Its Gone....

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Its Gone....

Unread post by Lisaara »

You're going to have to help it cause it's your words causing the problems, not theirs. That means you're coming across as rude and dismissive, whether that's the intent or not. Tone cannot be heard on the internet, but even if it was, those words would still irritate me. There's much better ways to go about things than sounding like people on the official forums.

As the old saying goes..."It's not what you say, but how you say it." I once had the same problem and came off as passive aggressive when I wasn't meaning to. I've since learned to word myself differently. It's improved my experiences here as well as helped get my points across without sounding like a total bitch. It won't hurt you either to stop and think before typing up a response. It'll help in the long run here on Petopia and many other places online. Your actions are your own, thus you need to take responsibility for them and the consequences that come with it rather than pass it off as someone elses problem when it's not theirs.

I say this because I care and I don't want constant flare ups to happen.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sabrewulff

Unread post by Sabrewulff »

You all really need to settle your turning a mountain into a mole hill... Now i don't know if your doing this intently because you particularly don't like this post so your trying to start drama on it so that it gets shut down or you really are that offended by my opinion on the matter. Whatever the case might be i would suggest backing away from this particular topic if the opinions how this rare situation currently is in the game is offending you. You simply have to realize that these are opinions of myself and other hunters, and i will continue to believe and view these very short spawn timers on the current rares including Gara are handouts. if it offends you that i have that opinion on how the rares are in the game then i again don't know what to tell you lol. Now with that again said..... im going to stick to the topic at hand

It seems that spawn times on some rares have been increased from 30 sec to more like 2 min, lol not much of a jump but a jump none the less
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm just going to leave this right here:
hand·out
ˈhandˌout/Submit
noun
noun: handout; plural noun: handouts; noun: hand-out; plural noun: hand-outs
1. something given free to a needy person.

So NO nothing in game is a "hand out" unless you count it something like the molten corgi you get for purely logging into the game during the anniversary. THAT is a handout. But nothing else like taming ANYTHING is a true handout. So maybe pick another word like, I don't know, easy.

A LOT, myself included, are not all that pleased with how EASY WoW has become. And yes. It has become easy. Taming takes little to no work. Some are, yes are still difficult catches but over all the obscenely long camps are gone. Yes there are a few out there but for the most part that aspect of being a hunter is gone.

Look at talent trees. Back in the day you had to actually LEARN to be a hunter. Actually try different points in different slots to see what would be the best dps for raiding etc. It took work. Blizzard removed that to accommodate a whole new generation of players who seemingly just don't want to take the time, energy or both to LEARN their class. I can, and admittedly have, gotten on a boosted class I've NEVER played before and been able to be competitive. It's gotten easy.

Nothing though is truly handed out. Period. I'm sorry certain others feel that way but it's not the case. What is the case is that Blizzard has completely dumbed down the entire game to make the new generations of WoW players happy.

I can understand feeling that the days of old of being hunter are gone. They are. But that's the progression Blizzard chose. If you're not happy with it stop playing. But everyone, as already stated, is entitled to their own opinions. If you don't like it don't try to comment on it, refute it or what have you. Just move on. There is NO REASON this should be 7 pages of people going back and forth over what they personally feel is right, wrong, this way, that way, forward or backward.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

I think the problem is that there are two passionate sides to each arguement and that both sides think the other is wrong and that everyone else is on their side when in reality from what I'm reading it seems about 50/50. Maybe a little more in a favor of the less-difficult tames.

Personally I do feel that Gara and similar pets are a handout. I don't mean that to insult or criticize; I just simply feel the mechanics involved are easily accessible to everyone across the board and the result of that is a compromise in reward, challenge, and uniqueness. Again, there's nothing wrong with getting an easy-pet-some of my most favorite pets of all time were extremely easy to get.

What myself and others are missing are the tames that take more of a challenge to get such as Loque Nahak. You can argue that camping is just sitting in one place, but I think most of us know that is not the case with these rares. Yes there is absolutely a lot of luck involved and that luck is part of what I like about them. The "special snowflake," is a very tired and invalid argument. Everyone likes to feel special or unique. If there were not "special" or increased rewards for increased difficulties, no one would run Mythic raids when they could get the same reward/satisfaction from LFR. Individualism is not a sin.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to put in the effort or time for a difficult to acquire pet. I totally don't blame these people, especially if CRZ is involved. I think a good solution is to have some cool looking pets for both the casual crowd and the more hardcore pet hunters. I really hope that they continue with the more challenging competitive pets in the future as well as the easier pets for those that can't get the harder ones.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Anywhoozle, I'd said my stance and offered friendly advice about posting on public forums and taking responsibility. That's all I gotta say.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kittykat
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Kittykat »

I don't know where this stuff about Loque being "unique" is coming from, possibly rose-colored-glasses nostalgia or something, but there were at least a dozen Loques tamed on my server in the first week after WOTLK hit, and the number increased past that point. Sure, it involved a lot of tedious camping, and competing with jerks who wanted the blue item/achievement/hated hunters. That was tedious, aggravating, but literally required zero skill. And I say this as someone who tamed Loque at-level BEFORE the tame timer was nerfed, when it was necessary to ice trap him or he would stun you as soon as you aggroed him.

Look, if you like a pet, but you don't like that others who like the same look have already tamed it, tame something else. If you want a unique look for your character, find a transmog to collect that is unusual, tame something less popular, march to the beat of your own drummer. This thread however comes across as saying things are awful now because I say they are and anyone who doesn't agree with me is wrong and ignorant. Maybe that wasn't intentional, but that IS how it looks, and I am not the only one saying that.

If you really like a certain pet, it shouldn't matter whether other people like it too. If you don't like a certain pet, it shouldn't matter how many other people consider it a must-have. I personally haven't tamed Ban'thalos because I don't like pets that are big and flappy-flappy all over the screen. He's a gorgeous bird but it would never work between us, despite the literally dozens of them I could find in org the month after he was introduced.

One of my hunters has a ghost-cat, which you hardly ever see anymore, it seems like. She still has it because I think it is cool, and I had fun searching out the figurines.

Blizzard has implemented many different types of tames in the game, questlines, mechanics, tracking... those are all still there for people who want to do them, no one is forced to tame the current thing, and no one knows what the next patch might bring.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well, I did ask.

Locked.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.