all for everyone. When Lfr came out I had just left raiding in cata it wasn't my thing it made me feel like I still had a reason to play to see those cool fights see some of the story that the raids offer.

My two cents in this is: Everything in this game is a hand out of one form or another so beware when your throwing out those two words when describing stuff.
Rohanz

Unread post by Rohanz »

Sabrewulff wrote:
Rohanz wrote:Since BC and the systematic gutting of the Hunter class including these types of special pet skills, rare pets no longer have viable worth, same as non rares just a different skin.
Well in WoW skins of pets, mounts, armor, and weapons can be very important to a lot of players. The reason most of that stuff is important to them is because a lot of the times that stuff is not that easy to get and you do feel a little bit of an accomplishment when you finally do get that item or tame that pet.
Armor, weapons for transmogs I can see, for me pets not so much, I tamed two in Pandaria and only bothered with those because their foot prints showed up in front of me while doing quests and I had an open slot, won't bother taming anything in WoD.

What once was a challenging and unique facet of the WoW hunter class has been homogenized and trivialized to the point of uselessness. Literally tame the first tamable beast you see and you will be good from level 10 to 100 and beyond.
Sabrewulff

Kayro wrote:I'm not sure if you're aware with what you'rs doing Sabre, but it's causing sparks to fly and tempers to flare. This is entirely opinionated, and trying to convince people otherwise isn't going to help anything. If Blizzard didn't think that there were too many good sides to long respawns and whatnot as opposed to bad things, then they wouldn't of cut them out in Draenor. They haven't been completely cut out of the game. This is getting out of hand somewhat. I think we should leave it at this, personally.

I dont know why sparks would fly we are all just trying to discuss our opinion on how we miss or don't miss the spawn timers :/

Im not trying to force any one to agree with me
Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Unread post by Glassdragon »

I have to say that I loved the hunt. I like putting in the time, or just getting lucky, on obtaining that pet that not everyone has.
Even if everyone gets it at some point, it was still worth it to me.
Sometimes it would get to the point where your hands are a little shaky while taming or just after! Those where the best.
Nothing really exciting but I do appreciate the time, hard work and effort put into this new quest. Just shows they care and it's something new, even if its not everyone's cup of tea.
Plus, you never know what they will add next!
Sabrewulff

Glassdragon wrote:I have to say that I loved the hunt. I like putting in the time, or just getting lucky, on obtaining that pet that not everyone has.
Even if everyone gets it at some point, it was still worth it to me.
Sometimes it would get to the point where your hands are a little shaky while taming or just after! Those where the best.
Nothing really exciting but I do appreciate the time, hard work and effort put into this new quest. Just shows they care and it's something new, even if its not everyone's cup of tea.
Plus, you never know what they will add next!

I know right! That feeling when you see that rare spawn and then the feeling u get after taming it.... Priceless
Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

But not everyone agrees, and you should respect their oppion as well, not just your own. For me sitting in the same place for hours to find a beast or other rare is almost impossible because i can't keep focused that long on something.

This makes that some of the changes are good for me and others with my problems. I have done the stuff for Gara, i have it on a horde player, believe me some of that is pretty hard, because you have to run around the map a lot of times and some area's you should not try too low level :).
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Speaking of Gara, I've found her, talked to her, and.....that's as far as I've gotten. I have absolutely zero idea what to do with the quest line at this point. I know I could look it up, but I'm curious to see if I'll stumble across something in my travels that will give me a clue as to the next step. :) I'm also not chomping at the bit to get her either, so that could have something to do with it.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

there is a guide there is a reference to it in a gara thread :), good luck on the hunt
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Thanks, dearie! I figured there was a guide out there somewhere, but I'm making it a point not to look it up (yet). ;)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sabrewulff

Ardawen wrote:But not everyone agrees, and you should respect their oppion as well, not just your own. For me sitting in the same place for hours to find a beast or other rare is almost impossible because i can't keep focused that long on something.

I did respect everyone's opinion
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Sabrewulff wrote:
Kayro wrote:I'm not sure if you're aware with what you'rs doing Sabre, but it's causing sparks to fly and tempers to flare. This is entirely opinionated, and trying to convince people otherwise isn't going to help anything. If Blizzard didn't think that there were too many good sides to long respawns and whatnot as opposed to bad things, then they wouldn't of cut them out in Draenor. They haven't been completely cut out of the game. This is getting out of hand somewhat. I think we should leave it at this, personally.

I dont know why sparks would fly we are all just trying to discuss our opinion on how we miss or don't miss the spawn timers :/

Im not trying to force any one to agree with me
Even if you aren't, to others it does seem that way. Calling pets freebies on your end might seem fine. To someone else, that freebie pet is special and they might get offended (the person, not the pet!) and it causes arguments with what is free and what isn't. Gara, in my mind, isn't free. She took time and effort to get. So what if it's an hour or less to get her? She still had more story than a pet such a Loque who I could spend hours camping for.
Sabrewulff wrote:
Ardawen wrote:But not everyone agrees, and you should respect their oppion as well, not just your own. For me sitting in the same place for hours to find a beast or other rare is almost impossible because i can't keep focused that long on something.

I did respect everyone's opinion
Once again, it might seem it on your end but to others it's certainly not that way.
Sabrewulff

well i cant help that, that's something they have to work out lol